Any hope for this job horary?

The economy is rotten in the U.S., and I?ve been looking for a permanent position for over a year. Just recently, I started a temp assignment with a major pharmaceutical company, with the promise that the position could become permanent in a couple of months. The job is a secretarial position, and interviews of other candidates besides me will most likely take place. Although I don?t know what the starting salary would be, I would only be prepared to accept an offer comparable for the industry (and I have a very good idea what that is). A secretarial job is beneath my qualifications and background, but this does not particularly bother me at this point. I simply want some job security, decent colleagues, and a chance to save money and start my own astrology consulting business on the side.

Everyone at this assignment seems nice, but some of the young women I will be supporting are real prima donnas. My boss is highly experienced and down-to-earth, but a tad high-strung, which I attribute to the fact that the pharmaceutical industry has been under assault in the United States for years, which many would argue is well-justified. I will have an advantage over other applicants because I am already learning the job responsibilities as a temp. But I don?t get the sense that I have a full vote of confidence from my boss. I did a horary to see if I could get a better sense of whether I would get this job as a permanent position, but I?m having a hard time interpreting it.

May 31, 2008
4:17:58 pm, Washington, DC

Ascendant 21 Libra
MC 25 Cancer
Moon 28 Aries 46, 7th House
Venus 8 Gemini 28, 8th House
Sun 10 Gemini 43, 8th House
Mercury 20 Gemini 34 , 8th House
Mars 12 Leo 06, 10th House
Jupiter[/b] 21 Cap 35, 3rd House
Saturn 2 Virgo 23, 11th House
Part of Fortune 9 Virgo 53, 11th House
Pluto 0 Cap 22, 3rd House

The first thing that I notice is that I am represented by a combust Venus in Gemini in the 8th House, conjunct the wealth-destroying Aldebaran w/in 1 1/2 degrees (which makes sense for someone who has had to live on miserable temp wages as long as I have had to.) Venus applies to a sextile of Mars, which rules the 7th House Cusp (the job?), and a square of the Part of Fortune. The dispositor of Venus is a ruling Mercury, albeit one that is ?under the beams?. Since a secretarial job is a servant?s position, I am also taking the 6th House Pisces cusp into consideration. Jupiter is fallen, retrograde, and extremely cadent (but I knew the job was beneath me, and it doesn?t bother me). I am wondering if this means the job could become an indefinite temp position, which does bother me. I don?t want to remain an indefinite temp, because I can?t be fairly compensated unless the job becomes permanent.

My boss is represented by the Moon (which rules the MC). She is at 28 Aries and about to change sign, moving into her exaltation sign, and will make a trine to 3rd House Pluto as soon as this occurs (rumors?). The Moon (Boss) and Mars (the job) are both angular. The boss needs to make a quick decision, and since there are two degrees left in Aries, I am thinking it will be in either two weeks or two months. Two months is exactly what was discussed in our initial ?get to know you?.

If my interpretation is correct, this horary doesn?t look so hot. The dispositor of Mars (7th House cusp ruler) is the Sun, located way too close to that lousy, wealth-destroying Aldebaran for comfort. The dispositor of the Part of Fortune also happens to be that ruling 8th House, ?under the beams? Mercury. All the major dispositors are in the 8th House. I get the feeling there will be problems with salary negotiation.

Am I hoping against all hope? Or am I missing the good stuff? Could anyone pick out the features of this horary that might reveal some hope for this new job?
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Hi Sunny Dawn,

I would take the 10th cusp as the job itself and not necessarily assign it to the boss (although the 10th means bosses, too). I'm baffled as to why you would assign the job to the 7th house...? Surely that would be your 'competitors' for the position, although in this question you haven't necessarily asked about a contest between you v. them, only whether the job will become permanent. As I see it, this is strictly a 1st/10th house question.

I would be concerned about the Moon being in such late degrees; its first application once it changes to Taurus will be to trine Saturn, so I'm not sure if the moon is technically VOC in this chart or not. I would think the applying trine to Saturn would indicate a hard slog ahead, however; although in Taurus the Moon (job) will be much more receptive to you. Combusted Venus as a significator is not an especially encouraging sign, especially since there is no application by Venus to the MC, or the Moon to the MC (without impediment, that is).

I would think your chances are slim, unfortunately. I have the deepest of sympathies for you, as I have frequently found myself in the same sort of position, far beneath what I'm actually qualified to do, working 'under' people I'd be better off working 'over'. Best of luck!!

GH :)

Dear Sunny Dawn,

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with your and Gunhilde's assessment of the situation.

The 6th house seems a very fitting representative of the job, in my opinion. This is not, after all, Sunny's vocation of choice, just something she's taking to make ends meet.

I am, however, very interested in whether that Moon is actually VOC or not, as it not only eventually makes an out-of-sign trine to Saturn, but also Pluto (provided, of course, that you use Pluto in your interpretations).

Anyway, I hope that you can find a job that both pays well and allows you to shine.

I.

Interesting chart.

I'm going out on a limb here....

Moon's about to change signs - good for you Venus! But Moon in the competition's house, hmm... I think if you had to look for competition, it would be in-house (Mars in 10th)

Moon is fast and angles are cardinal - that should give fast timing.

Moon in the next sign immediately applies to trine Saturn, which rules the 4th - end of the matter/outcome, and thereafter POF, both in the 11th - your hopes and wishes.

Now I am a bit conflicted as to whether Saturn is to be seen as the great "frustrator" of all hope, or whether we can look at him as the symbol for "permanence", the very thing you are after. Also, being in earth signs, gives solidity to the situation.
However, Saturn's presence in the house of 'wages' is not an encouraging sign - even if you were appointed, the salary wouldn't be that great.

Well I'd love to know how it pans out for you.

Keep us posted, please.

Best wishes

Susie

Hello, Sunny Dawn :)

It seems to me that this current situation about the job will be resolved quickly(the angles are cardinal).
The job itself is represented by the moon in aries, angular(attracts a lot of attention, high standing, durability, etc), soon it goes to taurus - exaltation, a change for the better. Moon is here not void of course.

It has lately separated from saturn by antiscion, that could mean that there was a period of hardships and crisis connected to this job - but not many knew about it, due to the shadowy nature of antiscion.

The next aspect is a trine to the same saturn, posited in a house of wages - peregrine saturn is not a lovely sight to see in any house and much less in an aspect with another planet without reception. Another kind of financial distress is coming around, it happens easily(trine) and brings damage to this company, mainly through its competition and "open enemies" or some kind of law - suits?(the 7th from the 10th). However, it will be strong enough to survive and thrive further in the future - the moon will be exalted.

You are represented by a combust venus in the 8th - this can mean several things
- you can't/won't see the situation as it is, clearly and reasonably
- you are owerpowered by fear/doubts/some person that has a great influence on you(the boss?)The placement in the 8th also typically designates someone who is tormented by fears
- combust planet cannot act, is powerless and above all, it cannot act in a clear, appropriate manner(according to the requirements of the situation)

This also means that whatever answer you get from the chart, you will not be regulated nor satisfied by it.

The colleagues are represented by mars, ruler of the 7th - venus in an applying sextile promises a reasonable amount of cooperation, but all this goes without reception, and mars is naturally a malefic that brings harm when he doesn't receive the applying planet.

Mars is the most elevated planet and he is fixed - this speaks for itself, a very powerful, unyielding kind of potentiall enemy and competition that probably wins in any kind of skirmish. Combust Venus in the 8th is powerless, compared to these people(in spite of its conjunction with fierce,powerful and brave Aldebaran. :)

The boss I think is best represented by the sun, the almuten of the moon(ruler of the job).Normally, I would have taken mars to represent him, but here it had already been picked as a significator of your co - workers.

Since you've stated that your boss needs to make a quick decision, I think this decision will not be in your favor, but in the favor of your competition. Sun sextiles mars before venus conjuncts the sun;and sun also receives this mars in his dmicile and triplicity - a clear and unambiguous picture of favor toward someone else.

So in the end, I hope you'll soon find another job that suits you much better than this one. And the salary isn't so great either :, :D

Best wishes,
Goran

Feedback

My astrological posse is amazing. Several of you came up with points that were right on the money! Cor Scorpii got closest to what actually happened. I got terminated today. Talk about timing - it wasn't two weeks or two months, but more like two days!

One thing I will note - I came across her birthdate in some data I had to review yesterday. Her Chiron is within a one degree orb of my natal Sun (Chiron is NOT a benefic in most cases) and her Saturn is in a partile conjunction with my natal Jupiter (4 degrees Scorpio). With access to this information I don't feel that either of us is to blame - two people like that shouldn't be in the same room together, let alone in a situation where one has to work for the other. It was simply not meant to be.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/