Uranus etc

I don't know about the event charts but if you're using the sports horaries, in my experience you should at least consider Uranus as the ruler of Aquarius.

As a matter of fact, I am using Uranus as the one and only ruler of Aquarius myself. I've done a lot of charts and it has never failed me.

However, I am using Mars (not Pluto) as the traditional ruler of Scorpio. Of course, I am not the Master Astrologer and I might be wrong but it has proved many times over (in fact, every single time) that Uranus doesn't want to be ignored.

I am writing this because I had a hard time making sense of the charts with Aquarius on the Ascendant or on the cusp of the house in question. So maybe someone will find it helpful.
Last edited by Seiko on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you're using the 'Will I profit?' horaries, in my experience it works both ways. What I'm saying is if the querent (L1) is for example in opposition to L8 (the bookie's money) which means you will not make a profit betting on your team - you can bet on the other team/player. Which completely makes sense. At least to me. Well, of course, you have to consider things etc but it works.

Secondly, take a look at the bookie. The bookie is not so ambiguous as it is considered to be. If the bookie (L7) is in a good aspect to your money (L2) your chances of losing the money to your bookie increases dramatically even if there are very strong testimonies of profit. But - again - the question of profit is hypothetical as JF stated - so it works both ways as I said before. If the chart is empty except for L7 being in good aspect with L2 which means the bookie will take your money - bet the other team to win.

If the bookie (L7) is in bad aspect with L2, it is good news among other things for the straight bet.

Thirdly, consider the fifth house. I know that JF said to ignore it because it's all about money (8th) not wagers (5th) but if the 5th house is afflicted in any way, it can be disappointing.

GL

Hi Seiko

I just want to state that I don't associate this astrological probing of sport with horary astrology. As far as I'm concerned, I'm merely speculating upon the impact of mundane, event-oriented techniques on collective expectations and sporting events. In my experience horary astrology is reliable - and is only reliable - when there is a question that demonstrates a genuine, personal call for cosmic guidance. There have been a few times in the past when I've been asked to judge sport and politics by horary, and the person who asked seemed to think it was an important question. I'm not sure if I've been lucky, or there was something special about the enquirer?s concern, because on those occasions I gave confident answers that turned out to be correct. But I don't think that sport and horary are natural bedfellows. Most of our sporting interests are too transient or superficial to be accepted as genuine horaries. Then again, I'm not betting on the results. As a Taurean I agree, it might be different if I were! :)

Also, thank you for your opinion on the outer-planet rulerships. I accept that Uranus is a very significant planet, and I've never been able to ignore its influence when it is prominently placed, but I don't agree that it 'rules' Aquarius, certainly not exclusively. I think you would have to talk for longer than my lifetime before I?d consider the idea that any planetary dignity was essential to the successful judgement of these kinds of charts, but that is my opinion. It is always good to hear about other people?s experiences, so thanks for sharing yours. I hope you decide to contribute to the predictions in the ongoing Premier League thread.

Deb

Thank you for your insight.

The horaries are very accurate if the question is important to the querent. It does not mean it has to be a matter of life and death, of course. If you're a fan the question 'Will England beat Germany?' is important to you and the horary will very likely produce good results. If you will keep asking will-they-win about teams you don't really care about, the results will be disappointing.

Uranus as the ruler of Aquarius has provided consistent results for me. As long as it does I am not concerned if it's legitimate.

I always applied the outer planets as co-rulers only. Maybe if one of the teams were signified by Aquarius and Uranus was strikingly disposed in the chart, i.e sitting on an angle, I would pick it out. If not I would be looking t'ward Saturn.

Some people are particulary enlightened and anyone who can make out Uranus in the Sky either with the naked eye or by reason, is worth taking note of. Seiko, you're special - and I'll be looking for great things from your quarters! 8)
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Seiko (Andrew)

I also believe that horaries are most reliable when they involve the threesome of querent, chart and ? independent but informed ? astrologer. I agree that questions don?t have to be life or death to be radical ? and usually that word says more about having a clear focus about what is being asked. (Often the test is ? would you see this as something worth booking an astrological consultation for?)
If you're a fan the question 'Will England beat Germany?' is important to you and the horary will very likely produce good results.
True. On the other hand, if there?s no astrologer with an impartial mind-filter to run the symbolism through, really caring whether one team wins the other can also lead to biased expectations in the judgement. I suppose the trick is to really care - but not that much :)

Regards
Deb

I'm happy with Saturn ruling Aquarius and regarding the outer planets as similar to fixed stars when reading a chart. I don't see any neccessity/need/point in giving them rulership, not even co-rulership. Modern astrologers so eager to give the outers, asteroids and any old pieces of rock floating in the air rulership.

I agree with Deb regarding using Horary for sport predictions. I've never done it becuase I believe you'll have to be emotionally/physically involved or motivated. This is only my personal opinion and not a criticism against people who use horaries for sporting events but I'm even sceptical of horaries done by fans asking whether their team will win.
Last edited by Gem on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I got interrupted there earlier and to finish off what I wanted to say, ....
Do they have any specific needs to know the result in advance? They'll know it soon enough anyway, say 15:00pm on the day. If their team lose, they'll be gutted of course but hardly will their life circumstances get affected.

I believe that if you observe someone giving a sincere opinion and expressing confidence in a matter, this may be take as the moment of a horary - to see whether the person is on the right track and whether his judgement may live up to expectations.

I think that the exploration of oute planets, asteroids and the like also expand our understanding of the classical. When looking at something from outside or beyond, it does provide a greater understanding of how to work the firmament from within.
http://www.astronor.com