Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will Barack Obama win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kali wrote:
RC:
Frawley said you have to be careful when the Moon is going into the 4th house it could literally mean the guy lost and is going home! Thumbs up

Oh yes! I remember reading that. LOL

So you think maybe BO is going back to Chicago?

I just heard today that he said if he doesn't win, he'll be back to try again in 2012. I'm surprised to hear him even entertain that thought. Michelle said way back before the primaries that America would only get one chance at an Obama presidency and that if they lost they would never run again. So this is a 180 turn to say this. Guess we shouldn't be surprised though. They did a 180 on campaign financing too and half dozen other positions.

RC
RC

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kali wrote:
kali wrote:
RC: I'm not sure why Doris Chase Doane's book 'Contest Charts' where she recommends each person having their own 10th is not a factor

Found the answer to my question. From Frawley on houses, he says "turning implies some kind of 'belonging to'. If the object does not, in a real sense, belong to the person, avoid turning the chart. The bigger the thing, the more likely we are to look to the radical, not the turned, chart."

Thanks for clarifying that Kali!

I've got to finish that book sometime!

RC
kali

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This horary has become very personal to me because it been like watching a story unfold.

Moon sextile Mercury, March 12, 2007 my friend and I were talking politics and decided to ask if the Repubs would win in 2008. With Mars 7th house ruler in 10th in accidental dignity and Venus 1st house ruler in 12th, also in accidental dignity, and Moon conj. Pluto, I called it a Democrat win. This was when all the players were aboard.

Then it came down to Hillary and Barack. Looking at this chart I called Barack as Mars in Aquarius reminded me of him more than Hillary. Obama took the nomination.

But hoping dearly to pull a Republican win out of the chart, I looked further. Capricorn on 10th, ruler Saturn is also ruler and in triplicity with Mars in Aquarius. This reception and a trine from Jupiter in Sag. abates much mischief that Saturn could do. Obama supporters have to admit he's gotten a pass on issues that would badly hurt another candidate.

With Saturn in 4th and Moon ruler of 4th conj Pluto (exposing what has been developed undercover) and moving into 9th we have the mortgage crisis that has not only effected the US but countries all over the world. With Moon moving into it's detriment, there is much doom and gloom.

Jupiter in Sag in 8th trining Saturn I beleive shows the bailout and in recent news can describe the huge, unprecidented financial support Obama has received. Also it was a boost for Obama in the polls as McCain was gaining significant ground.

A strong aspect that may prove troublesome for Obama is his Mars square Asc./Desc. (Suffer a professional loss) Mars in 10th just shows his desire for the job and Mar's aspect to Saturn is wide. That t-square may be telling the story.

With Repub. ruler Venus in cadent 12th is in accedental dignity here. Venus rules 6th showing a military service. Venus is in fall with Saturn ruler of 10th and in detriment in Aries. I can't see a win for McCain except that the 10th house keeps Saturn as it's ruler even though it changes signs (Capricorn to Aquarius)

It's been fun and can't wait til Nov. 4 Thumbs up
RC

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kali:

Yes, we will know soon!

I find these horaries a bit frustrating tho I think more of mine show a McCain win, I am relying on the Natal charts for both men.

Using the 9 AM birth time chart for McCain, I think McCain will pull it off and win. And I think I was being pretty objective in reading their charts. But there are now 3 birth times for him.

I think you and I are probably the only two here rootin for a McCain/Palin win (& maybe Tom?) and I've voted Democrat since Clinton. But BO is far too liberal for even this blue dog, Dem. So we'll see on Tuesday, (or probably later.)

RC
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC

you forgot me!

i am for McCain myself
i am terrified of Obama

CD
kali

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RC:
Another astrologer cleverly took the birthdates of Shawn Hannity and Chris Matthews too see if their charts reflected an outcome. Hannity's showed more satisfaction. Same with the nominee's advisor's charts. Smile

I'm looking forward to the discussion as to why the charts worked or did not work after the election.
kali

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about timing I'm hoping someone can help with. Because we know the election is 18 months from when question was asked, this chart should reflect this time. But the Midheaven changing signs is the only aspect that comes close. Mars is making a square to Asc but that's in three years. My reading shows planets making aspects to other planets as timers. Any thoughts?

[img]
[/img]
RC

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdolphin wrote:
RC

you forgot me!

i am for McCain myself
i am terrified of Obama

CD

Oh, sorry!

Very Happy

RC
RC

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kali:

I only looked at your chart a little and won't try to answer that here, but that particular chart did not look promising imo. Maybe it should be read differently than the way we read the other charts.

For one thing, that MC about to change signs looks like a new party coming into power.

RC
Gunhilde

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For one thing, that MC about to change signs looks like a new party coming into power

And Gunhilde will laugh, laugh, laugh in pleasure and joy. Thumbs up
granny_skot

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question :

If you know the actual end time of a race, in this case polls close at 8 pm in Hawaii, which is the last of the voting, can't you do an electional? 1st house incumbant party, second challenger? just treat it like an event? or no? and if not, what are the issues?

asking because I'm curious I suspect it hasn't worked well in past but would like to know what reasoning is?

Granny
kali

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC wrote:
Hey Kali:

I only looked at your chart a little and won't try to answer that here, but that particular chart did not look promising imo. Maybe it should be read differently than the way we read the other charts.

For one thing, that MC about to change signs looks like a new party coming into power.

RC

The question was "Will Republican's win?" Republican's are conservatives. Saturn is a conservative sign and it's staying in power even though the sign changes. (Different person? McCain!) Maybe it's as simple as that! If McCain wins, this chart shows it and it will be up to me to find where I went wrong in predicting Obama.
kali

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought twice and decided to undo what I said.

Last edited by kali on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
kali

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

granny_skot wrote:
Question :

If you know the actual end time of a race, in this case polls close at 8 pm in Hawaii, which is the last of the voting, can't you do an electional? 1st house incumbant party, second challenger? just treat it like an event? or no? and if not, what are the issues?

asking because I'm curious I suspect it hasn't worked well in past but would like to know what reasoning is?

Granny

What I've seen people doing is to take the time voting starts on election day. I did a little research and found voting begins at midnight November 4, 2008, with the opening of the voting booths at a little place called Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. The challenger is shown by the Ascendant and the defender by the descendant.

The time voting ends can vary due to large turnout having to keep polls open longer and time zone issues.

I read that using electional chart brings a 2/3 accuracy reading.
Examining the prior lunation gives 70% accuracy.
The Sunrise chart for election day gives 68% accuracy.

Here is a link for further info.
http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology/2008/11/election-2008---the-dixville-notch-chart.html

Inspiring question Granny, thanks.
RC

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kali wrote:

The question was "Will Republican's win?" Republican's are conservatives. Saturn is a conservative sign and it's staying in power even though the sign changes. (Different person? McCain!) Maybe it's as simple as that! If McCain wins, this chart shows it and it will be up to me to find where I went wrong in predicting Obama.

Well, that makes sense to me. Of course BO has Aquarius rising...?? And that would be a "change" and Uranus brings change and shakes things up.

But I'm going to stick with the natal charts and take hope from those. Thumbs up

RC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: