Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Timing question: relocation overseas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Timing question: relocation overseas Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Have been away for awhile (busy trying to be a 'grownup'); nice to be here again, albeit with a question I could use some input on. Confused

Background:

Okay, as some may recall I moved from the UK to the US back in June, ostensibly to do a nursing degree and because of certain family/financial issues. I've changed to a social work degree (having a natal 10th house Neptune is a pain), which will take me two years to complete.

The fact is, I can't stand living in the US and can't wait to get back to the UK, where my family and I felt more 'at home'. So my question is concerned with the fact that I will be here for at least two more years, but after that it is a question of timing as to when I can get the heck out of here. Not very Zen, but I *am* a Sagittarius with restless feet.

The question was:

Will we move back to the UK within 3 years (3 years being a reasonable amount of time, I felt):

11 Feb 2008
10:06 am
Tucson, AZ USA

24.36 Aries Ascendant, Mars ruler on cusp of 3rd, Moon on Ascendant.

Now, the confusion I have (and had when the chart was in reverse for the move here from the UK) is that the UK is overseas (9th) but a house move (7th), but I consider it 'home' (4th).

Because this is also a question of timing I have to consider the aspects.

So, Moon rises, four degrees from the Ascendant, in Mars' sign. Interestingly, the Moon separates from a square to Jupiter, 9th house ruler still dwelling in the 9th house, by 8 degrees. We moved from the UK 8 months ago, in June, and it was a very difficult move (Jupiter in fall). So.

The Moon's next aspect is to sextile the Sun in the 11th, after which it squares Venus, ruler of the 7th of 'the next house you move to'. The 5th I might take as my children, who really do want to move back to the UK. The square to Venus is in 2 degrees 20 arcminutes or so; do I take this to mean that it won't happen in '2 years?'

The Moon sextiles Mars in 4 degrees; likewise, there are 4 degrees or so between the Ascendant angle and the Moon. So perhaps this is, in the context of my question, '4 years' or so.

This seems to make sense, but I'm not absolutely sure. Mars is conjunct POF in the 2nd house: my money. Having enough money to make the move *is* a concern since I had to use what I had left from the move over here to buy furniture and I'll be a student for the next couple of years Confused .

I would take the answer to this question as, "Not sooner than 2 years, but within 4 years", perhaps because of financial concerns.

Does anyone have anything they can add to this that would help it make better sense? I would greatly appreciate any ideas; I think I'm on the right track, but since it's a question that I have some emotional investment in, I may not be reading it correctly.

Thank you!
Best,
Gunhilde Smile
Gunhilde

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Did I answer my own question so eloquently that no-one else dares chip in?

I must develop my own website and start charging, I see... Laughing

Cheers,
GH Smile
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gunhilde,

I wonder if you can expect a horary chart to tell you about what you are going to do *after* two years time. I think they are concerned with the here and now, and a lot could happen within two years to make you see everything differently. That next applying sextile of the Moon on the ascendant to the sextile of the 5th-ruler Sun in the 11th is a very positive aspect, so something good looks set to come out of this. But I wouldn’t rule out interpreting the application of Moon in Aries to Mars in Gemini (I make this on the 3rd cusp) as some kind of move within 4 months rather than years. Maybe this is just a local move to a better environment where you feel more settled?

Regards
Deb
Gunhilde

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,

Thanks very much for taking a look.

Quote:
I think they are concerned with the here and now, and a lot could happen within two years to make you see everything differently.

Yes, I agree. The only change, however, that I would anticipate happening is leaving *sooner* rather than later. Trust me, there is nothing here that would make me like it better or want to stay longer: not winning the lottery, not marrying Christian Bale. But I do take the point that this is projecting quite a ways into the future and all sorts of other stuff could happen. Like marrying Christian Bale. Leery

Quote:
But I wouldn’t rule out interpreting the application of Moon in Aries to Mars in Gemini (I make this on the 3rd cusp) as some kind of move within 4 months rather than years.

Again, point noted, but a local move is *highly* unlikely (barring some sort of natural disaster; not too common in Arizona actually). I've been sinking a lot of money into the landscaping at this house (a family-owned one) to keep the property value up. The only move I would *anticipate* at this point, is the move back to Blighty: not a question of 'if', but 'when'.

But I do agree that this is all conjectural and very far in the future. I must learn to temper my determination with patience.

In any case, I will hold on to this chart and see what happens!

Thanks very much again.

GH Smile
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to pop this back up again, but I had a further thought on Deb's comments.

One of the 'sticking points' right now is that Mr. Gunhilde is looking to do a PhD at Cambridge (his hometown, so a matter of convenience more than prestige), but is troubled by the 'delay', e.g. my academic plans vs. his, his career vs. mine. If we look at the 7th house in this particular chart as Mr. G, we see him posited in the turned 4th (his focus on 'going home', perhaps) with an applying square to the Moon, which, turned, rules his 10th. Very descriptive.

His 9th house of academia, the radix 3rd, holds Mars, just arcminutes from the cusp, and the ruler of the house, Mercury, is retrograde, 3 degrees from the cusp of the radix 10th, his turned house of 'home'. He is going back to the UK for a family visit in a few weeks, and has set up discussions with both academic advisers as well as a job interview with his previous employer!

I note that Mercury turns direct within a week of this chart being drawn, and that Mercury and Venus do not actually conjunct until the middle degrees of Pisces, some 6 weeks hence. Mercury will be in fall and Venus exalted. Hmmm...

So I guess my question is, how much can I extrapolate from a horary chart that didn't specify Mr. Gunhilde's doings, but the question of which intimately and intricately involves his decisions as a separate entity as well as 'us' as a family? It all seems to make sense, but I want to ensure I am not projecting all of this.

And Deb has noted that some sort of 'move' may take place within four months, albeit a 3rd house move, ostensibly. Does the inclusion of this additional information change the basis by which the chart is read?

Any takers?
Cheers,
GH Smile
kerenhappuch

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gunhilde,

I agree with Deb - I find horary deals with immediate concerns. I'd take a judgement over a month to 6 weeks at most, but no more than that. You just don't know what might change between now and then!

If your question has underlying issues, which from your last post sounds like it has, why not try focusing in on the real question underlying your desire to cast a chart. Be clear with yourself and honest as to what you are actually concerned about. Maybe have a go at re-interpreting the chart cast previously but with the awareness that the real question isn't quite the one you asked Wink

Keren
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Okay

i am getting interference
it doesnt matter if UK your home or not. your present location is 1st house... your physical home is 4th house .. removing from home to home is 7th house. if one should stay or move you must judge the rulers of 1st house and 7th, not 4th.

moon will aspect first the sun before hopping to venus
then at the end it will sextile mars

you are def unhappy in the us.. your 1st house ruler *your current place( is peregrine meaning that you are chasing your own tail aimlessly *i am in the same boat .. i wanna get the heck out of california*

Venus - UK is more essentially dignified .. its in its own triplicity

there is inconjunction between mars and venus .. it could be that you will go to UK but will return

look at this .. moon aspects sun while sun aspects mars. I wonder who is this Sun person?

cheers
CD
Gunhilde

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KH and CD, thank you very much for pitching in!

I'm not sure how much more clarity I can get from the question or this chart; I think this chart is valid but I agree that the 'rub' of the question isn't quite right.

The bottom line is I feel it was a mistake to move to the US, but am deeply troubled by the thought of continually moving back and forth between the two countries; it is expensive to move and the UK, as we know, is an expensive place to live, and right now we are broke.

The reason we moved back here was primarily financial; we were servicing some relatively minor debts on both sides of the water, but it was just enough to prevent us from living the kind of lifestyle in the UK that we wanted, which involved a little bit of international travel, nothing flash, just a little bit of sand and sun on occasion.

On this side of the pond, my mother had a property available, and since my grandmother had recently died, she had put the sum of my inheritance from Gran into the principal of the property here. It was a sort of bribery: Mum wasn't going to give me my portion of the inheritance while I was in the UK, so I had to 'play the game', come back to the US, and work out an arrangement with Mum to get the money out of the house. The cost of living is much cheaper here; we have a reasonable quality of life, are able to pay down some of the debt, but otherwise are very alienated and feel like 'fish out of water'.

So now I am applying to graduate school here, but Mr. Gunhilde is chafing at the bit to move back to the UK, and I am sort of torn in two between just being content to live here for a couple more years, and Mr. Gunhilde's frothing about being miserable here. Moving back to the UK right now would be a huge financial loss and would cause deep rifts in my family. Plus, Mum would not necessarily free up my inheritance if I just took off.

So the compromise I came up with was that I would try to (for once) finish my graduate degree so I can do social work in the UK, and then we'd go back. But Mr. Gunhilde is not especially happy with this, so I am left with casting a chart in the hopes that it gives me some clue as to what to do about the situation.

Does that help with clarifying the chart? As I said, I think the chart speaks quite eloquently of the conflicts involved, but I agree that the parameters around the question weren't quite 'it'.

Cosmicdolphin, I had thought that the Sun represented our kids, who have both made it quite clear that they preferred the UK to the US; they miss their friends. But perhaps the Sun is that handsome surgeon I ran into at work a few times. I quite fancy him, and maybe he'll take my mind off my domestic troubles.Leery

Thanks a lot!
GH

Smile
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH

i think you are living in a wierd state

From UK to Arizona./.. eeeeeeek.. there is nothing to do in Arizona .. San Francisco looks a lot like Brighton. I was there in 2006.. itis very expensive though.

Texas you can get sun/sand and etc or Oregon if you want more calmer enviroment and cheaper

cheers
CD
Gunhilde

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to pop this back up, but as it's connected to another question I am studying/debating on the forum I thought it would be relevant to provide an update on this one...

We *did* decide to move back to the UK, after all, having had enough of this place to last a lifetime (Tucson isn't bad; it's just 'not us'). Assuming everything else in my other question(s) goes well, it seems likely that I will set foot back in the UK sometime around the beginning of July. That's just over the four months Deb suggested for a move, although she had thought it would be a local move.

So why the 3rd house significance instead of the 9th?

Well, this will be the third time in a dozen years that I have moved to the UK from the US; and I suppose in this context the 3rd house signification is borne out: this is not an epic move to a foreign land, but a rather 'routine' one, one I have repeated a number of times. It lacks the 'pilgrimage' slant of the 9th house; this move is just getting me back to a place I love.

As with the other questions, I will provide updates to see how the charts play out.

GH Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: