There are 5 games I want to study with Wednesday's line up of WC qualifying matches:

Nederlands ? Norway, 20.45 CST Rotterdam
Odds: 1,40 4,25 8,00
Asc 6SG46 MC 5LI26 Moon 23CP03 POF 9CN49
Day Saturn, Hour Jupiter - radical by sign, advantage the home team favourites. POF is on the antiscia of the Sun - the favourites get it. Mercury, L7, is cadent and on the antiscia of the Moon's South node. This spells the doom of the Norwegians, who should be beaten and can say goodbye to any World Cup dreams.

Japan ? Qatar, 12.20 CST Saitama
Odds: 1,35 4,25 8,00
Asc 24SG16 MC 14LI37 Moon 18CP55 POF 23CN24
Dy Mercury, Hour Sun ? radical, posessing the same powers as asc
Jupiter, L1, sextile Asc does give advantage to the home team. Mercury is once again L7 and on the antiscia of the South Node. Qatar's fate is also set and have no possibility of advancing.

Iran ? United Arab Emirates, 16.30 CST Teheran
Odds: 1,25 5,00 10,00
Asc 4SG03 MC 16VI58 Moon 20CP58 POF5CN11
Day Mercury, Hour Jupiter ? radical by sign
Mercury is L7, cadent, and through joining with the antiscia SN, once again we have a weak team as guests. POF is sextile the fortune Venus, who is in own sign. This should be more than enough for Iran to capture all the points.

Moving from the favourites and probably obvious results, here are some maybe underdogs:

Macedonia ? Iceland, 17.45 CST, Skopje
Odds: 1,83 3,40 4,30
Asc 21SC57 MC 4VI58 Moon 21CP35 POF 23GE38
Dy Mercury, Hour Saturn ? not radical, moves the result away from the favourite. Mercury is L10 and located in the 7th. Here the connection with the SN might give favour to the underdog. Venus, L7, trine MC is a testimony that the guests could win. This could be one of the rounds suprises.

Australia ? Bahrain, 12.00 CST, Sydney ? 090610AU
Asc 1AQ47 MC 21LI42 Moon 18CP46 POF 0VI53
Odds: 1,36 4,25 8,00
Dy Mercury, Hour Mercury ? rules the asc. by triplicity, which appears to favour draws. Sun, L7, does trine the MC. Bahrain may get something out of the game. Venus, L10, is in 4th. This may bury the result or coincide with a draw. Lastly, the Moon inconjunct Sun may put things off balance. It's a long shot, but I am not backing Australia. Instead I combine the draw in a multiple bet with low stakes just to see what happens.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew,

First off, thank you for all the good work you are putting into these games :'

I've had a look at Macedonia v Iceland and I spy Moon partile sextile Asc. Any Moon aspect to the Asc/Desc is an advantage to the faves, and I think this testimony at least counterbalances L7 trine MC which let us down in the Macedonia/Norway game. That game ended in a draw even though Norway were marginal faves. Mercury L10 is exactly square Jupiter L4 which suggests deadlock. I'll go for a draw.

Well spotted, Ficina! This one has to be watched closely!

I note that the Lord of the Day, Mercury; the Lord of the Hour, Saturn; and the Lord of the Ascendant; Mars - all report discord in terms of their natural powers. The Moon is detrimented, so her ability to deliver good is weakened. Then she casts her sextile to the Scorpio ascendant, where she has her fall. Does she have anything to offer in this place? I wonder.

Venus, L7, is the sole dispositor in this chart and so closely joined to the degree of her exaltation, then trine the MC, where she has her triplicity - although this has not impressed as important before (triplicities tend to share things around). It's too late for me to turn my bets. I have to live and learn! :mrgreen:

PS. I also asked myself whether the Moon produced draws. I felt it would either go for the ascendant or the descendant. Now we will see.

The Moon is detrimented, so her ability to deliver good is weakened.
I agree. In fact that was another (minor) reason why I went for a draw rather than a Macedonia win.
Then she casts her sextile to the Scorpio ascendant, where she has her fall. Does she have anything to offer in this place? I wonder.
That's a good point. It will be very interesting to see how this one turns out.

Re Australia/Bahrain
Hour Mercury ? rules the asc. by triplicity, which appears to favour draws.
Hour ruler is also in the same trip as Asc ruler (Saturn) in the chart, so a double-whammie for a draw. However, I would like to see some additional supporting testimony for Bahrain since they are underdogs. I think L7 trine MC is too wide. I rather fancy Aus to win this but there is something else to take into consideration. Aus have already qualified so they might not be too bothered about this game?

On the same subject, Netherlands have also already qualified. I can't see anything for Norway in the chart though, apart from Moon applying trine Mercury L7 which unfortunately can rarely be relied upon. Antiscion Moon is conjunct Asc - yet another testimony for Netherlands.

Norway have caused problems for the Netherlands on previous occasions, so Netherlands want to get even. Besides there is something about beating the Norwegian coach 'Drillo' who is reknown for his cynical, defensive and 'kill the opponents play' strategy. Netherlands captain said yesterday that they much more like to see Scotland come up as number two in the group and that they are forwarding their best team for the home crowd that turns out to cheer them.

Australia - Bahrain, I don't think Australia want to be number two in the group because that may involve some extra hassel in getting through to the finals, but while Australia do have the upper hand they are fairly evenly matched by Bahrain. Unbexpected things tend to happen. Neither team scores lots of goals. A tournement always contains its suprises and it is important to keep an open mind.

I put a penny on Ficina's draw in the Macedonian game as insurance, just in case the other combination comes wrong. Good Luck!

A tournement always contains its suprises and it is important to keep an open mind.
Oh, absolutely. I think I'm being extra cautious because the away teams have not been performing particularly well, especially when they are underdogs. It seems they need a very strong testimony or testimonies to get anything out of the games.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of a draw for Australia/Bahrain, especially as Australia are being forced to field an under-strength team because of injuries etc. Apparently their manager still thinks it's important they win the game so they come top in their group even though they are definitely already through to the finals.

Just to clarify, in the Asia groups (of which Australia are a part) the top two teams qualify and it's the teams that come 3rd who take part in the play-offs. (It's a different system from the Europe groups.) Bahrain are in 3rd spot so they really want points from this game in order to retain their position.

Not long now till kick-off. Good luck with your predictions, Andrew!

Well, I am not satisfied. Netherlands beat Norway 2-0, but that was expected! There has to be an explaination for the irregularities. Could it be something like the Moon applying to a trine with the lord of the Day, Mercury, in such a way that the favourites are fortified?
There has to be an explaination, or else it is messy.

I have jotted down Qatar as possibly Capricorn after their draw with Japan. They were awarded a penalty and scored, and that mucked up my basic triplet. :?

For the record:
Nederlands ? Norway 2-0 :'
Japan ? Qatar 1-1 :(
Iran ? United Arab Emirates 1-0 :)

Macedonia ? Iceland 2-0 :,
Australia ? Bahrain 2-0 :, :,

Could it be something like the Moon applying to a trine with the lord of the Day, Mercury, in such a way that the favourites are fortified?
That's a very interesting idea - definitely worth testing out. However, it doesn't explain Japan/Qatar. I didn't look at the chart beforehand, so looking at it now is rather unfair since obviously I'm doing it with the benefit of hindsight.

The only thing I can see in Qatar's favour is Mercury L7 partile conjunct POF (night formula) or Part of Spirit - whichever you choose to call it. Since I always use the day formula, I would probably have passed this by and, even now, I would question whether it's a strong enough testimony or worthy of consideration generally. Yet it is a very tight conjunction - 5'. (BTW, the game was played in Yokohama which alters the angle degrees slightly.)

Re Macedonia/Iceland, it seems the Moon/Asc testimony outweighed the L7/MC testimony. Both aspects were partile and both were separating but the Moon/Asc aspect was much closer. Apparently Moon's essential debility had no adverse effect here.

These are all the kind of things I would take note of for the future.

Japan/Qatar - the Part of Spirit (POS) seems to be important in games where there is nothing to be gained but honor. I lost a set of dice on this one! :(

Macedonia/Iceland - Does a luminary in exact aspect with an angle prove the chart radical? It is possible. The Moon is in the sign of the Lord of the Hour and aspects the ascendant.

Thanks Ficina! We should pick every chart apart! No one has suggested this would be easy, but the code could still be there or that we may gain understanding regarding overriding factors.

:sg Qatar - CP ?