Well I'll start off.

Don't forget we are in British Summer Time, accordingly snow is forecast for the weekend. I expect it's the sort of weather Andrew would be out in his beach shorts and flip-flops! :wink:

A bumper weekend as well, three premier games and two FA Cup semi-finals(played in London)

Portsmouth
Arsenal
Man U
Everton/Derby-not sure-Everton/possible draw
Barnsley/Cardiff, draw then Barnsley in Extra Time

FA Cup semi-final, Wembley, April 5.
West Brom - Portsmouth, 11.15 GMT
Odds: 4,35 3,30 1,83
Asc 28CN36 MC 3AR00 Moon 6AR31 POF 19CN04
The game starts of the Dy of Saturn and Hr of Mercury.
The LHr and L1 are conjunct and in the same sign - the chart is radical.
Observing that their conjunction is located in the 10th, and that POF's closest aspect is trine Uranus before opposite the benefic Jupiter; I that these as testimonies for the favourite. I'm going for Portsmouth.

Premier League,
Arsenal - Liverpool, 11.45 GMT
Odds: 1,90 3,30 4,10
Asc 4LE01 MC 11AR11 Moon 6LE50 POF 24CN46
The game starts of the Dy of Saturn and Hr of the Moon.
The LHr and Lord of radical ascendant, the Sun, are in the same triplicity and sign - radical. L1 is exalted in the 10th - advantage the favourite. AntiPOF is 5GE14 and sextile its dipositor, Mercury, at 5AR05 - advantage the favourite. I go for Arsenal.

No suprizes expected in these two games. However, I might point out that in the first game - L1, the Moon, is deprived of light, and that the relation between the LDy, LHr and the radical Asc is ill, i.e. Saturn has his fall in Cancer, and the blending of Mercury and Moon is corrupt. In the second game there is a disagreement of powers between the LDy, Saturn, and the LHr, the Moon. Let's check to see whether this provides any meaning.
http://www.astronor.com

It looks generally good for Arsenal but I wonder if the fact that the Moon has to travel more than 5 degs to aspect L10(Mars) can affect the game, or will not make any difference?

Ficina said on April 5:
Difficult to decide Arsenal/Liverpool but I finally went for a draw, 1-1. Chart not radical and no testimonies for either side.
At that point we seem to have entered a discussion on the question of radicality. Ficina and I agreed to move this debate to a new thread. I hope the discussion will continue there.

Well done to Ficina for getting the Arsenal-Liverpool score right! :'
My apologies to other posters for any inconvenience occurred by having split this thread. :)
http://www.astronor.com

Congratulations to Andrew and John for getting the FA Cup semi result correct :' West Brom 0 - 1 Portsmouth.

In today's Prem games, it's tempting to say that ManU win by default and Derby lose by default! However...

Boro v ManU, 1.30pm BST, Middlesbrough, Asc 13,52 Leo

Needless to say, ManU are odds-on faves. The only note I have made is POF trine its dispositor, the Sun which favours the fave. But Sun is also L1, Boro, unless we give the Asc to the faves. Are there any other testimonies? Anyway, I've gone for 2-0 ManU.

Everton v Derby, 3.00pm, Liverpool, Asc 27,20 Leo

Everton are odds-on faves. I can see why John thought this might be a draw. I have one testimony for each team. Moon conj ant POF (faves) and Saturn (L7) conj POF (underdogs). Derby have only drawn 3 games away this season - to lesser opposition - so I'm going for Everton to win 1-0.

Are there any other testimonies?
Moon conjunct anti-Saturn(Man U).
Moon conj ant POF (faves) and Saturn (L7) conj POF (underdogs).
This is interesting because the Moon's aspects are so close. It first conjoins anti-POF at 26 Aries 51 and then anti-Satrun at 27 Aries 43. JF said conjunction is a cut-off point and we don't look further than the conjuncition. If it's not Derby that Everton are playing, I'd consider the possibility of the DC team winning but as Ficina said:
Derby have only drawn 3 games away this season - to lesser opposition - so I'm going for Everton to win 1-0.
Difficult to see Derby beating Everton but I can also see the possibility of John's prediction, draw.

I didn't consider Moon conj ant Saturn in ManU game because it's just over 5 degs. However, it is within 5 degs in Derby game (I missed that!) but, as you say, Moon conj ant POF happens first.
JF said conjunction is a cut-off point and we don't look further than the conjuncition.
Yes, he does say that but I haven't found it always to be the case in practice. If it works, then it favours Everton, the faves, doesn't it?

ManU game

L1 trine POF was my reasoning. I also had the asc applying to trine L1(if this counts)!

Everton game

Whilst the thread has been created on repeating quotations and radical charts, I would welcome some practical guidelines to work with, whilst the theory runs alongside. Perhaps this is for the other thread?

There seems to be three practical issues
1- radical-favours ascendant??
2-radical by triplicity-favours draw??
3-not radical- draw/underdog??

All of the above being supporting testimonies only??

By implication, if radical/non-radical charts have a bearing on the outcome, in terms of favourite or underdog, then this moves the consideration of colours out of the equation. Alternatively, if colour method has merit then the radicality issue seems either to be not a factor or it has other interpretations! For example a radical chart where the colour method clearly indicates the favourites should be the descendant.

I have the Everton chart as radical. Lhr Sun. Comments noted above by Ficina and Gem for the underdog, I also had the Moon not making any other planetary aspects. There was another chart with the desc ruler in the first retrograde and a question if this gave some strength to the underdog.
On balance I am with Everton, with a late winner!!

ManU game
L1 trine POF was my reasoning. I also had the asc applying to trine L1(if this counts)!
Are you giving ManU the Asc as faves then?
1- radical-favours ascendant??
No, radical favours the favourites - not necessarily signified by the Asc.
For example a radical chart where the colour method clearly indicates the favourites should be the descendant.
Doesn't make any difference because they're two separate issues. Do you see what I mean? Not sure if I've explained it clearly.