What I've seen people doing is to take the time voting starts on election day. I did a little research and found voting begins at midnight November 4, 2008, with the opening of the voting booths at a little place called Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.
I heard the other night that 30 states (if I heard correctly) now allow early voting, and that about 1/3 of the votes will or could potentially be early. I was banging pots around in the kitchen so I may have some wrong numbers. Voting in Oregon is by mail. I received my ballot nearly 2 weeks ago and could have mailed it that day.

It is the day of culmination. Voting, counting and declaring the winner. We prepare for other celebrations well in advance of an event. What would you suggest for choosing a time?

It is the day of culmination. Voting, counting and declaring the winner. We prepare for other celebrations well in advance of an event.
And again:
What I've seen people doing is to take the time voting starts on election day.
It doesn't make much sense to draw up a chart for the earliest polling location in New Hampshire when most people in Oregon have already voted! (There are still election day voters here. They have to hand deliver the ballot to the local elections office rather than mail it.) With all the early voting I don't think that little place in New Hampshire gets to be so special anymore. Doing a chart for the beginning of election day is now very much a chart for midstream in the process. And anyway, I think we fall into a trap of wanting 1 chart for 1 time to make things easy for us.

Election day transits are probably somewhat indicative in that many people are casting their ballots and late in the day there will probably be a declared winner. But I would start with a look at the Aries solar ingress chart for Washington 2008, then the Libra solar ingress (no matter if the Aries chart ASC is Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable), and the New Moon chart prior to election day. Then look to see what's going on with transits during election day. That way you get a feel of the ongoing transits and the trends they indicate. But to be honest ? this is theory and not backed with personal experience. :)

On another matter: Around 3 months ago Raymond Merriman in his weekly Market Watch gave very good reasons for associating Jupiter with the Republicans and Democrats with Saturn. It was a real eye-opener and impressively convincing.

When I saw that Gunhilde, in response to this:
For one thing, that MC about to change signs looks like a new party coming into power
had written:
And Gunhilde will laugh, laugh, laugh in pleasure and joy.
I breathed a sigh of relief. The proliferation of Republicans on this thread was starting to spook and amaze me, given that, for one thing, the McCain-Palin camp would no doubt classify astrology as the work of the devil. Not exactly rooting for the team that's on your side as astrologers.

From here in Canada seeing the concept of "spreading the wealth" branded a bad thing is bizarre, especially from people who pride themselves on being Christian. Spreading the wealth was, after all, one of the main tenets of the New Testament as I recall from my long ago Sunday School days.

Sorry for the lack of astrological content. Here's some: has anyone else noticed that the election starts on a voc moon?

Tara

From here in Canada seeing the concept of "spreading the wealth" branded a bad thing is bizarre, especially from people who pride themselves on being Christian. Let's not assume that spreading the wealth simply involves taking it away from some and giving it to others.
You also spread the wealth by creating better opportunities for the ones at the bottom. That's a more productive and forward-looking creation of wealth rather than a get-your-hands-on-the-money forced redistribution. Let's not forget there is also a poverty mentality and a lot of those who try to climb out of poverty are treated with resentment by family and friends.

... has anyone else noticed that the election starts on a voc moon?
As I pointed out earlier the election is already on. Most people in Oregon have probably already voted and mailed their ballots in order for them to be delivered by the Nov. 4, 8:00pm deadline. Many others in states with early voting have already voted. It has been discussed in the media how those turnouts have been very heavy.

Tara wrote: I breathed a sigh of relief. The proliferation of Republicans on this thread was starting to spook and amaze me, given that, for one thing, the McCain-Palin camp would no doubt classify astrology as the work of the devil. Not exactly rooting for the team that's on your side as astrologers.

Tara
I don't have a clue how McCain-Palin would classify astrologers. And, where have Democrats come out for astrology?

Kirk,
And anyway, I think we fall into a trap of wanting 1 chart for 1 time to make things easy for us.
Election day transits are probably somewhat indicative in that many people are casting their ballots and late in the day there will probably be a declared winner. But I would start with a look at the Aries solar ingress chart for Washington 2008, then the Libra solar ingress (no matter if the Aries chart ASC is Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable), and the New Moon chart prior to election day. Then look to see what's going on with transits during election day. That way you get a feel of the ongoing transits and the trends they indicate. But to be honest ? this is theory and not backed with personal experience. :)
On the other hand the proliferation of choices can be mindboggling. :)
On another matter: Around 3 months ago Raymond Merriman in his weekly Market Watch gave very good reasons for associating Jupiter with the Republicans and Democrats with Saturn. It was a real eye-opener and impressively convincing.
When I think of a keyword for Saturn (teach) and how our educators are predominately Democratic, I believe Merriman has something there.

I am trying to be liberal as the election comes to a head, but please, keep the political comments out of the forum and focus on the astrology.
i will post some of her occult influnces on her thread in mundane.
Again, please don't. We have a specific focus in this forum and it is astrology. Just lately it has seemed hard enough to find the astrology within the 'astrology discussion', so we certainly don't need discussion on 'occult influences' on political figures.

kali wrote:It is the day of culmination. Voting, counting and declaring the winner. We prepare for other celebrations well in advance of an event. What would you suggest for choosing a time?
Has anyone tried analysing the chart for the inauguration? I think that should show it as well as anything.

Malcolm

I?ve placed the data and the chart in a thread in the mundane section that is collecting Obama data. If anyone wants to start a thread on that, they should do it in the mundane section rather than the horary section. http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3926

(Writing this on ?Bonfire night? it seems a little ironic to me that the day we hear of your new president is the day that we will be letting off the fireworks to celebrate Guy Fawkes?s attempts to blow up our parliament. At least I think that?s what we?re celebrating ? that he was a tryer, right ?)