Re: House rulers and their dignities

Hi Clelia!
I would be happier if the conclusions linked the cusp of the MC, its significator or even the Lot of Fortune with Saturn?s bounds than with the Nodes that didn?t have anything to do with carreer and the way a person obtains fame. I don?t know if in Jyotish the Nodes are linked with fame: in Hellenistic astrology they aren?t:-?
The point of the study was to take out charts that share a certain very exceptional feature. It?s not hard to find charts with, say, the MC ruler in a bound of Saturn, and by looking at them we would easily end up with thousands of charts. From that pool it would be easy to pick up charts that suit our theory, whatever that might be.

But if we have about 10 000 charts, like with ADB when you take out all the public figures with a birth time rated B or more, and take several dozens of charts out that all have something quite extraordinary there like majority of the planets somewhere, in the same sign or house, or in bounds ruled by the same planet, and if you then see a pattern there, that?s meaningful. In that way it should be more difficult to fool yourself to see something there that you wanted to see. The more we have something in a horoscope, the more clearly that something should feature in a person?s life (or so I would think).

About shuffling the data: I was wrong in a previous post when I wrote that ADB by default shuffles the dates so that an emphasis in a Sun sign always gets duplicated in the control group. The default settings for creating a control group leave the dates out which is good. Therefore we can in fact safely study the (faster) planets in signs. The sign position of Jupiter and Saturn still get affected, though, because the birth years are taken into consideration.

Sari

The world loves statistics - although within any doctrine the artist has to manage his practice according to the case at hand. I think it is great that someone within astrology will produce the statistics. Statistics shows astrology from a different perspective. How the artist maneuvers within the picture or landscape that the statistics attempts to describe, may be an entirely different matter.

Not all runners follow the same training program or eat the same diet. A doctor does not give all clients of a certain the same treatment.
http://www.astronor.com