Football Predictions August 2008

Premier League kicks off tomorrow with Arsenal v West Brom at 12.45pm BST, Islington, Asc 6,03 Scorpio.

Arsenal are strong odds-on faves; West Brom are the new boys.
Chart is radical - hour ruler & Asc ruler in same sign.
Moon opp Sun (L10).
Sun conj antiscion POF.
Antiscion Sun conj Desc.

Moon conj IC is a possible testimony for the underdogs but perhaps not much help since it is about to be (partially) eclipsed.

Win for Arsenal.

Hi Ficina

I mentioned this to my husband, who knows as much about astrology as I know about football. He has predicted a definite win for Arsenal, but I can?t help thinking that the Moon?s applying opposition to the Sun in the 10th is a bad sign for the favourites, so I?m thinking that West Brom will do better than most people expect. (Hubbie says that his predicted 2-1 win for Arsenal is very generous to West Brom so he is sticking with that). This is one of the matches where I am going to stick a tentative toe in the water and go for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. Neither significator is particularly dignified, but Venus (who I am giving to West Brom as the away team), is in the 10th and in an applying conjunction with MR with 11th-ruler Mercury, so I think they will be more hopeful and motivated because of this match than Arsenal will be. I am also looking at Mars near the end of its sign in Virgo, square Pluto, and wondering if some verbal dispute will unnerve the Arsenal team.

The interesting thing though, is this eclipse. I?m not sure whether that is another negative testimony for the favourites, or whether ? because it is the Moon that is eclipsed ? it shows the opposition being trashed. So I?m very open to the prospect of being completely wrong, but in that case I would really love to see Arsenal annihilate the opposition.

So there you have my prediction ? either a brilliant win for Arsenal ? or not :)

It looks difficult for Arsenal. Mars is squared by Pluto, as Deb pointed out, and the eclipse across the MC-IC can be damaging to them.
I?m not sure whether that is another negative testimony for the favourites, or whether ? because it is the Moon that is eclipsed ? it shows the opposition being trashed.
I see this is more likely to work against the AC team.
It's hard to imagine Arsenal getting beaten by the newcomers, but with a chart like this, it can happen. A draw can be a more realistic prediction, but then again, I've often seen strong odds on faves like Arsenal winning even with more difficult looking charts
Last edited by Gem on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hello to everyone for the new season. Good luck to one and all with the predictions. I hope we learn something in the process!!

Arsenal to win. Antision L10 conjunct the descendant.
The last game I have with Moon conjunct the IC from the 4th was Man U v liverpool last season, with the favourites winning, although Moon was VoC then.

Bolton - Stoke

ruler of MC is Mercury +6
ruler of IC is Jupiter -1

Uranus conj. IC so this big testimony for Bolton winning

Everton - Blackburn (this match same to..)

ruler of MC is Mercury +6
ruler of IC is Jupiter -1

Uranus conj. IC so this big testimony for Everton winning

1-0 to Arsenal. Their performance was hardly brilliant, but then, neither was my 'stick a little toe in the water' prediction. Not sure yet, what can be learned from this :-?

Yes, Arsenal should have done better but at least they won! Did anybody get the score right? I went for 2-0 unfortunately.

Sunderland v Liverpool
5.30pm BST
Asc 24,13 Sag

All I have to say about this one is that the chart is radical on two counts and Moon is trine POF. I've gone for Liverpool (odds-on faves) to win 1-0. Hopefully they will improve on their midweek performance against Standard Liege.

Just seen your post, Susie. Well done! :D :'

Well done everyone who predicted Arsenal win (including Mr Houlding):)
It was like too much of a wishful thinking on my side to have thought that Arsenal would draw with W Brom at Emirates, let alone beaten by them. Having said that, Arsenal struggled even with W Brom, so if it had been a team above the mid table, it'd have been harder for Arsenal.
SusieN wrote:I'm going for a 2-0 win to Liverpool
Susie, could you share us the reasoning behind your predictions?
Hopefully they will improve on their midweek performance against Standard Liege.
Wasn't it a shocking performance :,
Last edited by Gem on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.