Hello Rory,
In your experience is a cadent planet( even the good 9th) ,or out of sect, similar in its effects to a planet in detriment or fall, that is, prone to feeling away from home, ignored despised and thus exaggerating or compensating for its weakness?
----------
Hum! Not really. At least not in the sense of not being able to act or perform.
I have a Saturn in 3rd House and all my life, I have been the 'taxi driver' of the family.
Ivy Jacobson used to say that Cadent planets do not concern you. It represents everything in the 'periphery' of your own life. Unless you have Sun, Moon or ASC ruler in a Cadent House but it still needs to be qualified by many other different factors.

Cadent Houses represent as a whole 'learning processes' or skills you need to better perform in life. From the 3rd House, learning to read and write to the 6th House, learning to work and acquire skills to the 9th House, learning more abstract concepts or to the 12th House, learning to let go of your ego.

Cadent Houses also represent 'estranged' things around you. From your neighbours 3rd House whom you don't know anything at all sometimes to the 6th House which can bring foreign viruses or diseases in your body to the 9th House where you suddenly are connected to other people by some strange religious, political or philosophical belief system to the 12th House where you find yourself sharing the same room with a stranger in an hospital.
I have a funny story about the ruler of the 3rd House in the 7th House. A woman travelling to Europe met a man in France and she discovered that they were living in the same building in Montreal.
Indian astrologers say that the best doctor you can get is someone with Mars in Aries or Scorpio in the 6th House. He is qualified to take care of strangers.

Now, regarding whether a planet in a Cadent House is strong or weak.
Strong or weak (or qualified so to speak) is defined by the Sign placement. Houses show 'circumstances'. To be there at the right time at the right place. For example, an important person in a social position with a dignity (Sign) will be consulted after retirement. Another one by House placement without dignity in the 10th House will be forgotten once he retires.
Dont forget that sometimes people need some kind of 'privacy' like saying 'Forget me for a while'. Consider Agatha Christie - Mercury L9 in 9th and the fact that she disappeared for a while in her life (Mercury Occidental to the Sun, later in life and the Moon applying to it). She said " "My chief dislikes are crowds, loud noises, gramophones and cinemas. I dislike the taste of alcohol and do not like smoking." Christie also published (9th Houe) six mainstream novels under the name Mary Westmacott, a pseudonym which gave her the freedom to explore "her most private and precious imaginative garden"

A 'witness' (3rd House) is always a good thing to have if your life is in danger.
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Hello Rory,
In your experience is a cadent planet( even the good 9th) ,or out of sect, similar in its effects to a planet in detriment or fall, that is, prone to feeling away from home, ignored despised and thus exaggerating or compensating for its weakness?
----------
Hum! Not really. At least not in the sense of not being able to act or perform.
I have a Saturn in 3rd House and all my life, I have been the 'taxi driver' of the family.
Ivy Jacobson used to say that Cadent planets do not concern you. It represents everything in the 'periphery' of your own life. Unless you have Sun, Moon or ASC ruler in a Cadent House but it still needs to be qualified by many other different factors.

Cadent Houses represent as a whole 'learning processes' or skills you need to better perform in life. From the 3rd House, learning to read and write to the 6th House, learning to work and acquire skills to the 9th House, learning more abstract concepts or to the 12th House, learning to let go of your ego.

Cadent Houses also represent 'estranged' things around you. From your neighbours 3rd House whom you don't know anything at all sometimes to the 6th House which can bring foreign viruses or diseases in your body to the 9th House where you suddenly are connected to other people by some strange religious, political or philosophical belief system to the 12th House where you find yourself sharing the same room with a stranger in an hospital.
I have a funny story about the ruler of the 3rd House in the 7th House. A woman travelling to Europe met a man in France and she discovered that they were living in the same building in Montreal.
Indian astrologers say that the best doctor you can get is someone with Mars in Aries or Scorpio in the 6th House. He is qualified to take care of strangers.

Now, regarding whether a planet in a Cadent House is strong or weak.
Strong or weak (or qualified so to speak) is defined by the Sign placement. Houses show 'circumstances'. To be there at the right time at the right place. For example, an important person in a social position with a dignity (Sign) will be consulted after retirement. Another one by House placement without dignity in the 10th House will be forgotten once he retires.
Dont forget that sometimes people need some kind of 'privacy' like saying 'Forget me for a while'. Consider Agatha Christie - Mercury L9 in 9th and the fact that she disappeared for a while in her life (Mercury Occidental to the Sun, later in life and the Moon applying to it). She said " "My chief dislikes are crowds, loud noises, gramophones and cinemas. I dislike the taste of alcohol and do not like smoking." Christie also published (9th Houe) six mainstream novels under the name Mary Westmacott, a pseudonym which gave her the freedom to explore "her most private and precious imaginative garden"

A 'witness' (3rd House) is always a good thing to have if your life is in danger.
Brilliant. I have asc ruler mercury saturn,jupiter and MC in 9th in aquarius