Hi

Bahrain v Uzbekistan
In the event chart the testimonies are pretty compelling for Bahrain as Andrew pointed out. I decided to make a small bet on the Bahrain, yet the "Will I profit betting on Bahrain?" (yes I'm back) horary produced some interesting results.

17 June 2009 13:18 56N57 24E06 GMT +3
ASC 26VIR27

Hour Sun, L1 Merc - Merc and Sun are in Gemini so I suppose the chart is radical. Moon as my co-sig applies to a sextile aspect with the Sun that is L11 (aspirations) and also the Sun exalts in Aries which is House8 (bookie's money). That's a good sign - by a stretch but nevertheless.

L2 (my money) Venus applies to a conjunction with L8 (bookie's money) Mars in the 8th house. That's also a good thing.

The only problem (is it?) is Uranus as L5 (betting) falling just inside the cusp of the 7th house (the bookie). DSC is 26PIS27 while Uranus is 26PIS32, i.e., less then 1? away. Since Uranus does not belong to the classical septener maybe I should dismiss it but it's position is somehow emphasized in this chart by being angular and falling just inside the cusp of the bookie. Normally, if L2 or L8 or L5 falls just inside the cusp of the DSC that means the bookie gets to control my money, his money or my bet respectively that way not letting me win. And normally this is a very strong testimony.

So the question is: is Uranus - emphasized in this chart as it is - a 'valid' ruler of the 5th house? (I usually use Saturn as the ruler of Aquarius).
If it is, Bahrain is in trouble (or a draw since it's a 3Way). If it's not, then it's cool 'cause there's 1 and a half testimonies in favor of Bahrain.

I am not trying to be smart here or anything it's just I think that horary coupled with the event chart could be more of a threat :D Maybe not in this particular game because there are no compelling testimonies against or in favor. But eventually there will be more straightforward charts.

Let's see what happens.

I am so pleased! :lala
I went for a draw/home win between Australia - Japan 2-1
and the same between South Korea - Iran 1-1
That proved to be sound judgement!

Japan took the lead against Austraila, who equalized on the 2nd half before scoring the winning goal in the 77th minute. Then South Korea scored an own goal in their game against Iran, but equalized in the 81st minute.

This is very good! Well done again, Ficina! :D
http://www.astronor.com

Ficina wrote:Saudi Arabia/N. Korea ... there's an outside chance of a draw.
That's right: 0:0! North Korea goes to the World Cup... :shock:

My addition: Saudi Arabia really "should have won" IMO, according to the chart. Sorry for that, it's highly theoretical, but, if we use the color method, the ascendant, and Saturn, is North Korea, as they were in darker colors (red, of course...), while the home team played in white. I know, it's still not OK because in this case NK should have won, but... They are the weaker team (in skill, not physically), and this draw clearly worth a victory for them. :?:

Fiddlesticks!!
That South Arabia - N. Korea 0-0 match was the only one that messed me up today. I was hoping for a clear run!!

Now the question is the testimony that proves the draw - is it because Mercury is both Lord of Day and Hour that adds conviction to the radicality by triplicity principle. I'll certainly double check that next time.

Ficina must be given due credit for pointing out the draw. I thought Saturn, L1, sextile MC would suffice - but Saturn tends to cool things down rather than bring out the gifts. I always think that the prominence of Saturn may add to testimony of either an underdog or a draw. :-sk

SATURN casts it's sextile through signs of LONG ASCENSION!!

Thanks, guys. Very kind of you since the draw was only a 'second string' to my main prediction. As I said, I checked up previous examples of L1 sextile MC because I had a feeling sextiles didn't work as well as trines to MC. One of the games from early last year had L1 sextile MC and Moon trine antiscion L4 (same as this chart today) and that game also ended 0-0!

I'm still pounding on those cases where the Lord of the Day and Hour are the same planet. It would seem to simplify business. Instead of being of two minds. However, it could also be a token of that 'anything can be arranged'. It is like coming into a shop and meeting the owner instead of the front office boy. The owner is usually in the background, but it is important when he gets tied in. We should look for charts where the Lord of the Day connects with other significators, angles or aspects to the Lord of the Hour. Then the Lord of the Day would appear to be playing an active part.

I can see the danger of trying to chew over too many things at once here, but there are so many interesting games going on and they all have individual charts. Here is a startingpoint for discussion, but 6 games is more than a handful, so remember the Golden Rule - Keep things simple!

June 20 ? WC Qualification round Africa

Zambia ? Algeria, 14.00 CST Chilolabombwe 12S22 27E50
Odds: 2,00 3,20 3,50
Asc 1SC29 MC 24CN44 Moon 26TA57 POF 29VI08
Day Saturn, Hour Saturn/Jupiter
Sun square POF, Moon square Jupiter (LHr)
Venus L7 conj Mars L1 in the 7th house. Semi-squ the Sun
Asc square NN in the 4th house ? deadlock?
Interesting chart, but hard to call. A draw is possible.

Kenya ? Mozambique, 15.00 CST Nairobi 01S17 36E49
Odds: 2,10 3,20 3,25
Asc 23SC30 MC 18LE15 Moon 27TA33 POF 21LI43
Day Saturn, Hour Mars ? radical
Mars LHr conj Venus L7, Moon in 7th VOC
Sun, L10, VOC ? a draw seems possible, or it's entirely open?

Marocco ? Togo, 20.00 CST Rabat 34N02 6W50
Odds: 1,45 3,95 6,50
Asc 8SG23 MC 21VI33 Moon 0GE36 POF 9SC28
Day Saturn, Hour Sun ? powers with asc, triplicity as Jupiter
Mercury L10 in own sign opposite Ascendant.
Radical - the favourites win, but a draw is possible.

Sudan ? Ghana, 19.30 CST Omdurman 15N38 32E26
Odds: 4,85 3,50 1,65
Asc 15CP59 MC 25LI52 Moon 0GE18 POF 16SG46
Day Saturn, Hour Moon ? not radical
POF square Saturn, L1, through signs of long ascension
Jupiter is trine MC, Saturn L1 trine Asc.
The home team are underdogs and stand a chance.

Burkina Faso ? Ivory Coast, 20.00CST Ouagadougou 12N21 01W32
Odds: 4,15 3,30 1,80
Asc 22SG47 MC 27VI19 Moon 0GE36 23SC51
Day Saturn, Hour Venus ? same powers as Jupiter
Antiscia of Mercury, L7, is trine POF. Uranus on the IC.
Mercury rules both 10th and 7th. The chart is radical.
Will Ivory Coast be in a class of their own?

Tunisia ? Nigeria, 20.10 CST Rades 36N46 10E17
Odds: 2,50 3,10 2,65
Asc 23SG40 MC 12LI54 Moon 0GE42 POF 24SC50
Day Saturn Hour Venus ? same powers as Jupiter
The Sun is VOC in the 7th. POF square Jupiter, L1, seems wide.
The square to Neptune seems closer ? lacks clarity.
Venus, LHr, joined to Mars, L4. A draw is possible

The best guesses seem to be Marrocco and Ivory Coast winning their games. Sudan winning their game is more risky, but it is a possible underdog. Tunisia against Nigeria might be the best bet among possible draws. Second opinions are alway appreciated. I always miss something. :wink:
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morocco - Togo
What are the testimonies in favor of Morocco? PS South Node's antiscion falls at the very end of Taurus and the Moon is barely a degree away form it. Even though the antiscion and the Moon are in different signs - does that count?

Morocco/Togo
Mercury being both L7 and L10 has worked well for away faves. Not so sure it's enough for an underdog to overturn an odds-on fave, even though Togo have Adebayor :) However, hour-ruler and Asc ruler are in same trip, so I agree there's the possibility of a draw.

Sudan/Ghana
Although chart isn't radical, hour ruler Moon is L7. L1 square POF (1?) is probably a negative for Sudan (squares not being terribly reliable). L1 trine Asc is very close but separating and not quite partile (according to Solar Fire co-ords). On balance I'd say a draw looks possible but I slightly favour Ghana to win.

Tunisia/Nigeria
I can see nothing for either side, so I agree with Andrew - a draw!

God's got a sense of humor. I'll have to check that the Pope isn't running my betting office...

One day full of confidence. The next day the Pope pulls the rug out on you!

Ah well! :(

Morroco/Togo 0-0... Congratulations KUVALDIS! Well, done!
Morocco/Togo was this evenings Waterloo from my point of view.
Ghana were great - I just have to check out why they didn't abide to my current understanding of cosmic law.

Tunisia - Nigeria 0-0!! It's a Draw! We are truly terrific!! :brows

Finicia is counting money, I am sure. Superb!
You got everything right 17,9:1 in odds!! :' :'