A question of inheritance

Okay, I've asked a question that is beyond my skill level to interpet! :D

"Will I recoup my money from this house/inheritance?"
21 March 2008
10:45 am
Tucson, AZ

Background: My dear Gran died in 2006, and left me half her estate, my Mum the other half (nice to be an only child sometimes). Problem is, due to various business wanglings between Gran and Mum, my portion of Gran's estate is tied up in my Mum's real estate investments, including the house I am currently living in.

When we moved back here to the States (and to this house) there was a tacit agreement that we would eventually 'buy out' my Mum's share of this house, thus getting my chunk of the estate; Mum otherwise flatly refused to give me the cash (which would have been more beneficial in any number of ways. Call it a benign hamstringing).

I have sunk what cash I had into 'home improvements' to this house to keep the property value up in a sagging market, so it's a lovely house indeed. In the meantime, however, plans have changed, and I no longer have any interest in buying the house from my Mum (or taking over the mortgage, or however she was going to arrange it). I would rather just sell the house and get the cash. I am unsure still whether Mum will agree to this, and yes, need to have a conversation with her about it, if I can muster the guts.

I realised that I asked on a Full Moon; not great, but certainly reflective of my agitated state!

Problem is, I have no idea which houses to look at! 2nd house is 'my money', of course, but 8th is inheritance and 4th is real estate. All three are involved. I note in this chart that Lord 8 sits in H4, Horary is so elegant!

It's all there: me (in fall, naturally) sitting in the house of "me Mum", beholden to her; Mum sitting in the 8th of 'inheritances', but I am too, too close to this question to 'see', and can't figure out what is the most significant house on which to gaze. The crux of it is, will I get my money back? But as you can see it's quite messy.

Help! Please, anyone?

Thank you!!
GH
:)

A Qestion of Inheritance

GH,

The chart has 3/56 Gemin rising so Mercury indicating Mercury is you significator. He is posited in 9th conj Venus. The Moon is VOC and rules your 2nd house also acts as your significator and is placed in 4th - appropriate. the Moon always indicicates what we are thinking about. Sagittarius rules the 7th - mother, and Jupiter is her significator - Jupiter is placed in her 2nd house.

The Angles are mutuable so there is hope for movement. With the VOC Moon @ 21 Virgo there is almost 9 degrees before she moves into the next sign - Libra. This could mean 9 weeks, months, years before you will see your inheritance from your mother. She does appear to be holding all the cards with Jupiter in her money house.

You may wish to seek legal opinion with Mercury and Venus posited within your 9th house receiving an opposition from Saturn in 3rd house of communications. Frustrating for your! Good luck

Julie K

Hi Julie, thanks for responding...

The moon is most definitely not VOC in this chart; it's at 1.03 Libra, and immediately applies to oppose the Sun. I am trying to ascertain what this means; the Sun is 3rd ruler in this chart. Mercury/Venus very definitely in the 10th.

Asc is 21.20 Gemini, Mars at 6.20 Cancer in the 1st house...are you sure you have the right date/time? :)

Cheers,
GH :)

PS I understand that I should look to the 5th to represent the 'profit' from the house; this is an exalted Venus, and I, Mercury, am chasing her through the skies. But the Moon first opposes the Sun, then squares Mars; Momma's money. Ouch! Guess that's my answer... :-?

And PPS: I had to laugh; Part of Fortune sits on the 7th angle: Grandma's fortune (as my mother's mother). Oh, horary.

I should add that I would actually put Saturn in the 3rd, not the 4th; it's retrograding over the angle by arcminutes.

GH :)