Tzadde,
tnx for the quotes. I can't see anything there though that confirms your remark from post 54: -
it is mandatory to be above the horizon.
Paul,
tnx for the clarification. I should really be more precise (difficult sometimes with my Uranus-Mercury Square), especially when refering to something someone else said ...

The guy by the way is the first 'scandal and gossip' journalist. Here's from Wiki:
Using connections in the entertainment, social, and governmental realms, he would expose exciting or embarrassing information about celebrities in those industries. This caused him to become very feared, as a journalist, because he would routinely impact the lives of famous or powerful people, exposing alleged information and rumors about them, using this as ammunition to attack his enemies, and to blackmail influential people.[3] He used this power, trading positive mention in his column (and later, his radio show) for more rumors and secrets.

Kirk,
this 'casting abroad' being the 9th, that's nice, makes a lot of sense.
I haven't practiced this idea by Morin of the opposing houses being connected by signification somehow, I know when I red it, I felt it would complicate things too much, but maybe it's worth looking into again.
As far as Jupiter is concerned, we'll probably have to agree to disagree.

I can see that I haven't convinced you, maybe in some future discussion...
8)

Yuki

Yikes!

Gee - what happens when a person has both benefics - Jup & Venus in the 12th house of their natal chart, in Aries, and Venus rules the ascendant, Taurus? (that's me, by the way, and going by my life thus far, this doesn't bode well at all.) I would think in this case that Jupiter (and Venus) would be turned into malefics - any opinions welcome!
wolf :???:

Tzadde wrote:Wolfie, where is your Sun? I ask this because I need to know whether the chart is diurnal or nocturnal.

Hi Tzadde - my Sun is in the 11th, in Pisces (and, incidentally, Mars is combust to it, and Mars would be the dispositor of Jup & Venus, I think)!
wolf

Wolfie wrote:
Tzadde wrote:Wolfie, where is your Sun? I ask this because I need to know whether the chart is diurnal or nocturnal.

Hi Tzadde - my Sun is in the 11th, in Pisces (and, incidentally, Mars is combust to it, and Mars would be the dispositor of Jup & Venus, I think)!
wolf
It's just contrariwise: Supposed your Mars is in Pisces, then Jupiter would be his Dispositor because Pisces is Jupiters House or - nowadays - Sign. Pisces is also the exaltation of Venus and thus she does not dispose of Mars nor is she his dispositor; but Venus receives Mars in her Exaltation.

Johannes

johannes susato wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

wolf
It's just contrariwise: Supposed your Mars is in Pisces, then Jupiter would be his Dispositor because Pisces is Jupiters House or - nowadays - Sign. Pisces is also the exaltation of Venus and thus she does not dispose of Mars nor is she his dispositor; but Venus receives Mars in her Exaltation.

Johannes

OK - I thought that as both Venus and Jupiter are in Aries (which is ruled by Mars), that Mars would be their dispositor - is that incorrect?
wolf

If Mars is in Pisces and Jupiter in Aries, there is mutual reception without aspect (which I prefer to call "generosity").

Thanks for clarifying the sect of your chart. So Jupiter, being a diurnal planet in diurnal Sign, in diurnal chart and above the horizon, you have Jupiter in Hayz, which should diminish the bad luck of the 12th. It is like your secret enemies, wanting to attack you, are (actually) accidentally helping you.
Venus, on the other side, is in the contrary condition, opposite to Hayz, and it may represent you or not (depending on whether the Moon aspects the Asc or not). If Venus is you (Moon not aspecting Asc), then you are self-sabotaging. If she is not you, then it is some sickness or someone who was supposed to not be your enemy, but is and you happen to know this person is against you (as Lady of 6th).

This is just one reason to see the chart as a whole and not only a part of it.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Wolfie wrote:OK - I thought that as both Venus and Jupiter are in Aries (which is ruled by Mars), that Mars would be their dispositor - is that incorrect?
wolf
If both Jupiter and Venus are in Aries then Mars is their dispositor, you are right, Wolf.

quoting from Tzadde: "If Venus is you (Moon not aspecting Asc), then you are self-sabotaging."

Well yes, this is the case - my moon doesn't aspect my venus - and yes, I am definitely self-sabotaging in certain behaviours, one example being compulsive overeating.
wolf