Will I get the job?

I'm a forum virgin, love this site, have lurked for years in the shadows and have noted with some amusement that when I joined I was the 1000st member to do so. But on with the topic.

Question asked at 2:46pm, 10th March, Perth Western Australia, AWST - 9 hrs. 31S57, 115E51. ASC 25Gem, MC 11Aries.

Background: Querent applied for a job with an internet provider as a telephone operator. 200 other applicants had the same idea, so competition is fairly stiff for the handful of jobs, to say the least. She will be notified early next week and I will post the outcome.

She is Mer Aqu 8th, quite descriptive of the situation, the job is Mars Can 1st. Ouchies!

Arguments against her being successful:
Merc in 8th.
No aspect between significators.
Very weak reception between significators - Merc in terms of Mars (Aegyptian), so she may find a degree of comfort or ease with her surroundings.
Job and her prospective boss is represented by the fairly badly mangled prominent Mars in her 1st house, so they may be very interested in her but the job may be to her detriment. A lot of strife, sin and sorrow. Angry customers ringing up? Company could be in bad shape? Plenty of aggro?

Arguments for:
Significator of job is in her 1st, so job is 'with her'? They may be keen to have her.
Moon translates light via separating from square with Jupiter (the other party) to Mercury.
Moon is swift in motion and angular in the 10th career house.
Moon's dispositor POF nicley placed in her 2nd. The money will be good.
Merc - her significator - trine ASC?
Her competitors would be signified by 7th ruler Jupiter, angular but in bad shape, so she would stand a better chance.

Conclusion:
I consider the transation of light to override the lack of reception and aspects, also the Moon who co-signifies the outcome is swift, occidental, fortified by good elevation and applies to the querent. The money will be good (2nd from 10th is aforesaid Moon plus POF in her 2nd) and in her present circumstances that would be a major blessing. However I'm somewhat troubled by the debilitated job significator so all may not be well on the Western Front.

If I've made any flagrant errors or omissions I'd be grateful for some input. If I haven't I'll be even more grateful.

Cheers

Edith

[/quote][/b][/u]

Hi Edith and welcome !

You`ve done a good job. Chart is very descriptive. We can see even more: antiscion of Moon on the cusp of 3rd house (communications) and mutual reception between Moon and Mars (both are weak). Jupiter is not in a good shape - he is in his fall.
But, as you said, there`s no job without aspect. The querent could come among ten, but she`ll not be chosen.

Best wishes,
Trojan

P.S. Please don`t go back in lurking-place.
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

Hi Edith,

Congratulations on being our 1000th member :)

Although there is no aspect between Mars (10th-ruler) and Mercury (1st-ruler), we have the 10th-ruler in the 1st house and the Moon in the 10th, applying immediately to the sextile of Mercury. So this is a good argument for perfection, even without the Moon?s translation from Jupiter. It?s not necessary to have reception between the significators if the aspect between them is a helpful one and the significators themselves are not destructive or weak. Here the aspect is harmonious, but the Moon and Mercury are peregrine, Mercury is accidentally debilitated in the 8th, and I don?t like the look of Mars in fall as the 10th-ruler either. I basically agree with your assessment that this shows she has hopes of getting the job, but it looks unlikely to be a suitable solution. The Moon is fast in a moveable sign, and Mercury is so weakly placed that I think she may be panicking and choosing to see this as a better opportunity than it actually is. Unfortunately I think she has some dissapointment in store, even if she gets offered the job.

Regards
Deb

Will I get the job?

Thank you Trojan and Deb for your welcoming and encourgaing replies.

I have written and posted a decent size follow up but after me hitting the 'submit' button, my little epistle disappeared into the thin ether, so before I re-commit I will send this test post.

Cheers

Edith

This time it worked. So back to the drawing board.

I am still quite shaky with the Antiscia but I thought that was a good point to bring up.

Further to the situation: If the querent gets the job she will undergo an 8 week paid training period with various tests and assessments before being offered the position on a permanent basis. The company trains their intake in batches and this batch will then form and remain a team for the duration of the employment.

With the MC significator Mars in fall in her 1st house she may therefore be placed with a particularly querrulous or chaotic cohort or instructor. A badly debilitated malefic on an angle would not exactly be on my birthday wish list, in the querent's case this may manifest as her tripping up on assessments or failing tests, always assuming she gets the job.

On the other hand Mars is in its own triplicity and terms, so has a reasonable amount of dignity. Perhaps a solid silver lining with a decent gold hue on this particular cloud? My understanding is that a planet in its own triplicity can work a bit like being in amongst one's bretheren and sisteren (have I just invented a new word?), an ease of environment, so the querent may be feeling quite at home in her job setting and may be able to work quite effectively within the sorry framework. An Aries Moon throwing her antiscion on the third house cusp would corroborate the strength of the theory.

She tells me that she is quite used to, shall we say, vigorous work environments and this would also reflect her own personality to some extent. She may possibly take on something of a leadership role (Mars = MC ruler) and act as a peace keeper, a role she is reasonably familiar with. But a malefic in fall so prominently in an angle can mean that she could become her own worst enemy, trying to please everybody and ending up etc. etc. Maybe I'm over-analyzing this question, one of my many perennial vices.

In the meantime she has been invited for a job interview with a travel company, this coming Monday morning. She will go to the interview but it has thrown her in a quandry in case she gets offered both jobs. However since she didn't ask me specifically for any astrological input I will leave that one alone.

I'm now going to save this post in case it follows the last one in its evaporative nature.

I will also keep you posted on any further developments and yes Trojan, I faithfully promise not to lurk and loiter in the shadows anymore.

Edith

Edith wrote:
She tells me that she is quite used to, shall we say, vigorous work environments and this would also reflect her own personality to some extent. She may possibly take on something of a leadership role (Mars = MC ruler) and act as a peace keeper, a role she is reasonably familiar with. But a malefic in fall so prominently in an angle can mean that she could become her own worst enemy, trying to please everybody and ending up etc. etc. Maybe I'm over-analyzing this question, one of my many perennial vices.

Edith
Hi Edith,
you didn`t over-analyze the question but nevertheless it is smart to use the KISS principle (Keep It Short & Simple).
"Don`t be the storyteller, just answer the question!" said my teacher century ago.
:brows

Regards,
Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

As promised, here's the update on the job situation.

The querent was offered the job but almost simultaneously another job offer came in which put her in a sore dilemma.

After some reflection she asked me if I could do another chart with the specific question: 'Which of the two jobs should I take?'.

The outcome is now known but I thought somebody would like to have a crack at tackling a question of this nature. Naturally I will post the result.

17th March, 11:10 am, AWST - 9hrs, Perth, W. Australia, 31S57, 115E51. ASC 15 Tau, MC 20 Aqu.

Going over older posts and some books I have come to realise that this may not be the smartest way to pose a query, that a lot of uncertainty can be eliminated upfront by asking about one or the other job offer: 'Should I take it?'

Nevertheless the situation wasn't conducive; there was a fair bit of panic and also not a lot of time before she had to commit to one or the other job, and I wasn't really on the ball either, to be perfectly honest.

So, bearing this in mind, for those who still would like to have a go, the first job is the one she enquired about initially, the one with the internet company. Reasonable salary, security and opportunity for promotion but high stress environment (see previous chart details).

The second job is with a travel agency, in sales, but inbound calls only. Much better salary but based on commission, although guaranteed higher base wage than job A, and - so they tell her - she could earn up to twice the base salary.

She felt good about the general atmosphere when she had her interview but the drawback with job B is that with our economic climate set to take a sharp downturn, she is worried that her job security and quality may be compromised as fewer people will be bound to travel, whereas the internet scene seems to be here to stay.

Anybody up for it?

Edith

PS Should I have put this second question up as a new topic?