Using 5th house cusp as ascendant in election to gamble.

Hi There,

When deciding on an election to gamble it is suggested to use the natal 5th house cusp on the ascendant of the election chart. In this case the fifth house cusp is 20 Scorpio (Placidius) and therefore Mars and Pluto. This then placed on the election ascendant makes Mars and Pluto as the rulers of the election to gamble. Is this the prefered way to do this?

Can anyone suggest another way to connect the natal chart to the election chart. I would love to hear some thoughts on this.

Thanks

Hi, I don?t see any problems with mars as ruler (forget pluto in general, forget him as ruler of scorpio, and specially forget him in electional work, or you will get crazy with him ). You have only to see if mars is in good cosmic state.

I copied the text below from astroamerica, I think it is from a book called "moments of luck" but I am not sure...

"It goes something like this: In the daily rotation of the earth, every degree of the zodiac passes through every point on the daily chart. Your job is to find when degrees, significant to your chart, are on the daily 2nd, 5th & 8th houses (Koch houses only).

So, for example, what time today will your natal Jupiter be exactly on (or making a hard aspect to) the 5th house cusp? What time today will your ascendant be exactly on today's 5th house cusp? These moments last 2-4 minutes at a time, they can be hard to find. Joyce's technique requires an exact birth time (down to a minute or less), Joyce gives you a short-cut to finding it."

But see that this moments are really moments, 2-5 minutes of luck.

If you want to do an electional, it would be best if you could get more elements than the ASC cusp.

For example, as mars is your 5th natal ruler, see that he is not in libra, wait untill scorpio, like october.

Maybe Sun or moon trining Jupiter natal. Planets trining the 2nd house and part of fortune.

To win big, I think you should see if you have good progressions right now.

Good luck and if you win the jackpot send me 10%
:brows
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

whether one gains inspeculation the 5th cusp is primary and 2-6-11 are suportive. the rule is

if the 5th lord or sub lord is placed in the constellation of occupant or lord of 2 and its sub lord is a strong significator of 6 or 11 then one gains in speculation

or if 5th cusp sub lord may be in any house or sign but it is deposited in the sub of 2 or 6 or 11, one gains in speculation.

if 5th cusp sub lord is linked with 5 and 12 then there will heavy loss.

hs nagi
MAY YOU ALWAYS BE HAPPY-HEALTHY AND WEALTHY

If you can connect the lord of your 5th (tradition ruler) to any any angle, or place in an aspect between the lord of your 5th and the ascendant, then the chart may appear more radical. I made some observations suggesting that the semi-square and sequi-quadrate also may be considered if they are within a tight orb.
http://www.astronor.com

bad aspects to 5th cusp from the lord of 5 or 8 or 12 shows gain in speculation..

5th shows that one will inclined to take risk and speculate. his gain or loss may be shown by a planet with which 5th house is conjoined or by which it is aspected.

hs nagi

One of the troubles with the 5th house is that you to get into debate of house systems.

Just while we're at it: the 5th house is the house of children and play, thus we say gambling, stock and shares. In comparison, the 9th house signifies grandchildren - being the 5th from the 5th, and options or derivates which are a synthetic paper traded on the financial markets - the share of a share.
http://www.astronor.com

5th house has many things in its domain.5th house is for progeny,

5th presides over pleasure, society and social inclination, tastes and fencies, artistic talent, property derived through wife or business partner's luck,, sports ,romance and similar intrests,
it is connected with physical and mental pleasures- games, cinema, opera, dance, drama, banquets, and all sorts of amusement.

it also indicates meritorious deeds one could have done in previous births,

it is also connected with speculative affairs and all matters of enterprize prompted by the desire nature.

all the games of chance like cards, crosswords, puzzle, dice, horse racing, shares, gambling or betting and stock exchange comes under this house.

the natives love affairs, courtship, licentiousness, the legitimate and illegitimate attractions and social intercourse between sexes prior to wedlock and after marriage, kidnap, rape comes under this house.

hs nagi

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:One of the troubles with the 5th house is that you to get into debate of house systems.

Just while we're at it: the 5th house is the house of children and play, thus we say gambling, stock and shares. In comparison, the 9th house signifies grandchildren - being the 5th from the 5th, and options or derivates which are a synthetic paper traded on the financial markets - the share of a share.
This is an intersting discussion about the fifth house and its relation with gambling and share-trading. I have observed that the 5th house is of creativity i.e. to look into a matter with interst. This kind of person always of research nature. So, if 5th house is under malefic effect then the person is of daring nature i.e. he is ready to take the risk like - go for research like PhD, share trading, gambling etc. Now if 5th house lord is related with 9th house lord and 11th house lord, then he may gain from Share trading, gambling etc. If 5th house lord is under the aspect of benefic planets, then it will be difficult to have gain from share trading or gambling like. I have observed that in share trading Luck (9th house) plays importent role.
Here, I suggest you to look for those person's hroscopes who deal in share or gambling etc.
J K Sharma