Ken Negus 'Kepler's Astrology' 2nd ed.: international source

Ken Negus's first edition of his pamphlet 'Kepler's Astrology' is extremely difficult to find second-hand (I eventually chanced on a copy on Alibris a few months ago, and it arrived somewhat scrunched up but still complete).

However, it has been entirely superseded by the second edition published this year, which takes the form not of a pamphlet but of a full-length book, and rather than containing mere extracts of Kepler's work, it promises to be a full translation of 'Tertius Interveniens'.

Initially the book was only available to US-based customers by US $ cheque to Valerie Vaughan for $22 inclusive of delivery, with no international payment or delivery options offered:
http://www.onereed.com/books/keplers_astrology.php

However, this situation has now at last changed, as Astrolabe are offering it for $39 inclusive of international delivery - quite a steep rise on the price to American customers, but since it is a work of essential historical importance, I'm sure I won't be alone among non-German-speaking members of Skyscript in having rushed to place an order.
http://alabe.com/KepAstroCart.html

You will notice that the price is nominally $17 at the outset, but this increases to $39 by the time that the only available international delivery option offered, Express Mail, is selected.

I imagine it possible that eventually the book will be distributed through astrological bookstores and even Amazon, and that cheaper international shipping options will be available through them. But I personally decided against waiting around to save a possible $10 at some unspecified future point.

Philip

For those who may not know, Ken Negus is a retired professor of Medieval German Literature (Rutgers University, NJ), and a long time practicing astrologer, astrology author, and teacher. He is far better qualified to do this sort of work than most academics who translate with no working knowledge of astrology. For anyone interested in Kepler and his astrology, or wants drop dead certain proof that Kepler was more than a dabbler in the art, you won't find better than this.

Tom

Well said, Tom! And of course Tertius Interveniens, despite having a Latin title, is a German work, so Ken Negus was ideally qualified as a linguist to translate it into English, in addition to his astrological credentials.

And I understand that this volume in its full-length form has been many years in preparation on his part.

I received my copy through the post this morning already. It's a paperback volume in a handy, not excessively large format, and appears at first glance to include the full contents of his original first edition pamphlet of excerpts also called 'Kepler's Astrology' in addition to, in a later chapter, his entire fresh translation of 'Tertius Interveniens'.

Despite also being called 'Kepler's Astrology', this new edition is declared to be the first edition in its imprint, presumably because it is so much more substantial than the true first edition of Ken's original pamphlet 'Kepler's Astrology' that although it contains all the contents of the latter and much more besides it has been regarded in effect as the first true full-length edition of the work, the former pamphlet of the same name having been just a foretaste of the same!

I don't know if I've resolved or created confusion more in my last paragraph, but I simply wished to point out, having earlier announced the fresh publication as the 'second edition' of 'Kepler's Astrology', that it has been labelled as a 'first edition' internally, lest this might otherwise take someone buying it by surprise!