UPDATE:

Above image was a result of no check mark in the box says: "No expiration" -- therefore the chart I posted got expired! See the instructions how to use postimage (page 3).
Make sure the 2nd gray box says: No expiration (very important)
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I tried the chart from Astrodienst again and this time it worked.

(Well a sample chart was removed . . .)

After my first 30 days, I'll be back with the sample chart with step by step instructions.

In the meantime I deleted the live link from one of my earlier replies. I would rather have a chart appearing in the same page.

UPDATE: (edited on June 12, 2017)

(Well a sample chart was removed . . .)

After my first 30 days, I'll be back with the sample chart with step by step instructions.

. . . and I thought "The Administrator" was behind my missing chart -- I was wrong. The chart was gone because after 24 hours, it expired by itself.
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: test Skyscript chart posting

Part of Fortune wrote:I used tinypic.com but it failed. All that showed up was the tinypic logo itself.

Wow, that link works now.
The "tinypic logo" disappeared and replaced with the chart.
(page 2)

OK, that's good but I'm working on "how to" instructions on using Postimage so check back again later, thanks!

UPDATE: No, "tinypic" link not working again. I used "postimage" instead. (see the chart of late Ekaterina Maximova on page 2)
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

How to post the chart

How to post the chart (using Astrodienst)

I?m not a computer person so please note: there might be easier shortcuts that I?m not aware of but this is how I posted the chart of Marcel Proust that you will find at the end of the instructions (I used a PC and IE).

Step One

Go to Astrodienst at: www.astro.com

I typed in the search box: Marcel Proust -- > click/ or enter

(New page appeared) about 43 results came up. The first result says Marcel Proust -- > click.

(New page) a small natal chart on upper right -- > click that image

(New page) large natal chart of Proust -- > use right click on your mouse -- > menu appears -- > click: ?save picture as?

(New page) click and highlight -- > ?desktop?

Next, you?ll see in the bottom page the two boxes as follows:

File name: astro-2atw, etc. . . marcel Proust, etc., etc . . .
Save as type: GIF (*.gif)

In the bottom you?ll see the box saying ?save? -- > click

Step Two

Go to: http://postimage.org/ (Recommended by jventura on Page 2)

Your screen opens the page that says: Post your image here

Go past the 1st gray box that says: Do not resize my image

Make sure the 2nd gray box says: No expiration (very important)

In the bottom box in blue says: ?Choose Image? -- > click

(New page appears) You will see the view of your desktop with folder(s)

Click and highlight selected image (Marcel Proust in this case), after that you?ll see at the bottom:

File name: astro-2atw, etc., marcel proust, etc., etc. gif -- and bottom box says: ?Open? -- > click

(New page showing the process of uploading) When completed, you?ll see in the upper left an image of the chart. Also above that the image says ?Upload completed! ?

There are several (total of 9) gray boxes in the same page.

You?ll see ?Direct Link? at the left side of the 2nd gray box.

Find the tiny blue and white icon at the right side (end of the 2nd gray box area) -- > click the icon.

Some pop up image comes up after you click the icon -- > just exit by clicking ?X? at the top right.

Now the gray area is highlighted and the little icon is also highlighted as well. It says ?copied? but it doesn?t apply to our purpose. So you still need to copy the area by right clicking on the gray highlighted area and choosing ?copy?

You have just copied the URL. So let?s go to Skyscript Forum and post the chart.

Step Three

Go to http://skyscript.co.uk

(You are now at the page where I am . . . a familiar blue box of forum posting).

First disable BBCode in this post (no check mark)

The very top of the page is the subject box

Below that you see 9 little boxes and one of them is a box saying ?Img? (second from the right).

Click once -- >

I have a habit of going through very old posts and I noticed a trend where many charts have expired when older than around 5 years. Does anyone know the best system for longevity in posting charts?