Fruit or Flower?

In 'Mundane Astrology' (at the end of chapter 6 part 1) Charles Harvey has a paragraph on the Archetypal Cycle, in which he compares the lunar cycle, and other planetary cycles, to the cycle of growth through the seasons. He says
..whilst we talk of the Full Moon phase of the cycle as 'bringing things to fruition', this is not strictly true
and his accompanying diagram shows fruiting at the disseminating stage (with flowering at the gibbous stage and seed setting at the full phase).

My feeling is that neither of these views is quite right. From thinking about my own experiences, and trying to relate the archetypal cycle to the houses of the chart, I've come to the conclusion that the full phase would be better seen as the flowering stage. The time that it comes into flower is when a plant is most clearly other-oriented (7th house) as it tries to attract pollinators; this is followed by fertilization and a kind of death (of the flower); leading to a period of fairly rapid expansion as the fruit swells; in the final quarter there is a period of consolidation, when outward growth slows down and is replaced by a process of maturation, when the harvest is apparent but not yet ready for gathering; and then (coming into the 11th house) the plant offers the result of the cycle to the world - the fruit is ripe and ready for taking; and anything that is not taken drops and breaks down ready for the next cycle.

Often of course, it's the flower that you want, so this interpretation doesn't entirely conflict with seeing the full phase as a time of fruition. But I think there's a danger, if we look for a harvest at that point, that the greater potential of the cycle can be wasted.

I'm probably fairly unusual in that my only experience is of watching my own transits (since 96 or 97) and very occasionally comparing other people's charts to my own - I've practically never tried to delineate character nor to do any kind of reading for other people - so I'd be interested to hear how this fits with other people's experience.