This is a video with Courtney Roberts, MA, an astrologer who posted her video in Feburary predicting that Obama will not win elections

her reasons were

1. a lot of squares on election day
2. Moon's south node will conjunct Obama's Sun in Leo
here she specifically says that she has not seen anyone winning a sport contest as this is her specialty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CzFw3v1 ... re=related

Cheers
CD

I guess dear Courtney was wrong. Poor thing. 8) I think the win was pretty straightforward and decisive. No hanging chads here!

GH :'

(and boy am I glad.)

Hi, I never posted anything concerning these elections, but looking at it in retrospect, a simple KISS principle worked: Obama's progessed Moon has just conjuncted his natal ascendant in 2 degrees (which is a very tight orb for a Moon/asc. connection), so what happened: People (the Moon) were with (conjunction) Obama (his ascendant - he himself). That's in very plain terms, but from a psychological point of view, Moon rules the masses, and it's logical that when the Moon (by progression which is the underlying force behind all transits) touches one's ascendant people tend to "gravitate" toward him. This explains the traditional meaning of the pr. Moon increasing one's popularity when she touches one of the chart's angles. On the inauguration date, the Moon will have just crossed his ascendant (and Jupiter will have entered his natal ascending sign) which to me is just a confirmation that his natal data is reliable.
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

The Moon also looks to factor strongly in the victory chart. In the event chart for Chicago at 10:01 CST ? the time and his location for the announcement of his victory ? the transiting Moon at 2 AQU 00 was of angular significance by being currently conj. the Desc. Degree of 3 AQU 26. His natal Moon (for the 7:24 pm birth time) is 3 GEM 21, so the Moon was trine his natal Moon almost to the minute. With his natal Jupiter at 0 AQU 52 and natal Mercury at 2 LEO 20 the transiting Moon on the angle looks to have been pointing to his natal Moon-Mercury-Jupiter configuration.

The Moon again: Am I grabbing at anything here? ... For the New Moon chart of Oct. 28th in Washington, the MC degree is 6 AQU 41 ? pretty close to the postion of the transiting Moon at victory time. Was the lunation telling us that the nation's new President (the MC) would have Aquarius rising? The MC ruler of the Washington lunation chart is Saturn and Saturn's nearest aspect in the lunation chart is an applying sextile to Mars. Mars is Obama's MC ruler. For that matter, the New Moon was in Scorpio and Scorpio is on Obama's MC. And as the lunation chart has Mars closely sextile Saturn, Obama natally has Mars quite closely applying trine Saturn. Obama's natal ASC and MC rulers are in harmonious aspect both natally and in the lunation chart previous to the election. Mars and Saturn also happen to be the two most elevated planets (of the traditional 7) in his natal chart.

Ok, I'll throw in the fact that Obama's MC degree is 28 SCO 54. The Washington New Moon chart's DESC degree is 28 SCO 10. Using the Lunation's Aquarius MC (the leader) as the ASC, that gives a derived MC of 28 Scoripo - Obama's MC. A derived chart with Aquarius rising and Scorpio on the MC, the same as Obama's natal chart (for the 7:24 pm time).

It's so much easier after the fact.

Kirk wrote:
It's so much easier after the fact.
Ain't it the truth. After Obama won :' :D :' I looked at the Saturn Uranus opposition on election day and thought 'of course! change of government'. It seemed so very clear after the fact.

Tara

RC,, using your TURNED chart, with the Leo midheaven(Obama's position), the Sun was rushing to pefection with Saturn: then came Luna and formed a frustation or prohibition which Lilly said Can or May deny the promise of the aspect formed that would otherwise perfect.

But maybe it was the Moon being the first aspect to connect with the Sun?

Anyhow, it's the art reading these horarys! :brows

Clinton Soule

Clinton, Kirk and rest...

As Yuzuru pointed out some time back, because the moon, the electorate was sextiling BO in the horary question (the 1st one) he would win using Frawley's techniques.

So Frawley should get some credit here since his technique worked like a charm.

What I wasn't sure about was whether Frawley turns the chart. Yuzu didn't think so but wasn't sure. However, using the turned chart, it is even clearer as the moon at 00 conjoins the MC at 1 and then sextiles BO. AND he's a LEO! It was a great chart for him.

I still wonder tho why his ruler Mars in the chart is in its detriment and entering the 12th house of sorrow? Could that have been only his grandmother's passing?

RC

Hi RC, I beg your pardon but what Frawley's method do you mean? Your chart is a simple contest chart - and very simple indeed... As Deb has pointed out, "your" Republicans get the 1st house and BO the 7th. His MC is in Leo tightly conjucnt the Leo Moon - thereby making the Moon a 10th house planet. She applies to his ruler Mars by sextile which is a very direct and simple "perfection" - he attains his ambition. While McCain doesn't of course because his 10th house ruler Saturn is not connected to his ruler Venus. That's judging by very old and traditional rules which have nothing to do with JF. Even if the Moon weren't the 10th house planet but just applying to Mars by a harmonious aspect that would show that HE IS what's going to HAPPEN next - as always in horary charts, the Moon's application shows what's going to come next. It wasn't Frawley who's made this up. That's one of the core principles of horary and all traditional astrology.
As for why is Mars in detriment? Take a close look and you'll see that all the planets in the chart are "debilitated" - except Mercury. So, nearly any time you'd cast a chart those days, you just couldn't get a dignified planet to rule anybody. Planets can't jump from one sign into the other with every new chart we do. So... We have to take what's there for us and judge accordingly.
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

Ema wrote:Hi RC, I beg your pardon but what Frawley's method do you mean? Your chart is a simple contest chart - and very simple indeed... As Deb has pointed out, "your" Republicans get the 1st house and BO the 7th. His MC is in Leo tightly conjucnt the Leo Moon - thereby making the Moon a 10th house planet. She applies to his ruler Mars by sextile which is a very direct and simple "perfection" - he attains his ambition. While McCain doesn't of course because his 10th house ruler Saturn is not connected to his ruler Venus. That's judging by very old and traditional rules which have nothing to do with JF. Even if the Moon weren't the 10th house planet but just applying to Mars by a harmonious aspect that would show that HE IS what's going to HAPPEN next - as always in horary charts, the Moon's application shows what's going to come next. It wasn't Frawley who's made this up. That's one of the core principles of horary and all traditional astrology.
As for why is Mars in detriment? Take a close look and you'll see that all the planets in the chart are "debilitated" - except Mercury. So, nearly any time you'd cast a chart those days, you just couldn't get a dignified planet to rule anybody. Planets can't jump from one sign into the other with every new chart we do. So... We have to take what's there for us and judge accordingly.
Emma,

May I suggest you read Frawley's chapter on political elections before you start an argument regarding his techniques?

RC

Ema wrote:Hi, I never posted anything concerning these elections, but looking at it in retrospect, a simple KISS principle worked: Obama's progessed Moon has just conjuncted his natal ascendant in 2 degrees (which is a very tight orb for a Moon/asc. connection), so what happened: People (the Moon) were with (conjunction) Obama (his ascendant - he himself). That's in very plain terms, but from a psychological point of view, Moon rules the masses, and it's logical that when the Moon (by progression which is the underlying force behind all transits) touches one's ascendant people tend to "gravitate" toward him. This explains the traditional meaning of the pr. Moon increasing one's popularity when she touches one of the chart's angles. On the inauguration date, the Moon will have just crossed his ascendant (and Jupiter will have entered his natal ascending sign) which to me is just a confirmation that his natal data is reliable.
Ema

shall we look at Obama's chart and see if there is impeachment?
After all, he is hiding his birth certificate..
something is def shady!

CD