Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get a lower price for plane tickets?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Will I get a lower price for plane tickets? Reply with quote

These tickets will be part of our exodus back to the UK. I normally like flying British Airways as they have a direct flight, but to my alarm the ticket price has increased by nearly 60 dollars in the last week. I don't want to purchase them just yet, although I'll need to soon; but I am hoping for a drop in the price of the tickets again.

I asked this today, 2 June 2008 at 9:43 am in Tucson, AZ.

10 Leo Ascendant
26 Taurus Moon (VOC) and yes, I've lost my head!Laughing
4 Vir 52 on 2nd house cusp
Saturn on 2nd house cusp

Now, I had been wondering which house to pick for 'plane tickets', 2nd house as a financial matter, or 9th representing overseas stuff?

I took the 2nd house as this is really a financial query, and Mercury ruling the 2nd seems appropriate for 'tickets', anyhow. Mars sits on the Ascendant; Mars is the 9th ruler in this chart and the next aspect is an immediate sextile to the Sun in the 11th. The Sun being me, of course.

Mercury is in dignity by domicile but retrograde and combust. I *could* take this as the price dropping, I guess, although I could also take this as me having a dire financial situation...

Saturn on the 2nd cusp also seems to fit, but this is a prohibitive aspect, especially since the Moon, when she makes her next aspect, will be to square Saturn.

Do I have any takers on interpreting this? I'm really not quite sure what to make of it all. Confused

Thanks a bunch!
GH Smile
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By asking if you’ll get a lower price, you are asking if you’ll make a financial gain by waiting. From what you’ve described the chart seems to be giving negative indications concerning finances, so it sounds like a ‘no’. (Saturn on the 2nd cusp doesn’t sound like a gain to me; but I suppose it could be describing your inability to do anything but wait!)

I’m just about to catch a flight myself, but want to add a quick comment from a purely practical point of view.

I also prefer to fly by BA on long haul to get the direct flights, and I recognise your dilemma. But BA has a policy of never dropping its price as the date nears, so the usual scenario is – the longer you wait, the more expensive the seats become. The only way that you might miss out on a better deal is if BA decides to declare a ‘sale period’ and discounts a range of flights during a limited period. Earlier this week I spoke to a member of staff at BA, and was told that they have no upcoming plans for a sale; which is not to say that they might change their mind next week! I know it’s like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, but I have just booked a BA flight from Phoenix to Heathrow in late September, because I didn’t want to get caught out this time, as I have been before.

Good luck!
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, cheers, Deb, I'll buy them now, I guess.

It makes me cross that the price keeps going up, but I haven't found another flight with a comparable price that doesn't involve two or three stops (Tucson to Chicago to Brussels to London, of all things!). I'm getting too old (or lazy) for such adventures, especially if it's only going to save me about 50 bucks.

I see what you are saying about 'financial gain' rather than price drop; that's an excellent way to look at it. I'll remember this for future reference.

Thanks again!
GH Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: