Another interesting fact re: the horary posted above: I just took a look at McCain's chart from http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/McCainJohn.htm
and see that he has Libra (Venus) rising. I knew he was a Virgo. But interesting that in the horary, the opponent to Obama was Venus sitting with Mercury. Another confirmation of the correct turning of the chart.

RC

RC wrote:
They were using day light savings time weren't they?
Actually not, according to Winstar's Atlas and also Doris Chase Doane's "Time Changes in the USA" which states that Hawaii did not observe Daylight Savings Time from 1946-1979.

So 7:24 pm gives him 18 Aquarius rising.

Tara

Tara wrote:RC wrote:
They were using day light savings time weren't they?
Actually not, according to Winstar's Atlas and also Doris Chase Doane's "Time Changes in the USA" which states that Hawaii did not observe Daylight Savings Time from 1946-1979.

So 7:24 pm gives him 18 Aquarius rising.

Tara
Thanks Tara. I knew the chart looked better than I remembered from before. I should have trusted the software to know what it was doing.

I edited the bi wheel up above. This chart isn't as favorable as the other. This now puts the sun in his 6th house rather than angular and Jupiter is no longer near his Ascendant.

RC

Goca wrote:
Here's a look at Obama's natal in a biwheel to see the transits on day of election.
With so tight Transit South Node conjunction with natal Su I doubt he will win.
Yes, not a good sign there.

Also, if you look across the chart from 7 to 1st, his natal Mars (which rules his MC) is between transiting Saturn and Uranus. Saturn conjuncts it, Uranus opposes it from his 1st And transiting Neptune is opposing natal Uranus (his co ruler of ASC) also from his 1st .

Now there must be some good indicators here... ?

Interesting that he accepted the nomination as North Node was right on his ASC in 18'.

RC
Last edited by RC on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RC wrote:
Now there must be some good indicators here... ?
Sigh. :( Yes, it's like looking for a golden needle in a bad news haystack.

McCain's prospects are decidedly better. On election day transiting moon is conjunct his moon which is currently receiving trine of his progressed midheaven ...

McCain's health however looks very dodgy with T. Saturn in 12 opp. Saturn in 6th and conjunct Venus, L8, from fall '08 to fall'09. Looks like if he wins, it'll be too much for him and our American friends will wind up with that wingnut from Alaska for President.

Sigh.
:(
Tara

Tara wrote: .... and our American friends will wind up with that wingnut from Alaska for President.
:lol: LOL

So you're not American? Yet you're caught up in the passion of the race as well. Interesting!

RC

The nodes to ASC are significant in both charts for the winner of the nomination. Obama's ASC conjucted the north node, where as McCain's ASC trined it.

RC

Tara:
Looks like if he wins, it'll be too much for him and our American friends will wind up with that wingnut from Alaska for President.
Wingnut?? Her values are what this country was built on. I have no problem with people challenging these values but to paint her as a nut is misplaced, imo.

kali wrote:Tara:
Looks like if he wins, it'll be too much for him and our American friends will wind up with that wingnut from Alaska for President.
Wingnut?? Her values are what this country was built on. I have no problem with people challenging these values but to paint her as a nut is misplaced, imo.
This is why I haven't stated who I'm rootin' for. You're going to have passionate views on both sides and it gets off the topic of astrology and trying to objectively analyze the chart.

Its not easy, I agree. :wink:

RC

This is why I haven't stated who I'm rootin' for. You're going to have passionate views on both sides and it gets off the topic of astrology and trying to objectively analyze the chart.
Ok I accept this is another digression...... :D

I do not agree McCain has made a mistake here. In fact I think having Sarah Palin as his running mate is a very astute move politically.

McCain has to achieve four major objectives to win in November:

1 He needs to persuade swing voters that he's willing to take on the Republican establishment.

2 He needs to persuade conservatives that he isn't too liberal on social issues

3 He needs to appeal to more female voters.

4 He needs a ticket that doesn't look too old and stuck in the past.

Sarah Palin seems ideal to fulfill 1-4. She may not attract die hard Hilary Clinton supporters but they were never the female demographic the Republicans were trying to attract anyway.

If I was a Republican my only anxiety would be a Vice-Presidential debate between her and Joe Biden that gets into Foreign policy issues. :)
Last edited by Mark on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RC wrote:
kali wrote:Tara:

Its not easy, I agree. :wink:

RC
Passionate views are fine. Resorting to name calling and insults is not, imo.

I've said my peace. Only astrology now.