Birth order and Astrology

hi
I wonder if our charts reflect our birth order in our families?
It certainly does,in chinese astrology, but I dont know how to check that in Western Astrology.
Im the youngest son, with its typical traits of irresponsability, free spirit, love of travel and risk. That doesnt fit my capricorn Sun at all who looks to me like the typical elder or only son, responsible, perfectionist, bossy.
What about you?

Birth order of children is reflected in the parent's natal chart in Vedic astrology as well. Planets in the fifth house describe the 1st child (or sometimes all children), but they also shed light on the relationship of each parent with the 1st child. Planets in the 7th house describe the relationship with the second child, etc. Both parents may view the child differently (and this may help to explain why some children survive to adulthood, just kidding).

In houses with no planets, the lords are considered important. The lord of the 5th, and houses whose planets are domiciled in the 5th all play a role in parenting style. Barbara Pijan's website has excellent in-depth information on this.

To some extent, I have seen this carry over into modern western astrology. Carol Rushman's Predictive Astrology has some information on this.

In practice, I will mention my own experience with my ex's kids - I have Mercury and Venus in my Vedic 5th house, and had a proud if somewhat distant relationship with his 1st child (she was a little ambivalent about me). I have Mars and Rahu in my 7th House, and his second child drove me crazy. I have Moon and fallen Saturn in my 9th house, and I had a nurturing relationship with a third child who was always "behind" his siblings due to a premature birth.

My ex had Neptune in the 7th house - he didn't see the second child clearly, which helped him slip under dad's radar a bit. He also loved the second one the way only a father could love him. He had Venus in the 11th House, and he loved his fourth child more than anything - this baby died as an infant.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/