View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Recent additions:
A Correct Prediction: the NYC buiding strike, 1991
by Robert E. Zoller
Book II of Carmen Astrologicum by Dorotheus
translated by David Pingree
Compiled by Deborah Houlding
Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven, by David W. Pankenier
Reviewed by Gill Zukovskis

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get the job?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanstar

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Will I get the job? Reply with quote

The following chart I drew up asking the question, Will I get the job? Well, I was asked by 6 owners to submit a quote for extensive stone renovations on a building. I will now attempt to post a chart ok?
At the start of the question I had no idea if I would be successful or not.

Here goes.

Stan
johannes susato

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But not arrived yet . . . Confused

Hallo Stanstar ? Very Happy
stanstar

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanstar

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hour of Venus and Cancer rising, so ok to proceed. I am represented by the Moon and the job is Jupiter as Pisces on the 10th cusp. There no aspects between the Moon (me) and Jupiter (the job). The only positive thing I can see is Part of fortune in the 10th. PoF square Moon yuck! The only hope for the job to become mine is PoF in the 10th. I submited my quote about 47 days before I drew the chart. So I waited with baited breath for nearly 7 weeks until I erected this chart.
I would love to hear from you with your interpretation. BTW a whisper......I know now whether I have the job or not. So there must be a solution one way or not.

Stan
Geoffrey

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stanstar

I suspect you may be confusing yourself by the way you worded your question. I assume you already have a job or a business or you would not be able to put in a bid.

Suppose we re-word the question to ask if you will get the contract....

Geoffrey
stanstar

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoffrey, that's what I meant. Will I get the contract/job/work.
Why do you think I am confusing myself? I knew what I meant. That as far as I know is one of the conditions the astrologer has to determine the outcome. I don't think I need to do another chart. If I did do another chart I would know the answer and presumably that new chart should indicate there was tampering as Lilly would describe it.

Stan
johannes susato

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanstar wrote:
Hi Geoffrey, that's what I meant. Will I get the contract/job/work.
Why do you think I am confusing myself? I knew what I meant. That as far as I know is one of the conditions the astrologer has to determine the outcome. I don't think I need to do another chart. If I did do another chart I would know the answer and presumably that new chart should indicate there was tampering as Lilly would describe it.

Stan

But why then did you look for a connection mith Jupiter, Lord 10 and 6, Stanstar ?
This is the sense I understood Geoffrey's question in.

I think we agree now: we look for a connection with Saturn, Lord 7!?

Johannes
stanstar

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johannes, I looked for an aspect between Me = Moon and Jupiter ruler of house 10. The quesitor and the quesited. Do we not agreee that house 10 represents the job/contract/work? Why do you speak of Saturn the ruler of the 7th house? This I don't think has anything to do with the question. I really don't think that house 3 would be the correct house for the contract. I did notice that if by any chance house 3 for signed documents that the Moon is square the ruler of House 3.

Stan
Geoffrey

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stanstar

I read it like this. You are the querent = ascendant and his lord the Moon. The six people who asked you to quote are the 7th. What you asked about was if these six people would agree terms for you to do the work, i.e. give you a contract to do the work. It was not a question about the work itself.

A contract is a legal obligation on you to perform such tasks as are specified in the contract. The contract is a matter concerning the resources of the six people signified in the 7th house and is in their gift to give you as they please, so is the turned 2nd from the 7th or the radical 8th house. Or you could look upon it as a legal document, so 9th house. Or you can look upon it simply as an agreement between you and the six clients as Johannes suggests, so 7th house. Whichever way, Saturn rules the 7th, 8th and the 9th, so I would suggest we look at Saturn as the signifier for the quesited.

Geoffrey
johannes susato

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanstar wrote:
Hi Johannes, I looked for an aspect between Me = Moon and Jupiter ruler of house 10. The quesitor and the quesited. Do we not agreee that house 10 represents the job/contract/work? Why do you speak of Saturn the ruler of the 7th house? This I don't think has anything to do with the question. I really don't think that house 3 would be the correct house for the contract. I did notice that if by any chance house 3 for signed documents that the Moon is square the ruler of House 3.

Stan

In my opinion (and I think this agrees with Geoffrey's, at least partly) you don't look for a profession (house 10), because you have already one: your are employer and/or cratfsman.

Well, you have found 6 parties, you want to work (within your profession)for, if they agree to your conditions. These people are your partners, people whom you want to contract (make the contract) with: house 7.

See Lilly, CA. p. 297:
"The Significations of the seventh
H O U S E .

It signifies Marriage, open Enemies, Law-suits,
controversies, contracts, Warres, Bargaines,
Fugitives, Thefts, &c."

You don't ask: Will a make this work, but rather: will they consent, make a contract with me (about this work).

Johannes
stanstar

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for the clarification. I am now with you. So you think that 7th house ruler Saturn is a better significator than the 10th ruler Jupiter? The collective of six owners would definately be paying me for the work. It would be similar to 6 owners of flats in a stair employing a painter to paint the stair. I honestly never clicked on that possibility. Tongue Out
So now it looks better: we have Moon squaring Saturn after first squaring the Sun. Although this could be frought with difficulties at least there is contact. Better a square than no contact at all. Now the PoF in the 10th brightens the future on the possibility of a deal.

Stan
johannes susato

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contact between you and your partners is made:
1. by the Moon's square with Saturn. As this square is made out of signs of long ascsensions, it works like a trine. Thus it is of no greater importance, that there is no mutual reception, only the Moon - accidentally strong in the seventh (the quesited's house) - being received in Saturn's house/dominile and term.

That at first the Moon perfects a square (valued as a trine, see above) with the Sun, significator of the querent's second is in my opinion not to be seen as a prohibition, because its both significators are the querent's and because some authors see this even as a translation of light thus connecting the fortune of the querent with his partners.

2. by he Conjunction of the Sun, significator of the queren's fortune, with Saturn. But as this is without reception and not in the least dignified, I would warn that there will be difficulties in the business to be feared. Perhaps the price of the work is questioned by the partners or the payment will be with difficulties.

As to the time the contract should be perfected within about three weeks to a month (or a little more) after the question at 21 Oct 2012. But it could be easily up to about six weeks too.

Johannes
stanstar

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Johannes thanks for your explanation about contracts it was very useful. I have been looking at the wrong house for significator for a long number of years. I knew house 3 was documents which most people here say driving licenses too. Isn't a driving license a legal document? Furthermore I thank you for your latest post it was very informed. I must look up the signs of long ascension. Can it be found here in the glossary?
We are not finished here yet as other people might want a bash at it before I divulge the outcome of which I now know.
I will at least wait to see a reply from our friend Geoffrey.

Stan
stanstar

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johannes I couldn't find anything in glossary but googled 'long ascension' and found a link to this same forum where Mark and Deb explained a lot about it. It is an old thread in 2006 I think. Just one thing Johannes, the Moon is squaring from Capricorn which is short ascension to Scorpio which is long. Don't they have to be both in long ascension?

Stan
johannes susato

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan, I think your are right, at least also my understanding is that both Significators should be in Signs of long or short ascensions, not beeing 'mixed' together in long and short asceensions. Thanks for the acvice! Thumbs up Very Happy

Thus the problems I mentioned above as to the Sun's conjunction with Saturn should be with the Moon's sqares too, now, where the significators wants mutual receptions.

Johannes

Last edited by johannes susato on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: