Eddy wrote:I had a look at the angles at Tokyo of the 22 july eclipse.
MC 26?23' Cancer (with Sun, Moon and Mercury close to MC in house X).
Asc. 23?31' Libra.

Japan is often quite involved in North Korean matters. Several times N-Korea shot a test missile (without explosive substances) over marine territory of Japan. According to Ptolemy Tetrabiblos II.6 rule for the effect of an eclipse, the effect of it will last 3.5 years.
According Ptolemy and Renaissance astrologers who follow him, like Lilly, effects are not immediate.
Being at MC, midway between ASC and DESC, effects will start after 6 months, with its effects in the middle part of the three years.

Even so it's difficult to say when the maximum effect.
In the case of France IIWW war started in 1939 but France was really attacked in May 1940, with the next Ingress,

Italians know quite well because shared with Hitler this shame, Mussolini declared war to France, when Paris was already in German hands.
It's really beautiful we are out of this and this is just history.

p.s. I edited the post a little, I was hasty as usually, my Mars

margherita
Last edited by margherita on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Thanks, Tom :)

I will also look at Ingresses for the US, the main and most dangerous adversary of N. Korea.
What I forgot to mention in my previous post about lunation chart, the possible critical days are probably 15.-17.(transiting Moon conjunct Mars) and 28.,29. 8.2009. (opposition).

Gjiada,
although France was actually attacked in May 1940., it was technically already at war with Third Reich since it invaded Poland in the Fall of 1939.

Gjiada wrote:According Ptolemy and Renaissance astrologers who follow him, like Lilly, effects are not immediate.
Being at MC, midway between ASC and DESC, effects will start after 20 months, a little more than 1 year and a half.
Hi Margherita,

Comparing this with Ptolemy's text in Tetr.II.6 I'm a bit confused.
Tetrabiblos wrote:The nature of the beginnings and of the more important intensifications of the events, however, are deduced from the position of the place of the eclipse relative to the centres. For if the place of the eclipse falls on the eastern horizon, this signifies that the beginning of the predicted event is in the first period of four months from the time of the eclipse and that its important intensifications lie in the first third of the entire period of its duration; if on the mid-heaven, in the second four months and the middle third; if upon the western horizon, in the third four months and the final third.
20 months is halfway the 3.5 year period, this I can understand. But when I read Ptolemy it looks to me like he means that (in the eclipse on MC case) the beginning of the event starts in the second four months, i.e. 4-8 months after the eclipse, say 6 months, with the most intense period in the middle of the 3.5 years, thus at 20 months.

Eddy wrote:[ But when I read Ptolemy it looks to me like he means that (in the eclipse on MC case) the beginning of the event starts in the second four months, i.e. 4-8 months after the eclipse, say 6 months, with the most intense period in the middle of the 3.5 years, thus at 20 months.
Yes, I re-edited my post a little while after having written, but you should have read it before I corrected myself.

In Ptolemy we should separate beginning of the effects, in this case after six months, from the duration, which is here 42 months

42 months/3=14 months

So effects will start 6 months from end July 2009, for the end of January 2010, will be light for the following 14 months, and we will have the maximum influence from March 2011, the second 14 months.

Hope I'm right this time :oops:

margherita
Last edited by margherita on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Traditional astrology at

cor scorpii wrote: Gjiada,
although France was actually attacked in May 1940., it was technically already at war with Third Reich since it invaded Poland in the Fall of 1939.
Yes, but it seems to remember they just put soldiers behind Maginot line, because they believed German troops would try to attack from there.

Then Hitler invaded France 10th May 1940, the famous - for Italians at least - "guerra lampo", quick war maybe?

I would look at 1940 Ingress, rather than 1939 for Paris

margherita
Traditional astrology at

Ah, thanks Margherita, it's clearer now. However I find this rule a bit strange that before those six months there would be no influence of the eclipse. Now I think longer about it, if for example the 17 August 1999 Turkish earthquake has for sure any relationship with the 11 August 1999 eclipse which occurred in the afternoon in Turkey, then the effect came 'too early' when looking at Ptolemy's rule. Perhaps these long term effects are more politically related than with nature. But I will keep an eye on that Mars over the eclipsepoint conjunction in mid October anyway.

As promised, here's what Aries/Cancer Ingresses have to offer for the US

Aries Ingress
20.3.2009. 7:45 LMT
Washington DC

ASC 12 Aries 16' MC 6 Capricorn 46'

Cancer Ingress
21.6.2009. 1:46
Washington DC

ASC 15 Aries 01' MC 8 Capricorn 18'

This is just the reverse from what we've seen in the charts of N. Korea.
Primordial point is this time the ASC degree itself, the ruler is MA in the 12th;the ASC degree is occupied by this Venus in awful state and she rules the 7th so that makes he undoubtedly malefic. The Moon, posited in the 10th, is in detriment, translating the light between the Saturn in the 6th and the Mercury in the 12th...worse combination of influences is hardly imaginable. This is definitely an ugly picture, for the government as well as for the common people. The government is squeezed between the problems of health care and unemployment,defence issues(the 6th) and secret enemies,scandals, rise of criminal elements and threats of every kind(the 12th). In Hellenistic astrology, the 12th signified(among other things) the uprising of slaves. Nowadays, there are no slaves,ofcourse, but the unemployed come to my mind as the closest match...

In Cancer Ingress the same angles,but the rest of the picture doesn't seem so bleak like the one we've seen in the prevous Ingress; but the simbol of the government is still tucked away in the 6th where it has absolutely no power to act(occidental, out of sect Saturn). This time, the rulers of the ASC-DESC axis come together in the 2nd - looks like an ease in potential tensions, but I may be wrong in my judgment. The primary concern of the people seems to be how to earn money and save it.

No lunation up to Libra Ingress brings up the same angles again; however, there is on that happens on 6.8.2009. which features Mars on IC in applying square with Saturn in the 7th...this might show some problems that involve teritorial integrity of the US together with the open enemies(Hawaii? - because of the new launch of missiles from N. Korea?) This lunation was also the only one that repeated the angles in charts I analyzed for N. Korea. I find this to be significant; however,I'm pretty positive that it dosesn't show a major confrontation coming up.

There are two more lunations in September that are probably worth mentionig, but that I leave for another post.