Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Sign over my share to son or hang on?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edith

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Sign over my share to son or hang on? Reply with quote

27 May 08, 11:30 am, Perth, W Australia, ASC 9 Leo, MC 24 Tau.

This lady's ex husband died a year ago overseas of an illness, leaving some land and a modest building. Since they had amicably divorced and all the financial affairs had well and truly been settled and finalised she automatically assumed that the property would eventually go to their son, the only possible heir.

However since there was no actual will the public trustee became involoved and she was informed that by the laws of that country she was entitled to one third of the property.

This has left her in a dilemma. On the one hand she feels that the property belongs to her son morally if not legally, on the other she worries that he may sell up rashly, something she knows was not in the father's spirit.

Her assessment of the son is that he is somewhat immature (interestingly he sort of is her Saturn return baby with his Saturn in 28deg Leo and hers at 15deg)

She will have to make a decision by mid July of whether she wants to sign over her share to her son.

Basically it is a question of law versus ethics. She says that the money would help her finance her retirement and she regards it as a gift that came her way unexpectedly (Jupiter in Sag return, amost to the day) but doesn't feel right about it either.

Questions about what the husband would have wanted and how the son felt about the whole situation yielded no clear answer from her. For the time being I suggested she contact her son and discuss it with him but did not offer any opinion on anything (not my job or right anyway).

There is a host of issues that could arise from a question such as this one, i.e. that an inheritance should be an inheritance and it may not be for anybody to judge how that is spent, or that the legal situation is clear etc. I want to stay away from those issues and deal with the query in an astrological context.

The first thing that struck me about this chart was L 4 Mars tightly on the ASC and I did get a strong sense during the conversation that the querent is far more concerned with the actual property and what's to become of it rather than with the money.

The second thing I saw was the VOC moon in a tight conjunction with Neptune. I know, I know. We're not really supposed to play too much with the outers but my stance is that if there is a strong conjunction to an angle or significator then I will at least put it on the back, if not front burner. Also some will stop dead in the tracks at the mere whiff of a VOC moon.

Again I will take that into consideration and still proceed but already I feel that the question may not go anywhere, possibly she may procrastinate and be totally confused (VOC moon conj. Neptune). Also the fixed ASC indicates a potentially intractable situation.

The property is on the ASC, so is strongly with her. The son is signified by L 5 Jupiter in fall, cadent and retrograde, very descriptive of the situation and her assessment. He may possibly change his mind and be all over the place.

There is no application of the significators nor obviously any translation or collection of light so there may not be much common ground and indeed she tells me she hadn't really discussed the situation with her son.

She, the sun in Gem is in his (Jupiter) detriment so he may resent her or the situation.

L 8 is Jupiter as well, so an indication that he should be the rightful and sole heir?

Really, the chart IMO strongly reflects the moral dilemma. The property is on her ASC but L 8 is also L 5 and may show his ethical right to the property. Am I totally off the track?

Also it had briefly occurred to me to take the son as L 7 but at the moment this is not a legal dispute and even then it would be interesting to see how to pick the correct significator.

Any suggestions as to the possible outcome?
Saturngirl

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Sign over my share to son,or hang on? Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hi!,
This is an interesting horary Smile but quite a dilemma too.
Although the symbolism is very strong with Mars on the Asc.,the Moon is void.
Also,personally,I would avoid Judgement as Saturn is placed in the 1st....signifying disappointments.
Sorry to not be of much help,maybe someone else sees it differently!
Wishes,Saturngirl.

Gunhilde

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, think that with the property sitting right on her angle in a fixed sign, and the VOC moon, the property will stay with her, which may not be such a bad thing. I'd also agree about Saturn in the 1st being some sort of caution. 'Defer judgement until the Heavens are in a better position', according to Lilly.

GH Smile
Saturngirl

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Sign over my share to son... Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hi Gunhilde! Very Happy
Thanks for your reply,I'm fairly new to horary,& do I suppose pay great attention to Lilly's considerations. Although some horaries are still beautifully valid with considerations,I always err on the side of caution ...usually not to judge with a 1st house Saturn placement. Sad
And goes without saying with a void Moon!
Thanks again for the horary!!
Keep them coming!! Very Happy
Wishes,
Saturngirl.

chrysalis

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting horary. I tend to proceed with caution when it comes to "should I" questions from clients. However, this chart does point rather firmly at what she is going to do.

The querant as the Sun in Gemini is under the rulership of Mercury, Lord 2, her finances, which have just turned retrograde. She also receives Jupiter, Lord 5 the son into detriment. This suggests that her concern over her own financial situation, which is backing up, will sway her decision more than anything else. The son doesn't show up too well, as the retrograding Jupiter in his fall, so perhaps her fears about him are justified.

In any event, look where she is heading, straight towards the property. The next aspect made by the Sun is the sextile with Mars, the property, which will perfect at about 15 degrees of their respective signs. This perfecting aspect between her and the property coupled with her reception with the significator of her money as Mercury, and the fixed angles of the chart, all suggest that she decides to keep her share of the property.

Best wishes,
Julie
Edith

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I have been stewing and simmering over this chart and the more I look into it the more I get a feeling of a situation that is not going to change much.

I have been practising astrology for a fair time now but am relatively new to horary. In my limited experience some charts seem to show a lot of potency of action in the future, some throw a great light on the past whereas others are extremely descriptive of the here and now but don't really lead anywhere, and this horary definitely seems to be one of them.

I had not considered Saturn in the 1st although I'm aware of the restriction, but I think Saturn not being in the sign of the ASC would mitigate its injunction of withholding judgement.

I also failed to take into account the dispositor of her (sun) also being L 2 and the sun's next application being to the property. Could we speculate that she will make up her mind in 3 1/2 units - weeks, since the sun is in a mutable sign and both she and the property angular?

This is why it is so good to get different input and I hope to be of use one day to somebody else in a similar situation.

I am particularly interested in the allocation of significators when two parties or situations are the same, as in L 8 (the inheritance) and L 5 (the son).

With both Jupiter (the son) and Mercury (L 2 & dispositor of mum's significator) retrograde I anticipate a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing and many changes of minds without any productive resolution in the near future.

I shall get in touch with the querent in a couple of days and keep you posted on the outcome but that may take a while.
Julie K

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Should She Sign Over Her Share of the Property? Reply with quote

Edith,

I've used Solar V6 and Regiomontanus Houses here. I dont include the ' outers' in the chart unless they are needed.

The Considerations SF offers for the Moon, always of utmost importance in Horay - what the Querent is thinking about are - the Moon is VOC and will change Sign in 5 degrees and 23 mins - so I would not expect this lady to act early but to leave it till the latest possible moment. Saturn, L 2 in 1st and L 7 - would she seek further legal advice? She does not have to but Saturn rules Jupiter L of her 5th.

The Querent is represented by the Sun in 10th Public Image, property belonging to spouse - she has entitlement to the share offered on the property by law. Jupiter in 6th and L 8 and L5, both money houses scores -3 so it is not looking good for the son to get 100%.

The client has legal entitlement to 1/3 share of the property value and it is a very unexpected turn of events for her - this is a windfall situation
for her. With Mars as L 4 and 9, she will take up the offer of 1/3 to fund her retirement and make a new will in favor of her son receiving this portion after she is gone. Her integrity would still stand and the son will get 2/3 - ensuring his full entitlement at a later date. This will preserve some future funds for him. She has to arrive at her own decision and what she is completely comfortable with.

I do hope you wil give us feed back when the situation is resolved.

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: