Barak Obama's VP Pick

About 3:00 AM EDT The Obama campaign announced, via text message, that Barak Obama's running mate would be Joe Biden, US Senator from Delaware. I have an un-sourced birth time. I glanced at it and it might be valid given a major event in his life.

Joe Biden
Nov 20, 1942
8:29 AM
Scranton, PA USA

2 Sagittarius rises.

What I noticed is that the ruler of the 7th is combust in his 12th, and that Saturn is in the 7th and rules the radical 2nd or turned 8th. Similarly Lord 5 is in the radical 12th or the turned 8th. Biden lost his first wife and a daughter in a car accident shortly after he was first elected to the US Senate. This tragedy is consistent with the above positions. This does not guarantee the accuracy of the time.

Biden, like John Edwards, the previous Democrat VP Pick, has a loaded 12th house. Unlike Edwards the ruler of Biden's stellium in Scorpio is in domicile (also in Scorpio).

If anyone locates a source for this time or has a documented source for any time, please let us know.

Tom

An article in the Dec/Jan issue of The Mountain Astrologer gives a birthtime of 8:30 AM, and lists its source as "Marion March quotes Celeste Longacre from [Biden] in Welcome to Planet Earth, 4/1987."

According to the Rodden rating system, this would represent A data, so the 8:29 AM time would seem to be acceptable according to Rodden criteria.

Re: Biden - intial thoughts

RegulusAstrology wrote:Initial look is that Ascendant is actually very late Scorpio.
I do not agree. Even all personal planets are in introverted signs, he looks much more extroverted, friendly and jovial, not taciturn and reticent, but sociable. So the Ascendant must be Sagittarius.

yeah -- and there are neat angular fits between Obama and Bi(nla)den [just being funny] which confirm the times on each of them -- Biden's scorpio stellium at Obama's MC and Obama's Moon at Biden's 7th.

Biden's secondary progressed moon and transiting Saturn are both entering his 10th house in November with the 3 Sag chart. Also progressed MC is 40 minutes from perfecting the conjunction to natal Sun in November.

Tara

Biden Rectification

Have spent a couple of days on Biden after the dust has settled. My rectification is 10:36:06 AM eastern standard, or 11:36:06 AM eastern wartime with an ascendant of 14CP32'11". Compared to the 10:30 eastern war time data which has been going around believe that the birth data reflects some confusion on the time zone and 10:30 eastern standard was mistakenly recorded as 10:30 eastern war time. The balance of the error, 6 min 6 seconds is well within range of error for a rounded birth time to the half hour.

Joe Biden. Promises to Keep. New York: Random House, 2007.

I list this reference first because it quite frankly disturbs me that most astrologers are willing to comment and make predictions on a natal figure without doing some basic level research and testing of the chart. As I write this I am looking up at my bookshelf filled with over 20 volumes of books on Presidential candidates. This business of slapping the upcoming Saturn-Uranus opposition on the MC-IC axis of an unconfirmed chart for Biden and making all kinds of statements is the hokum of modern astrology. My advice is be prepared to do the work or alternatively listen to, study with, and learn from those who are.

To cut to the chase for Hellenistic Astrology ZRS devotees, with Part of Spirit at 3LE39, see that on August 22, 2008 the date Biden was named Obama's VP candidate, he had a level 3 loosening of the bond from Capricorn to Leo, lord Sun/Scorpio in the 11th house of politics (whole sign houses) and in the 10th of the King (quadrant houses).

Will give just a couple of key measurements used for the 14CP32'11" Ascendant.

Death of first wife and daughter on December 18, 1972 was a life changing event.

Starting with the 10:30 AM eastern war time chart, I loaded the quad-wheel for this date, checked direct and converse measurements, and found converse solar arc Uranus 2TA36 nearby the Moon slightly earlier in Taurus. In what I refer to as a shortcut to take before formally entering the three stages of rectification, I test the Moon first to see if I get lucky. Of the three modern planets, Uranus is perhaps the only reliable one to work with in rectification, though as I will show below he is not needed in the end. Turns out that moving the Moon to 2TA36 virtually solves the entire puzzle. For when you do this, and make a few more tweaks, see also that converse solar arc Saturn at 9TA47 hits the IC on the date of the accident and that direct solar arc Uranus at 3CA17 is only one tick short of the Part of Marriage of Men according to Hermes at 3CA18. Saturn falls in the 5th of children by quadrant houses and rules the 2nd (death of wife - 8th from the 7th) under both whole sign and quadrant houses. Uranus also falls right on the 5th cusp by quadrant houses. He loses a child and a wife through an unexpected accident which breaks up his family. And by the way transiting Jupiter was conjunct the Ascendant. Jupiter is the 12th house lord, death of children. If we stick with the solar arc of Saturn to the IC and the transit of Jupiter to the Ascendant, then Uranus is not needed to predict this event. Still it helps in the rectification and gives the event more punch.

People who have followed my work know that by specifying this event by planet, sign, house rulers, and dynamic activity to Parts (or Lots in deference to Chris Brennan) the odds are highly likely that the rectified time is correct. Now do this again for another 5-10 events and call the time locked down.

This post is already too long. But here is one more.

1987 was a monster year. decided to run for President. appointed head of Judiciary committee. oversaw Bork Supreme Court nomination attempt. dropped our of Presidential race because of plagiarism charges. developed an aneurysm which nearly killed him in January 1988.

the key measurement for much of this is the primary direction sequence:

converse MC sextile Mercury September 16 - November 7, 1987.

Bork hearings started on September 15, plagiarism charges from the campaign made on Sept 12, plagiarism charges from law school resurfaced Sept 17, New York Times calls it Biden's 'Waterloo' on Sept 18, withdrew from Presidential race on Sept 23, Senate rejected Bork nomination on Oct 23. The combust Mercury/Scorpio signifies lies, incensed rhetoric, and details like footnotes and references which are overlooked when getting worked up making a speech.

There is much more to the rectification, but this will have to suffice for a public post.

--------------------------------

Now let me put this question to the group because I don't quite know how to handle this one. Jupiter, 12th house lord, separates from the Sun and applies to Mercury. This is a rare type of planetary configuration and would like to see how others would delineate it.

**also posted on MySpace Horoscope Astrology forum
Dr. H.
World Class Research in Medieval Predictive Astrology
www.regulus-astrology.com

Could Hillary Clinton Come Back?

The Daily Mail prints a story speculating in that Clinton will replace Biden as Obama's choice for Vice President.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -mate.html

Mercury is retrograde. What do we make out of it?

I did make make a statement on the Norwegian Radio P4 some 8 years ago where I said I thought it was likely that Hillary Clinton was due to become the first female president of the United States. So I don't mind confessing that I was somewhat suprized when Obama beat Hillary to the final line as the Democrates candidate to the presidential election, AND she disappeared as a liable candidate to the seat of VP.

But things don't always work out as we imagine.

In my opinion both Hillary and Obama were excellent and exciting Democrate candidates, but I will free myself from getting to deep into a discussion on US politics.

I won't speculate on the full consequences of what is going on at the moment, but it could that the final word has yet not been said.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

I notice that the article in the Daily Mail was last updated at 02.28 BST on 26th September. At that time the Moon was 29LE47 and VOC. Judging from that and the fact that Mercury is retrograde - rumours should not be taken to be true.

Casting a chart for London puts Asc 25SG20, MC 29LI54 and Uranus 20PI08 is hanging on the cusp of the 3rd.
http://www.astronor.com