If anyone is wanting a saturday lunch time 'fix', there is a Scottish Premier game

Hibs v Celtic

Edinburgh 12.30. asc 19 cncr

Predict draw. Will go for score draw, goals in first half. Wondered if non VoC moon but still close to moving into Saturns sign would equal out any testimony for the favourite.

Man C v Wigan

17.15, asc 6 vir

VoC moon, can see no testimony for favourite. Go for draw.

Bolton v Liverpool

And so onto Sunday. 13.30 , asc 28 cnr.

Moon in sat sign. desc win. Liverpool fav, but Bolton in white could be cancer. Go Bolton win. try 1-0, goal at end of first half.

Everton v Portsmouth

16.00 asc 24 leo.

Sun on 8th cusp-not in 7th Sat in 1st. Everton win. Go 2-1, portsmouth get a late concilation goal.

These are my first thoughts. Will probably change my mind before kick-off. If I get one right I'll be satisfied!!

The favourites in all four of these games are odds-on and I find it difficult to predict against them since there are no testimonies for the underdogs, apart from Everton/Portsmouth where antiscion Venus (L10) is just inside 4th. Since Moon is sextile Sun (L1), I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
John said: If I get one right I'll be satisfied!!
Same here! :lol:

Just wondering what the odds need to be for a favourite to be described as 'odds-on'? I assume it has to a difference in odds with the other team!
I presume the favourite is either odds-on, or marginal?

Ficina wrote:The favourites in all four of these games are odds-on and I find it difficult to predict against them since there are no testimonies for the underdogs,
Do I take it that Ficina's approach is that the favourite wins, unless there is testimony to the contrary? I appear to take the line that there is no result (or a draw) unless there is testimony for either participant.

Any thoughts on this difference in methodology?

I would expect there to be a lesser testimony for a favourite. (I'll get all my predictions wrong this weekend and answer my own question!!!!!)

john wrote:If anyone is wanting a saturday lunch time 'fix', there is a Scottish Premier game

Hibs v Celtic

Edinburgh 12.30. asc 19 cncr

Predict draw. Will go for score draw, goals in first half. Wondered if non VoC moon but still close to moving into Saturns sign would equal out any testimony for the favourite.
I see Celtic winning this. Sorry. :D

I'd add a parlay of Bristol City + Cardiff + Preston NE to win..... Antiscion L7 in 10.

Game is about to start, of all 3pm games... i guess RANGERS should win by at least 2 goals and i expect a lot of 1st half goals in the premiership.
Last edited by leeleelee on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John,
Basically odds-on indicates that the favourite is a very strong favourite. In betting terms you win less than you bet. E.g. Celtic and Man City are both 4/7 (also described as 7/4 on), so if your stake is ?7, you win ?4. Liverpool are 4/6 and Everton are 5/6. In simple terms it's when the first number in the fraction is lower than the second. If you prefer decimals, then it's anything less than 2.00.

Hope that helps :)
Do I take it that Ficina's approach is that the favourite wins, unless there is testimony to the contrary?
Expected to win. Just to remind you of what I said on the other thread last week:
I know this is stating the obvious but I think it's important always to bear in mind before judging a chart that the favourite, especially when odds-on, is expected to win, unless there is a strong testimony (or testimonies) to the contrary. In yesterday's Prem matches, 4 out of the 5 odds-on faves won and one drew. In the other game the marginal faves (Fulham) lost.

Hibs 0 - 2 Celtic
ManCity 0 - 0 Wigan

Well done, John and Gem, for predicting the draw :' According to the radio commentary, it was a very tedious game. The other game was won by the faves so I'm not sure where that gets us, except that Gem has 100% record so far :D

My previous remarks re faves now seem irrelevant after today's results, with only 2 out of 8 Premiership games being won by faves. It would seem that the underdogs/away teams were favoured by Venus (L4) conj Desc in most of the 3pm games, plus antiscion Saturn (L7) hovering around the MC, as Leelee mentioned.

I agree with those of you who go with Everton winning against Portsmouth today, 6.00 GMT. Moon is Lady of the hour and AL10 (almuten), sextile Sun, L1.

Between Bolton-Liverpool at 13.30 GMT, I try giving Liverpool the Descendant. The Moon, L1, is cadent - and although she applies * Sun, who is Lhr, Sun is cadent too. I find Aries on the midheaven with the exaltation degree of Mars on the Descendant as a much more fanciful approach. Liverpool really want the points to fight for that 4rth position. My pennies are on them.

John, you are providing some excellent work! Keep it up - and don't loose your present sense of disciplin! Nice show, Gem. It's great!! :'
http://www.astronor.com

Ficina and Andrew
Thank you for your kind words :D

There're no clear testimonies for Bolton/Liverpool so it's either draw or Liverpool's default win. What's your take, Ficina, or anyone else?
Ficina said:apart from Everton/Portsmouth where antiscion Venus (L10) is just inside 4th. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
Yes there's a possibility of a draw there. That's the reason I'm not putting any money on the game.

I couldn't make head or tail of fractional odds but what Ficina wrote certainly has helped me to work out potential returns without consulting my odds convertion chart :D
Last edited by Gem on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

There're no clear testimonies for Bolton/Liverpool so it's either draw or Liverpool's default win. What's your take, Ficina, or anyone else?
I've gone for a 2-0 win to Liverpool although, as you say, it could be a draw. Bolton are desperate for points to get out of the relegation zone. There is one very minor testimony for Liverpool which is Moon sextile antiscion Venus (L4).

I've been having second thoughts re Everton/Portsmouth, bearing in mind what I said about lack of faves winning yesterday. I expect you'll all be right and Everton will win! Still, I'll stick with my original prediction and we'll see what happens...