Translation of Light, but Frustration as well??

Hello, everyone! This is my first post on this forum and I hope everybody is doing well. I have been studying Astrology since 2006 and study mostly the Hellenistic technique.

To the question at hand that I've been struggling with for 2 days straight. I can't find the answer for the life of me. I want to give the chart a 'Yes' but another part of me wants to give it a 'No' and that's where I am hoping someone more knowlegeable than I could intervene and possibly help me.

The question was presented as 'Will there ever be a romantic relationship between me and X'

The chart was cast on August 31st, 8:48 PM in Byers, Colorado if anyone would like visual affirmation. But I will explain the placements as well..

The significators are Mars and Venus, they are on the way to perfection in the 7th house. Mars is at 8 degrees Libra, Venus at 1 Degree, Mercury has seperated from Venus and is at 4 Degrees therefore translating the light to Mars. The initial conjunction and translating of light led me to a quick 'Yes' answer.

But then I noticed the Moon. The moon itself is in the 6th house at 25 degrees (Not Void of Course) and is also conjunct Venus (out of sign, though)..Which led me to reaffirming the yes answer. But then it hit me, the Moon will conjunct Venus, then move on to conjunct Mars before the aspect perfects.

I guess my question is can the moon as co-operating significator of the querent cause frustration????

Thanks for any help!

I know Lilly says in CA

"Things are brought to perfection by Translation of Light and Nature, in this manner. When the Significators both of Querent and Quesited are seperated from Conjunction or Sextile or Trine aspect of each other, and some one Planet or other doth seperate himself from one of the Significators, of whom he is received either by House, Triplicity, or Term, and then this Planet doth apply to the other Significator by Conjunction or aspect, before he meeteth, with the Conjunction or aspect of any other Planet, he then translates the force, influence and virtue of the first Significaotr to the other, and then this intervening Planet (or such a man or woman as is signifies by that Planet) shall bring the matter in hand to perfection."

So is that the answer right there? The translation of light occurs before the frustration so the answer to that question would be yes? Would the moon frustration cause there to be some difficulties involved? Haha, wow my mind is running in circles. I am scouring this entire forum to try and look for answers as well.

OK, I took a quick look. No, the Moon is not frustrating. In fact the Moon very rarely frustrates because it is the lightest of all the planets, and the superiors tend to block the inferiors not vice versa (and then only if they are *afflicting* planets and not *assisting* planets). That is why the Moon is so well equipped to translate influences between the planets.

The first good sign here is that the two main significators are within orb and applying to conjunction. I?ll let you judge what it means that the querent?s significator is essentially weak and the quesited?s is essentially strong. Also, they may be ?on the way to perfection in the 7th house? but according to my chart they are both in the 6th (or in Venus?s turned 12th). So they are cadent and in a dark house ? again I?ll let you be the judge of what that means.

The perfection is shown by the applying conjunction. As you say, Mercury translates between the two and shows a more immediate means of connection, so think about who or what Mercury might be signifying. One suggestion is that it rules the radical 3td house, so it might be showing that the relationship develops by emails, calls or texts, which helps to bring the romantic relationship about.

The Moon is not translating between the significators because it is not yet between them. But its next aspect ? already within orb ? is a conjunction with Venus as it crosses into a new sign. Because it is within orb and the next aspect for the Moon, this is another positive indication because if you think about this in terms of the natural symbolism, Moon conjoining Venus is good for relationships; and because the Moon is a co-significator for the querent, and the way events unfold, this is underlining how much the quesited is on the querent?s mind.

Overall the chart is very positive although it has some warnings about the querent being a little too eager for his or her own good, and that there might be some limitations on the relationship.

I have an article about how the Moon translates in horary, which you might find worth reading when you get time:

The Moon as Transmitter of Influences - http://skyscript.co.uk/moon2.html

Wow. That is an intense interpretation. Thank you for that very much. I suppose me using Hellenistic technique would make it the 7th house using whole signs, but I can understand how the 6th house could actually make more sense. I know the story behind the question and I think that the 6th house makes more sense in a way. The quested is apparently is moving 3 hours away from the querent in a couple of months which is what brought the question on. I was very interested in hearing that the last aspect of the moon was its conjunction with Saturn and that most likely occured around Thursday of last week. The two were together that day but the person of whom the question was asked seemed a little moody and left the querent wondering if there was any interest. They also met several months ago, but just recently started conversing through e-mail and text messages. So it also makes sense that it would come about through those means.

Again, astrology confirms itself again.

I'll chalk this up as a 'Yes' but inform the querent to just chill out a little bit and let it happen naturally.

I'm off to read the article on the Moon now.

Glad it was useful. It is best to point out that you are using whole-sign houses when posting; otherwise we tend to assume that Regiomontanus is being used. Here is one of the reasons why I prefer the quadrant systems for horary - these two planets are below the horizon and the 6th house in a quadrant system builds that into its symbolic interpretation. That element of darkness seems to get lost in a whole-sign 7th house. Just something to think about.

Goca wrote:
As you say, Mercury translates between the two and shows

No, it is not!
Ma reach square with Ju s at 12:32degree, while Me is still at 12:09 degree, so this is frustration? Or, is Ju s collect the light from Ve and Ma? I really want to know what is happennig here...

Hmm..good question. I'm confused though because I don't see Mars reaching a partile square with Jupiter BEFORE Mercury or even Venus reaches partile conjunction with Mars. Mercury will transit Mars in a few days, the Venus won't be too far behind. Mars won't reach partile square with Jupiter for atleast two weeks if I understand right. Since the question was posed, Mars has only transited 15 minutes. Mercury has transited over 1 full degree. Venus has also traveled nearly 1 full degree. I could be way off, though.

I agree with Goca here...what about Jupiter? Venus meets Jupiter before reaching Mars, and Jupiter is severely debilitated right now. Isn't that impedition? The order of meeting goes something like: Mercury-Jupiter-Mars/Jupiter-Venus-Jupiter-Venus-Mars. As far as I can tell from the ephemeris on Astrodienst, that is!

:???: GH

Gunhilde wrote:I agree with Goca here...what about Jupiter? Venus meets Jupiter before reaching Mars, and Jupiter is severely debilitated right now. Isn't that impedition? The order of meeting goes something like: Mercury-Jupiter-Mars/Jupiter-Venus-Jupiter-Venus-Mars. As far as I can tell from the ephemeris on Astrodienst, that is!

:???: GH
I guess I don't understand how Venus could meet Jupiter before it meets Mars when Mars is before Jupiter though. So wouldn't Venus reach partile conjunction with Mars before squaring Jupiter? And wouldnt' Mercury reach Mars before the square as well? I guess I'm just slightly confused..