McCain's Birth

I really have it in the back of my mind that I'm going to regret this, but I'm putting it here for two reasons:

1) The idiotic lengths some people are willing to go to to obtain power, and this is not limited to one political party of the other.

2) There is an intriguing astrological plot underneath it all.

First this: Some folks are questioning whether or not John McCain is a "natural born citizen" as required by the Constitution in order to be President? We thought this was settled, but apparently it is not. Since this now is going to be an issue for some, let's visit the US Constitution on the matter:

Article II
Section 1 - paragraph 5

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Thats it. The candidate needs to be 35 years old and a natural born citizen. I definitely qualify, so why wouldn't McCain? Well John McCain was born in the Canal Zone in 1936 to an American Naval officer, and his wife, both natural born American citizens.

The Canal Zone at McCain's birth was under exclusive US jurisdiction. Prior to McCain's birth a law was passed making natural born citizens of children born to US citizens, but did not specifically include the Canal Zone. In 1937 a law was passed that extended citizen status to those born in the Canal Zone, but that was 11 months after McCain was born. So the opinion at the link below states McCain is a citizen by virtue of his birth to US parents, but he is not "natural born."

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1157621

The idea of limiting the Presidency to natural born citizens was designed to prevent foreign powers from obtaining access to the US resources and siphoning them off. Considering that in 1789 the amount of resources available for siphoning was unremarkable, this showed tremendous foresight. But now, the clause is being used as a reason to exclude the child of an American Military officer (who would become an Admiral) from being President on a technicality.

If, this becomes an issue, and I doubt it will, we can be sure that the veracity of Obama's birth will have to be validated as well. His situation is even murkier, if it turns out he wasn't born in the US or that he can't prove it, as his father was definitely not a US citizen.

The Astrology

Using Lilly's and Morin's rules for "Magistry," we find that Obama does not have the requisite "royal chart" but McCain does albeit barely (and all this is obviously birth time dependent). However, it seems logical that if there is promise in the chart of "magistry" that it would have to be activated somehow, e.g primary direction, secondary progression, solar return etc. It doesn't seem logical that one could simply "claim" magistry when one wishes regardless of what is going on in the chart. I haven't found much of anything that is activated in McCain's chart that indicates victory. There is one primary direction, Mercury to the MC, but Mercury doesn't rule anything significant; yes it is till the MC however. And Jupiter is on Wega, in the solar return, but that isn't too persuasive either. In any case it is a lot more than Obama has.

So what if this "opinion" holds up? Well neither convention has taken place and someone else could be nominated in both instances. That would validate the charts. Still this is a serious long shot. I find it inconceivable that John McCain would not be eligible because his father was assigned to the Canal Zone at the time of his birth, and Obama would be eligible even though his father never was an American citizen. I do not find it inconceivable that someone would challenge him in court either right before the election or shortly afterwards should he win (if the challenge prevailed the person running for VP would become President, so I doubt any challengers would wait until after the election if they were serious. Do it now and cause the maximum amount of confusion).

It is an interesting conundrum for people who like to play "what if?" It is worth watching.

Tom