Again I am having difficulty with this afternoon's games. They could both go any which way according to my reckoning :-? I still check radicality in the charts but it isn't always a reliable indicator although as we know, nothing is 100% reliable. For example, the Everton/L'pool chart wasn't radical, yet the faves won. Both of today's charts are radical....

Everton/Liverpool 0-2
The game was played on the Day of Saturn and the Hour of Mercury. The ascendant is 1SG46. The chart is not radical. I agree, this chart should be treated on equal terms as Arsenal - Hull. Even if you say that in the Everton/Liverpool game the Moon applies to the trine of the lord of the asc., Jupiter, then the same should apply between Arsenal/Hull where the Moon applies to the conjunction of the lord of the asc., Saturn. These games should definately be treated equal.

I was talking to a life-long Liverpool supporter who said that Everton had had the upper hand on their previous meetings, but this would probably not be enough to rob Liverpool of the mark as favourite. In both matches the away-team gets the victory - but that brings me no closer to a clear conclusion...
http://www.astronor.com

Well done Hull City, brilliant result :'
between Arsenal/Hull where the Moon applies to the conjunction of the lord of the asc., Saturn. These games should definately be treated equal.
No, the Moon was separting from Saturn by 25". I'm not sure what Andrew means by treating the 2 games equal...
I still check radicality in the charts but it isn't always a reliable indicator although as we know, nothing is 100% reliable. For example, the Everton/L'pool chart wasn't radical, yet the faves won.
I agree that it's not always reliable but in the Everton/Liverpool, the chart being not radical was the main reason for me that the DC team(Liverpool) won.
Last edited by Gem on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re this afternoon's games, one of the features is that the Moon's impending partile square with Pluto. This aspect may be pertinent for both of them as in Wigan/Man City, the Moon is the L7. And in Portsmouth/Spurs too because Pluto is in the 1st house and this aspect is usually damaging for faves(remember last week in the Chelsea/ManU, the Moon was squaring Pluto in the 1st house). Spurs' sig is only a little over 6 degs away from the MC. The further away from the cusp, they have a better chance to win. So if they kick off even a little bit late, the chance of drawing the game will increase.

Thanks for your thoughts on today's games, Gem. I'd certainly noted down the Moon square Pluto because it's stopped the faves winning in the past. Other testimonies have to be considered of course and there are some other minor testimonies in both charts.

Actually it was Moon square Uranus in the Chelsea/ManU chart, but we did have a Moon square Pluto the previous weekend, Spurs/Villa, when the faves lost. In that example though, the aspect was partile, plus there were no other testimonies in the chart.

Although I could make a case for any result in Portsmouth/Spurs game, I finally decided on a draw.

Portsmouth 2-0 Spurs

Oh dear, another prediction wrong :( Chart was radical, as I said earlier, so there you go, Andrew - the faves won :) Moon/Pluto apparently had no effect. Let's see what happens in the next game.

Although I could make a case for any result in Portsmouth/Spurs game, I finally decided on a draw.

Me too - I couldn't see any overwhelming testimony for either side - probably didn't look hard enough.......

The testimony I had for Portsmouth was Moon partile trine antiscion POF, but I thought this would be cancelled out by Moon square Pluto. If I'm going to learn anything from this it's that (1) partile aspects work best and (2) trines are more effective than squares.
Last edited by Ficina on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crisis continues at White Hart Lane. Even Pluto couldn't help Spurs whereas it worked for Wigan (Wigan beat Man City by 2-1).
Ficina wrote:Actually it was Moon square Uranus in the Chelsea/ManU chart, but we did have a Moon square Pluto the previous weekend
Oops! You're right, Ficina, it was the LOH square Pluto that I had in mind.

Once again personal preferene biased my reading of Portsmouth/Spurs and I 'conveniently' ignored that it was radical.

Andrew
I don't know what you mean by 'qualitative' but neither chart was radical and the DC team won in both cases.

Gem wrote:Andrew
I don't know what you mean by 'qualitative' but neither chart was radical and the DC team won in both cases.
By 'qualitative' I was looking for a complete run-through on the composition of these matches. Arsenal at home meeting the newcomers, Hull? Are Hull underdogs, or are they winners (ie. of a lower league). Is it possible to claim a favourite when Everton at home are up against Liverpool? But surely Hull beating Arsenal is more sensational than Liverpool beating Everton. But prehaps the no-radical condition favours the underdog, or the unlikely, or the away team - as you say.

If the lack of radicality caused you to go with Liverpool, due to the fact that they were playing away in a tight match, I must still say that I am very impressed with your judgement! That is what we are looking for - the ability to add up the odds in the correct fashion! :'
http://www.astronor.com

Even Pluto couldn't help Spurs whereas it worked for Wigan (Wigan beat Man City by 2-1).
Yes, Moon/Pluto aspect was closer. Also Saturn (L1) partile trine Asc for Wigan. I found quite a few past examples of that particular testimony working.
neither chart was radical and the DC team won in both cases.
Whereas today both charts were radical and the Asc teams won! Spot on, Gem :' At this rate, I'm going to have to revise the way I look at radicality....