Hellensitic Astrology - Preliminary Natal Analysis II

I thought I should clarify a few of the mistakes that I've seen in the PNA thread (for some reason I couldn't post there).

This posted by Astrojin:
-------

According to Schmidt, "modern" hellenistic astrologers usually divide hellenistic astrology in three broad areas:

1) Preliminary natal analysis - where planets are judged whether they are able to conduct their businesses or whether they are favorable or unfavorable to the native
2) Universal and specific techniques
3) Timing techniques (esp. those time lords)
-------

Schmidt said that there were 4 "grand approaches" and these are:

1. PNA (as you listed above)
2. Universal Hermetic Techniques (hermetic, not specific)
3. Topical Analysis
4. Time Lords

Also I've seen the term "oikodespotes" used as "domicile master" and this is a good translation, but in many cases the term "oikodektor" was used and both of these terms refer to the same planet, the one that we call the "domicile lord" or "dispositor" of a given sign. The purpose of these different words taken in the context from which they were speaking show the different roles that this planet can play. More commonly, the term "oikodespotes" refers to the ruler of the nativity; that planet that has determination as to the destination of the native. But this planet when it is giving ear to the requests of planets in it's domicile is referred to as an "oikodektor".
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC