Venus lines in relocation charts

Hi folks, I've posted this on another astrology site as well, so hopefully I'll get some discussion going about this, or at least some answers!:)

I have no clue about Astrocartography, so maybe someone here can enlighten me. I have been playing around with the Astrocartography function on Astrodienst, using my natal chart. I discovered something interesting.

Using my plain old natal chart, I've got a Venus DC line running right through the following places in Europe:

Scotland and the north/eastern half of England
Western France
Switzerland
Almost all of Italy down through Sicily and beyond.

When I use a relocated natal chart, it shows up the same way: Venus sitting smack-dab on the DSC in charts for Cambridge or Rome.

I found this rather funny, because I have always found Italians to be very attractive [who doesn't?], as well as men from northern England and Scotland (a lot of northern Brits, like a lot of northern Italians, are dark with blue eyes, my favourite 'type'. Gianluigi Buffon, anyone? Or Gerard Butler?).

The Astrodienst site says that Venus lines bring much pleasure, luxury, etc. and a general enjoyment of life, where I am attracted to people in a 'sensual and erotic way' (this makes me laugh). Apparently it is also supposed to draw wealth to me (?) (this also makes me laugh, because wages in England are so low compared to the cost of living!).

Now, I guess my question is: does the Venus line (or any other line) affect how other people perceive *you*, or is it just how you perceive *them*? In other words, what I really want to know is, when I travel to northern Italy someday, will I have lots of handsome Italian men following me around because they think I'm irresistible, or will it just be me looking around longingly?

Also, I have the Sun line running right through Greece (a country I just love) but nothing running through Spain, where I was thinking about moving to at one point. I assume that Greece, having a Sun line, would be a better place for me? Or should it be Italy?

Correction: I have a Neptune line running through Spain.

Thanks for any pointers, discussion or enlightenment on the subject. I need to plan my early retirement!

Cheers,
GH :)

what I really want to know is, when I travel to northern Italy someday, will I have lots of handsome Italian men following me around because they think I'm irresistible
Wouldn't that be nice? :lol: but seriously, wouldn't that depend on the condition of Venus in your natal chart?? If, for example, you have difficult aspects involving Venus, those difficulties can easily manifest in the locations where Venus gets placed on the angles.
my question is: does the Venus line (or any other line) affect how other people perceive *you*, or is it just how you perceive *them*?
My guess is that as well as what Venus represents generally(love, romance, relationship), the isuues you may have with Venus in your chart will come to surface??

I tried to delete what I've written because I have no first hand experience with Astrocartography but sadly there's no delete button :( (Sorry it's one of my bad habits.... speaking and writing before I think :, )

Sorry it's one of my bad habits.... speaking and writing before I think
That's typical of a Gemini, I think! :lol: No worries, I don't see why you would want to delete it...did you say something offensive?
wouldn't that depend on the condition of Venus in your natal chart?
Well, see, I don't know; that's why I'm asking! I have pretty good Venus aspects, although all of them are wide. My Venus is at 17 deg Sag, my Sun at 26 deg Sag, Moon at 28 deg Aries, Uranus at 8 deg Libra, and Pluto at 27 deg Virgo. So there are aspects; just not very 'acute' ones.

So in the chart for Rome, for example, the DSC is 18 deg Sag, so I have the Sun in the 7th and Venus on the angle. Moon and Saturn are in the 11th, and three planets are in the 5th: Pluto, Uranus, Jupiter, plus POF (good for love affairs of a sudden and passionate nature, I reckon :lol: ). Although I have to add that the probable reason I find Gianluigi Buffon so attractive isn't necessarily because he's a northern Italian, but that his natal Venus sits right on my Ascendant. Match made in heaven, innit.:brows

In Cambridge, on the other hand, the DSC is 16 deg Sadge, and I wind up with the Moon/Saturn in the 12th, and only Pluto/Uranus + POF in the 5th.

I'm really just wondering what all of this means... :???: Does one interpret these things like natal charts?

Cheers,

Hi Gunhilde,

I'm from New York, but have a Venus line around Moscow. My wife, whom I met online, was living in Moscow at the time. I wound up moving to Moscow after we got married, and every single one of my bosses -- all who have had a positive effect on my career --- have been women. And yes, women in general do react quite favorably to me here. Not that I can do anything about it. :lol:

It's not all sunshine and lollipops here, as I have a Saturn line somewhere in the area as well, but that's a different story.

Hope that helps,

I.

Hi Saturnian777,

Yes, this makes sense. Mr. Gunhilde is English; and I have always had better luck (and greater interest) in the romance department with foreigners than with my own native countrymen.

I really enjoy living in England. Many Brits I know think I'm nuts for my love affair with Engerlund, but for me it really is a green and pleasant land, rain and high prices inclusive. I can only suppose then that the other places on my Venus line would work in the same sort of way, e.g. I would find them easy places to live.

Interestingly, my Moon line runs over the place where I was raised (southern New Mexico), and I couldn't *wait* to get out of that place. I'll have to run a chart and see what that means. Any ideas?

I have no knowledge to impart, but looking at my astrocartography chart I notice there is a Venus line running through San Diego and Tijuana and when I lived there I really didn't like it much. Granted I was going to school so that's what I was there for, but as a culture (what culture) and a society it was much too conservative for me. On the other hand I had many affairs which never turned into anything and I met my best friend. (who now lives in London!)