Thanks Andrew
Now it's your turn to tell us how you work out who gets the AC :)
For your information, JF assigns the AC to faves. He also tells us that that only works for matches with individual, one-off kick-off time.

Now you have lost me again. You have a one-off kick-off. I do not see why the home team cannot be represented by the ascendant. I do not see why the favourite cannot take the ascendant from the home team when several matches are being played at once. There appears to be no set rule and it is messy until it can be shown to be true in 8-9 out of 10 cases. 50% does not do it.

It appears to me that in almost 50% of the cases, there are not testimonies provided by the ascendant, descendant or their rulers, but judgement appears to be given according to Fortuna, the midheaven or the placement of the moon, or something else like antiscia... but which does not always work...

:?:
http://www.astronor.com

I do not see why the home team cannot be represented by the ascendant. I do not see why the favourite cannot take the ascendant from the home team when several matches are being played at once.
I totally agree with you but I'm really unable to comment on that becasue I have avoided those games and haven't observed them. Have you?
judgement appears to be given according to Fortuna, the midheaven or the placement of the moon, or something else like antiscia... but which does not always work...
That's a very interesting approach, using various factors in judging who takes the AC. You're not entirely satisfied with this??

Hi Gem,
The group is delivering som terrific work and I really feel that we are moving forward - but obviously my own predictions or questions into this matter have not been without fail, and I tend to be looking into all sorts of things to try and find out if there is a give-away somewhere.

Usually, there are some thumbrules that everyone can be comfortable with. I am not yet comfortable. With every chart I have to ask myself 'Who is the ascendant?' It's like a discussion I had with Olivia eons ago regarding whether absent people were represented by the 1st or the 7th house. How to recognize the differences? Olivia followed Lilly through thick and thin, but did have a case where she judged the the missing person from the 7th. I think she would have said something like "Yes, Andrew, and it's very disturbing - but it just goes to show that there is still much to be learnt." :)
http://www.astronor.com