World Cup - Qualifying Rounds

The Qualifying Rounds of the World Cup are due to kick-off on Saturday and I take the opportunity of opening the thread with a Nordic challange:

Norway-Iceland, 19.00 LST, Sep.6., Oslo
Odds: 1.42 4.00 8.50
Asc 0AQ51 MC 13SG18 Moon 4SG53 POF 21PI16

The game is played on the Day of Saturn and in the Hour of Venus. I am thinking that Norway has a fair chance in this game as they badly want to get ahead in their opening game. The odds agree, but it is difficult to see how Norway get to win in the chart. The lord of the asc is combust in the 7th. The Sun is lord of the 7th. Favour the guest.

I look for something that can confirm my hopes and wishes for the home favourites and notice that POF at 21LI16 is exactly placed on the antiscia of Venus, Lady of the Hour, at 8LI43. This is exactly what I am looking for and my pennies go with Norway in this match.
http://www.astronor.com

Saturdays first round games seem to be spread nicely out through the day, but unless you can come up with something really special there is no point in putting money on either:

Andorra - England, 19.00 BST
Odds 75.00 17.50 1.01
Liechtenstein - Germany, 19.00 or 19.45 BST???
Odds: 60.00 15.00 1.02
Serbia - Faroe Islands, 18.00 or 19.15BST???
Odds 1.01 15.00 60.00
Malta - Portugal, 18.00 or 19.00 BST???
Odds: 30.00 10.00 1.07

There are however two games that, in addition to the Norway-Iceland event, appear to be relatively comfortable at a fair price:

Spain - Bosnia-Herzegovina 13.00 or 21.00 BST??
Odds: 1.16 6.50 18.00

Cyprus - Italy, 19.00 BST
Odds: 11.00 5.25 1.25

Spain and Italy should surely manage their games?? I suggest we look at the astrology, but I am having problems in finding where the matches are going to be played, and Unibet and Sportspress quote different times for when the games start! :shock:

HELP ! :-cry

On 6 Sep at 20:15(gmt+2) in Belgrade, Serbia play against Faroe Islands, one of the games for 2010 FIFA world cup.

As we see ASC team is represented with Ma in Li on cusp of 7 house but not so close.
DSC team is represented with Ve in 6 house too.
Ruler of 10th house combust. In 10th house we have Ju s 3 degree orbis.
In 4 house we have POF 1 degree orbis.
Moon will sextile Ve and because planet strength for Ma= -3 and for Ve= 18 I think DSC team will win.
Serbian sport kit are red/blue or white. So I think if Serbian wear white sport kit (Ve in Li) thay will win.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Great Goca! This was one of the matches with mixed times. I've sent Unibet an email asking them to sort the times out and it's too bad they can't tell us where the game is being played.

If Serbia play in white they win? Looking at the odds, they don't require suits at all, but it will be an advantage if they can keep their boots on! :D I would say that the asc within one degree of the exaltation degree of the Sun, the Sun being conjunct Saturn, L10, does it!

Hey! And thank you for posting the chart! That makes it much easier to check out the details! :'

Macedonia v Scotland today at 15.00 CEDT (+2), Skopje, Asc 29,30 Sag

There is no clear fave but the odds are drifting in Macedonia's favour. The Scotland manager isn't confident with so many of his best players out with injuries.

Spica conj MC might favour the home team but I'm not sure how effective this is. Does anyone have examples of fixed stars conj angles? Mars (L4) partile conj antiscion PoF looks good for Scotland but, again, I have no previous examples. It will be interesting to see how this game pans out. I'm hopeful that Scotland will get something out of it.

Ficina wrote:Macedonia v Scotland today at 15.00 CEDT (+2), Skopje, Asc 29,30 Sag

Does anyone have examples of fixed stars conj angles? Mars (L4) partile conj antiscion PoF looks good for Scotland but, again, I have no previous examples. .
Ficina, if you have the new version of Solar Fire, on the Chart Search option there is a tab 'at position' which allows a chart search of, for example 10th house cusp conjunct 23Li57. There is also another tab (can't remember which one) but you can modify a search for antision.

I did a search for 23Li57 conjunct the MC and it brought up quite a few charts, particularly during the Euro 2008 Championship. I have a wide orb for conjunctions but I'm sure I will work out how to make it tighter-to narrow down the charts.

Hope this helps. Come back to me if you want some specifics, I'll be able to get round to it over the next few days.

there is a tab 'at position' which allows a chart search of, for example 10th house cusp conjunct 23Li57
Oh yes, of course! I didn't think of that. Many thanks, John :'
There is also another tab (can't remember which one) but you can modify a search for antision.
Yes, I did a search for MC or IC ruler conj ant POF and got several examples but the orbs were too wide in all of them.
I have a wide orb for conjunctions but I'm sure I will work out how to make it tighter-to narrow down the charts.
I think the way to do it is to find an alternative aspect set or edit an existing one and fix the orbs to be one or two degrees or whatever. I haven't actually tried that yet, but I will experiment with it at some point.

Edit: I've found an aspect set called Orb01. All the orbs are set at 1 deg applying and 1 deg separating.