the site....and internet servers

hi,
I have been looking at this site for a couple of mths and i first would like to say that i think it is brilliant. I am learning a great deal. Great work Deb.

I would like to ask however, why some of the pages. (esp links to excerpts from the book "temples of the sky" and the quiz's) are not available to be viewed with firefox? I have to change servers (to internet explorer) to view these pages. I am wondering why? and also am wondering, if it would be possible to include these pages to be able to be seen with firefox?

perhaps someone would be able to get back to me......

With much thanks on a very helpful site
Liquid green

Hi,

I've been using Firefox for 3 years and have never had a problem here. I've always been able to view anything. I'm not tech savvy enough to tell you what the problem might be.

hi kirk,
I wonder if you can do the quiz on firefox that is in the toolbar up above? It wont let me, but if I go to internet explorer I can. Weird. I hope an expert can help soon. I keep finding links to Debs book that i cant read, without starting again in explorer. Perhaps i should just try to get my hands on the book....... :D

Thanks
LG

Hello Liquid Green,

You could try getting the IETab plug-in for Firefox and viewing Skyscript through its emulated IE page. I, for one, could never login to the site with Firefox until I used it.
Gabe

I would like to ask however, why some of the pages. (esp links to excerpts from the book "temples of the sky" and the quiz's) are not available to be viewed with firefox? I have to change servers (to internet explorer) to view these pages. I am wondering why? and also am wondering, if it would be possible to include these pages to be able to be seen with firefox?
I wasn?t aware of the problem because I hadn?t viewed the site through Firefox. Some time ago, when the site stats showed that over 95% of visitors viewed the site through IE, I took the decision to develop the site to be IE compatible. Looking at the site stats again today, I?m surprised at how much Firefox has crept up in the browser ratings. IE is still way ahead with over 80% of the browser share, but Firefox now has just over 16%. Unfortunately, the development of the site is very much down to me fitting things in when I have some spare time (and I can?t remember the last time I had any time to ?spare? :) ), but some time soon I?ll download Firefox and see if there is anything I can do to ease compatibility. In the meantime I can only offer that old developer?s adage: ?If you want to view this site at its best, come around and look at it through my monitor?.

Thanks for your suggestion Gabe.

I've been using Firefox for years and today is the first time I ever heard of this problem. I couldn't view the quiz either, but that is the only thing on the site that I haven't been able to access. Given that so many security problems are aimed at IE, I'm surprised more people haven't switched to Firefox.

It's an easy enough problem to solve. Just download IE. It's free.

Tom

firefox

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you all.
There is no rush to update if there is only 16% of us using firefox. The main part of the site is viewed fine. Its only a couple of things that I need to go and use IE for.
Gabe I will try your idea of the plug in. It would be great if I could see everything here, because IE seems alien to me now that i have grown accustomed to firefox.

Cheers everyone

Sitting with Saturn (I changed my name)