Thanks Gem, and in the euphoria of getting something right I forgot to congratulate Andrew, who also got the Villa result correct :D

My reasoning on the Reading/Villa game (12.30pm GMT) was Jupiter (L10) just inside 7th (3 degs) so contained/controlled by Villa. Moon sextile antiscion Jupiter indicated a goal for Reading, so Villa needed to score 2 goals to beat them. Nothing in the chart indicated that they would score more.

Gem, an example of Moon conj IC was Newcastle/ManCity on 2nd Jan.

Gem said re. Carling Cup:
Chelsea are the faves and the current Cup holders so they are represeted by the AC. What is striking is the exact opposition of the sigs. Together with the Moon not making any aspects within 5,6 degs, a draw is likely.
Gem, I do find your reasoning excellent in this question. My reason for going with Chelsea was that Saturn appeared so totally destructed. I note the the game started in the hour of Mercury and the chart was made radical by its opposition to the asc. But I have seen that the aspects between the lord of the hour to the asc act more like a testimony than a natural attunement. The lord of the hour opposing the asc gives Spurs' a nudge, however, the conjunction to Venus, L4, the two of them sitting on an angle gives support to the draw.

I have spent some time with the chart as an aftermath and I think it's great you got it right! :'
http://www.astronor.com

Thank you Andrew, it`s great to have your analysis too :D
6 out of 8 right, that`s so remarkable! I`d be so proud if I were you :'

Thanks to you too Ficina, for your reasoning behind the Villa game and the example. I`ll look at the example later. Sorry if I sounded a bit critical in my last post , which wasn`t my intention at all. I`d definitely consider such a placement to be a strong testimony for the DC team.
Last edited by Gem on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another example of bodily emplacement in tonight`s match between Man city and Everton at 2000.
odds: 2.25/3.20/2.75
Anti-Mars(Everton) is exactly on MC. A storng testimony for Everton. Moon also squares anti-POS, a testimony for Everton.

Yes, Gem, I agree. I've got Everton down for a 1-0 win. In addition to the two testimonies you mentioned, I also noted Moon sextile Saturn (L4) and Moon trine antiscion Mars (L7). Actually it's not bodily emplacement but antiscial emplacement which isn't quite so powerful, but given all the testimonies in Everton's favour, it looks more like a win than a draw - hopefully!

Yes you`re right Ficina. It`s antiscial placement, which isn`t as powerful as bodily placement :(
it looks more like a win than a draw - hopefully!
Fingers crossed!

hi Trojan
Good to have another testimony :)
This chart reminded me of a Champions League match on 19 Feb between Schalke/Porto at Gelsenkirchen. The angles are the same! I think Shalke won mainly because anti-Mars(Porto) was at 3 Cancer 39, just inside MC at 2 Cancer 18.

ManC-Everton
The game starts on the dy and hour of the Moon wih a Libra asc. The chart is radical on basis of the similar powers between the Moon and lady of the asc, Venus. This relationship plays the ball back to the Moon, who is the planet to be emphasised in jugdement. The radical chart gives the favourite a fair chance. The significance of the Moon offers protection to the home team (?). Cancer is on the MC and the culiminating degree is sextile the exaltation of the Moon.

I notice that the Moon applies to the sextile of Saturn and trine of the Sun. The bookmakers appear to be expecting a 1-1 draw.

I dare not predict which way this game will go. I commit my observations for the sake of study. Good luck everyone!

ManC-Everton 0-2 with 20minutes to go. I can see which way this is kicking. Congratulations to the group with their excellent collective work. In my opinion, horarcek 's observation regarding POF/POS joined to Algol was very important! Gotta hit the hay. If ManC score we can fight about it tomorrow :)
----------------
I have to admit I am extremely excited about you gals & guys getting this one right. For me it was the highlight of the week and provided valuable information regarding questions I've been asking. I am still uncertain regarding the question of who gets the asc. Although Gem showed excellent reasoning in giving Chelsea the asc in the Carling Cup. The 2-2 between B'ham & Arsenal still haunts me a bit though. Did we agree upon who received the asc there?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I checked Tuesdays games to see whether anything interesting was going - but all the matches were being played at about the same time :(

Preston-Stoke at 19.45 GMT could be interesting. Stoke at the top of the table. Preston just recovering from the bottom. Stoke are favourites by odds. The asc is 29VI43 and in that sense not fit to be judged - it could go either way. But my interest is connected to POF/POS at 4GE57, which is square Saturn at 4VI58. This is certainly an obstacle for the favourites - but have Preston got it in them to beat the table leader?

Moon applies to Jupiter in CP in the 4th. Do we call it a draw?