Blackburn-ManU, 16.15 GMT
Odds: 5,75 3,50 1,62
Asc 29VI35 MC 29GE27 Moon 21LI32 POF 21PI08
The game starts on the Dy of Saturn and the Hr of Mars. Lilly would not have taken this chart for radical on grounds of the late ascendant. Whether Mercury is taken as the lord of the ascendant, or the virtue is passed on to Venus, I fail to see any radical relationship formed with Mars, Lord of the Hour.

POF is conjunct Uranus, Jupiter casts his sinister sextile to POF - the sinister aspect being more subject to providing suprizes, the Sun is inconjunct the ascendant and the Moon is inconjunct POF. Pluto either opposes the MC, or if you think the orb is too wide, then take the antiscia.

The conclusion would be to move the result away from the favourite. I would like to give the game to Blackburn but whether they could be strong enough to beat ManU remains to be seen and would seem nothing short of a miracle.
http://www.astronor.com

Blackburn/ManU
I give Blackburn the Asc - home team + colours. ManU are odds-on faves.

Testimonies for ManU
Moon square Jupiter (L7)
Uranus conj POF (favours the faves according to JF)
Antiscion Mercury (L1) conj S Node (JF says very destructive)
[Jupiter sextile POF - minor and separating but within same degree]

It will be interesting to see how JF testimonies perform, since I haven't had an opportunity to observe these before.

Testimonies for Blackburn
Moon sextile antiscion Mercury - very minor

If JF testimonies work, then it looks like a clear victory for ManU. I initially went for 3-0 but then I wondered if Blackburn might score and it could be a closer game since (1) the chart isn't radical, (2) they have one minor testimony and (3) they are at home. I've gone for 2-1.

Arsenal v Reading
12.45pm BST, -1.00
Islington, London
Asc 13,48 Leo

Arsenal are odds-on faves so they keep the Asc.

Testimonies for Arsenal
[Sun (L1) conj MC in 10th, but wide at 4 degs]
Moon square Mars (L10)
Antiscion Saturn (L7) conj MC in 10th

Sun is VOC which I'd see as an indication that, even if they win, it won't alter their position in the table, so effectively they get no further forward.

Testimonies for Reading
Moon square Jupiter, received by Saturn (L7)

Similar to what I said above, I initially went for a 4-0 win to Arsenal but non-radicality plus the one testimony indicates that Reading might score. Common sense does not support this since Reading have failed to score at all in their last three games, two of which were at home. However, I'm risking a 3-1 scoreline.

Arsenal-Reading

Arsenal win.
Testmonies as noted by Ficina.

I have L1 and L7 in aspect out of sign. Antiscia are both conjunct the natal planets-not out of sign, L1 separating and L7 applying by retrograde motion. How much this adds to the testimony is debatable but just added to a favourite victory

Similar to what I said above, I initially went for a 4-0 win to Arsenal but non-radicality plus the one testimony indicates that Reading might score. Common sense does not support this since Reading have failed to score at all in their last three games, two of which were at home. However, I'm risking a 3-1 scoreline.
That seems to be a very sensible application of the rule, Ficina. The Sun is in the same quarters as Mercury, lord of the hour, and they are not far separated. Mercury, at 3TA26, is in the degree of the Moon's exaltation and casts a dexter square (in control of the pitch) though signs of short ascension to POF at 3AQ10. It is difficult to see how Arsenal could not win, but maybe we will learn something when the match is over. Good Luck!

Blackburn v Man U

Non radical chart. Favourites away.

Testomonies support descendant victory.

Non radical, moves away from ascendant. Favourites are ascendant so Blackburn win

OR

Non radical, moves away from ascendant. Home team ascendant so Man U win

OR

Non radical moves away from favourite, ascendant home team so Man U win

OR

Non radical moves away from favourite, ascendant favourite so Blacburn win

:shock: :-T :) :lala

Based on the Everton/Chelsea comments Man U win.
Is this game practice not theory!!

Good readings given by all of you :)

I've just seen John's latest: :lol:
I'll go for:
Non radical, moves away from ascendant. Home team ascendant so Man U win
As mentioned by Ficina, Jupiter(ManU) is closely tied in with the Moon and POF, all being at the same degree.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Reading

Reading got off very lightly. Arsenal could easily have scored more and were definitely "in control of the pitch", as Andrew predicted. The radio commentator actually said they were containing Reading - exactly how I would describe ant Saturn (L7) in 10th.

I got the score wrong but I did manage to get two scores correct out of the four 3pm games :D

Very entertaining post, John :lol:

Arsenal-Reading 2-0 - but the game isn't really radical or important, is it? Beating Reading will do nothing for Arsenal. That might be what it means, in a similar fashion as ManU took the descendant in a home game a few weeks back.

Blackburn taking the lead against ManU is more interesting! :)

Andrew's analysis of the Blackburn-ManU chart now makes good sense. Football-wise, not many people entertained an idea that Man U might struggle to beat Blackburn. I personally couldn't believe anything but Man U's victory. How depressing, especially the Chelsea-Man U chart on Sat doesn't particularly look promising :(

Blackburn 1 - 1 ManU

Yes, well done Andrew :'
Football-wise, not many people entertained an idea that Man U might struggle to beat Blackburn.
Nobody knew Friedel was going to do a star turn for Blackburn! I'm sure ManU will be OK, Gem. They do have a brilliant goal difference. Next week's chart doesn't look too bad - might be a draw.