It?s a white Renault.

That?s an old brand indeed (I read it was founded around Christmas 1898 -> so it?s a capricorn -> cusp 3 !).

House 10 usually gives red or white (according to Anthony Louis Book),

Saturn (ruler 3) is ruled by mercury -> mixed, speckled ( showing the rusty spots and dirt), and in Venus term and triplicity, so maybe that also adds to the white basic colour.

Saturn or Virgo also seem to indicate the black-greyish bumper bar.

:'

Interesting! I was going to write "red or white" exactly on account of Saturn being in the 10th (O. Barclay gives the colours in that article too) but then I thought well because it's Saturn that should be something dark... like dark red(another colour associated with the 10th house). but well, yes, it can be a white OLD car, right? It's also interesting that it's an old foreign (renault is french) brand, because Jupiter is involved in that way too (since it's in the 3rd), and it rules foreign places. Good! :lol:
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

It's also interesting that it's an old foreign (renault is french) brand, because Jupiter is involved in that way too (since it's in the 3rd), and it rules foreign places. Good!
I just read about Nikola Stojanovic,

http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/e/index.html - and his way to finetune

horaries. He?s distributing the zodiac signs along the degrees of each sign starting with 1?-2? Aries, next degree taurus and so on, with 9?-10? sagittarius. Saturn (my car) would also be in a sagittarius degree according to his system.

(29? is a leo degree and 0? seems to be a special case....I didnt read his books and I dont know serbian....and know nothing more about it than what I wrote just now. and what can be found on his page...lol....) Maybe you heard about this system in slovenia ?

Anyway there are several system that do a finetuning of the zodiac sign - and according to Duodecima 9? virgo is a sagittarius degree and according to Novenaria this degree is also ruled by Jupiter !!

In my case that?s just playin around-I?ll have to see and check how (and if) these finetunings can be used in horaries....

Hi, you might be interested that I have elaborated on a very ancient technique of Monomoiria - degree rulership, in my essay with which I conlcuded my studies of horary with Olivia Barclay. The essay was published in form of an article a few years ago in the AA Journal. There are very few available ancient sources on the technique (Greek astrologers seem to have used it, among them Vettius Valens for example). The technique is such: the first degree of every sign (0 - 1) is ruled by the planet which rules the whole sign, the rest follow according to the Chaldean order, like, for example, in Virgo, rulership goes as follow: Mercury, Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars etc. According to this technique Saturn is upon its own degree (Saturn) in your case. As I have shown in my essay, it seems that the planet which disposits a certain degree, tells more about the planet placed upon that degree, as well as about the general concern of the horary chart - that is, in horary charts. (The system has other uses in other charts, natal for example). Here, Saturn upon its own degree would accentuate the 3rd house concern since 3rd house has its cusp in Capricorn. It would also accentuate the "oldness" of the car, as well as its "sturdiness" perhaps, since Saturn is not afflicted. Jupiter which co-rules the car is, incidentally, also upon Saturn's degree. I think, however, that Jupiter must co-rule the car simply by its placement in the 3rd and that's what suggests a foreign (Jupiter) brand, whereas Saturn rulership of the degree would suggest that it's an OLD foreign brand. I didn't want to bring in monomoiria sooner because I didn't want to complicate matters. besides, the system has not been sufficiently researched on my part to be able to draw really definite conclusions by its use. It turns out, however, that this is becoming a very creative thread :D

As for that Serbian astrologer's technique, I know of it but don't think much of it. How can degrees be ruled by signs, tell me? All the rulership systems have planets ruling certain portions of the zoidac, not signs. Besides, as far as I remember, he "proves" the validity of the technique so that he takes a natal chart (for example, I think that this is exactly the example he gives on his page) and says this and this person has the 3rd cusp on an Aries degree, so his car is red. I mean, cusps of houses are a very "fleeting" thing, they change so rapidly, and what do we do with the fact that there are so many house systems, and that it's very possible with every birth that the given time of birth is a few minutes off. And what will he say when the guy buys himself a blue car next time... You see what I mean 8)
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

How can degrees be ruled by signs, tell me? All the rulership systems have planets ruling certain portions of the zoidac, not signs
But what about the Duodecimae ? Look f.e. in Robert Zollers Tools and techniques 2, or in Bonatti...2?30 of the sign are ruled by the zodiacal signs beginning from the same sign u are subdividing (aries rules the first 2?30 degrees of aries, then taurus, etc.. Taurus rules the first 2?30 of taurus, then gemini). -> in our example 9? virgo is sagittarius ruled

There is similar technique by german astrologer D?bereiner for subdividing the signs. He uses this mainly for astrocartography and determining good streets or parts of cities to live...He just starts from 0? Aries with aries and goes around the zodiac in the usual order..degreewise..

But I agree that these are dubious techniques, they might work or not. And noone knows how and for what purpose they were used. But I feel they should be used to describe some significators in detail and can be tested thus, like in the car example, i.e. mainly for circus tricks..
:lol:
Hi, you might be interested that I have elaborated on a very ancient technique of Monomoiria - degree rulership, in my essay with which I conlcuded my studies of horary with Olivia Barclay. The essay was published in form of an article a few years ago in the AA Journal.
Oh, You wrote it ? I read and downloaded it somewhere. I guess it?s one of 2 entries that gives google on monomoiria. The other is a table downloadable from project hindsight...

It turns out, however, that this is becoming a very creative thread
I almost forgot about the scotland trip ! :lol:

If you go to the site and on the left u?ll find a red box (the secret....discovered, etc.). There u?ll find an example of his use of signs and degrees. I hope I can quote here from his site:
http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/e/index.html
... At the next moment, the fellow astrologer produced his wife?s birth chart. I only asked him if that chart was precise, and having obtained the affirmative answer and studied it for some ten seconds, I told him the following: ?Your wife called a carpenter to the house and ordered a larger bed to be made. When the carpenter had finished the job, you went to bed and realized that the work was not properly done. One measure was right ? the bed was long enough - but the other one wasn't ? the bed wasn't wide enough, it was still narrow?.

The amazed look on the fellow astrologer?s face told me that this brief analysis was absolutely correct. How had I come to such correct details? Sleeping and everything in connection with it ? a bed, a bedroom - is described in the 12th house of the horoscope. The cusp of the 12th house of my colleague?s wife begins at the 21st degree of Aries, and the ruler of that house, Mars, is at the 6th degree of Virgo.

According to my theory, the 21st degree has the symbolic of Sagittarius (like 9?), and Aries symbolizes to make, to create. So, his wife wanted to make (Aries) a larger (21? ? Sagittarius ? Jupiter ? to enlarge) bed (the 12th house).

As Mars, the ruler of the 12th house, is placed in Virgo (someone who renders services, a worker), she called the carpenter to the house. However, her Mars was in Virgo and, moreover at Virgo degree (6?), and taking into consideration that Virgo symbolizes diminishing, making smaller, one measure of the bed had to be smaller than needed.

Therefore, the cusp of the 12th house (the bed) at the 21st degree (Sagittarius ? larger, longer) tells us that the bed was long enough (enlarged), and Mars in Virgo, at Virgo degree (6?) that it was not wide enough, i.e. it was narrow.

That doesn?t really qualify as a horary as he looks at a birth chart, but it describes his way of interpretation (or his way of promoting his books...) :lol:

Maybe I find something "horarier" there later....

I happen to have an article on whether my banger of a car would make it across the Norwegian mountains and cover a total tour/retour trip of 900km. http://www.astronor.com/horary-car.htm

Fortunately, the Moon was in her own face in Aquarius applying by trine to the Sun, who was again located in his face in the latter end of Gemini. Venus, lady of the hour and ruler of the 3rd, was applying to Mercury, lord of the ascendant in the 10th.

On basis of these testimonies I judged the car to be radical and fit to be driven. :???:

Yes, I had to stop to due the motor running dry and over-heating half way up the mountain. Mars in Virgo in the 1st house. This effected the cooling system, Saturn in Pisces on the 8th, but we made it! :lol:
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew,

Interresting car horary, this !
Yes, I had to stop to due the motor running dry and over-heating half way up the mountain. Mars in Virgo in the 1st house. This effected the cooling system, Saturn in Pisces on the 8th, but we made it! Laughing
I would rather attribute the over-heating to the jupiter opposition to venus (ruler 3). I can?t really follow your reasoning with mars and saturn here, unless you judge your general safety during the trip from house 1 (like in ship travel charts).

BTW. What colour was the car ? Judging from significator being in house 10 as in my chart, it should be white or red....??

leywand