I will be posting a report on some of January results as soon as I get round to it. I want to take a look at some of the bets placed. Some are good, others are at fault. Now I don't want to go to detail on every bet placed through the month, just take a look at what placing a bet is like. There will be both single and multiple bets, and we will be looking at odds, total odds and how astrology, favourites and underdogs performed. Maybe this will tell us more about the problem at hand, the nature of the game and the usefulness of astrology in determining what can be predicted. I will post this under a separate topic, but just wanted to announce that something was under preparation.

I think it would be good if we picked out a few games every weekend that we all could look at and examine in advance. No objection to comments on any other game - but if we structure our study to a limited number of games, we might gain a focus that could prove useful further down the line.
http://www.astronor.com

Saturday's game in Portugal's top leauge between Benefica and National could be an interesting study. Does anyone feel it is fit to be judged?

Benefica - National, 21.15 GMT Lisboa
Odds: 1.35 4.10 8.50
Benefica are 2nd in the Portugese superleauge and have only lost one of their last 6 matches. The last home match they lost was to Porto who crown the leauge and have an 8 point lead to Benefica. Benefica have 9 wins, 6 draws and only 2 looses at home this season.
National are in the 9th position in the Portugese league, which puts them in the lower half of the table. They have 12 points less than Benefica. Their away statestics show they have 2 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. The odds rate Benefica as favourites and National as underdogs. There are no other significant games being played in parallell to this match.

Moving to the chart: Dy Saturn, Hr Jupiter, Asc 23VI33, MC 22GE40, POF/POS is 3LE43. Now the interesting thing here is that the Moon is 23SG35 and opposes the MC. The chart is not radical and the sign of the fall of the lord of the hour is on the ascendant. Mars who is almuten of the descendant is culiminating in the Midheaven. Mercury, who is L1, is retrograde and conjunct Neptune.

Does this match have the qualities that suggest the result can be predicted by astrology or not? As far as I can see, it should qualify. Then who wins the game and why? Does anyone feel confident enough to bet on National, or what is the verdict? If we decide to go with National and they win, then it is a wonderful example in favour of astrology. If Benefica win, what are the testimonies and how do we explain it?

Moon conj IC is the only testimony that I can see in the chart. If the game starts a couple of minutes late, the Moon will be within the same degree as IC which makes it very strong. The question is, is this one single testimony sufficient for an underdog to beat an odds-on fave playing at home? This particular testimony worked in the Newcastle/Man City game, but the odds for that game were much closer.

I'll post something about the Premier League games tomorrow. Hopefully some of you will have a crack at them too, but they don't look easy.

Benefica-National
Thank you for your comments. Moon conj IC did wonders for the Derby-underdogs of Norwegian ice-hockey last week when they took all the points in a combat against the table leaders. So what do we do? Do we have a verdict, or do we just sit on our hands?

We might summarize and say that National stand a chance and that the price 8,5:1 is interesting, but do we put money on it? The psychology at action is very much similar to buying the stockmarket just as, i.e. Mars turns direct, and everyone else is screaming and selling like hell.

The question is what do we want to do with the underdogs and have we got it in us to go against everone else? The correct response may be a small bet on National, or are Benefica simply too good and our money is safe with them? Or do we get a draw? Either way, this chart is up for study - for the sake of the game, for astrology and to see what it does to our reponses.

Man City v Arsenal
12.45pm GMT
Manchester, England
Asc 27,9 Gemini

Arsenal are odds-on faves, ManC keep the Asc on colours.

Testimonies for ManC:
Mercury (L1) conj MC
Moon sextile Mercury
Moon trine antiscion Saturn (L10)

Testimonies for Arsenal:
Moon conj antiscion Jupiter (L7)

This looks good for ManC, but there are some worries re Mercury. It's not yet up to full speed, having recently turned retro, it's moving into combustion and Neptune may mess things up :-? It's very difficult to predict against an odds-on fave, but I've stuck my neck out and gone for a 2-1 win to ManC, although I won't be surprised if I'm wrong!

Liverpool v Sunderland
5.15pm GMT
Liverpool, England
Asc 17,40 Leo

Liverpool are odds-on faves.

Testimonies for Liverpool:
None

Testimonies for Sunderland:
Moon opp Mars (L4)
Moon trine antiscion Saturn (L7)

Since Sunderland are away team and underdog, I don't think these testimonies are sufficient to beat an odds-on fave playing at home, but I think they should at least score. I originally went for a draw, but have since changed my mind to a 2-1 win for Liverpool.

Good luck with ManC, Ficina! That would be a good turnaround for them after drawing away with Derby! Odds: 5.00 3.35 1.74 It is a good bet. Moon, LHr, applying to Mercury, L1, in the 10th. In Aquarius - Sweden!

The odds in the Liverpool-Sunderland game are 1.30 4.75 10.0, which make Sunderland an even greater underdog than National. Being within reason is a fair stake. I give you points if Sunderland score! :'

The astrological testimonies are put to question in both cases, but ManC is allowed to keep the asc inspite of coming up against Arsenal and stand a better chance because they are playing from home (?)

PS. I will buck ManC at interesting odds and pay the price if it doesn't work out! 8)

Don't worry too much about ManC-Arsenal, Ficina. I had Celtic beating Kilmarnok in a duplet with Swansea beating Cardiff, which more than covers the ManC stake - so the day ends in plus anyhow. But it might be a good idea to reckon up when the day is over.
------------------------------------------------------
Ficina - you were right in two instances. Arsenal won inspite of the astrology and you were right in being wrong, and Liverpool won inspite of the astrology, too, but Sunderland did not score. The matches were weighed up in a correct fashion - no rose-tinted specs, but where does that lead us?

I ask myself these questions when things don't work out as expected. Why, sometimes I cannot even work out the right chart ! :shock: Now what I do believe is that if we work through the chart and facts, we can achieve an improved focus on what is going on and our judgement and results will improve accordingly. It can be done and there are many good, or rather excellent, efforts demonstrated at this forum. :'

Thanks for those words of encouragement, Andrew, and I'm glad you were up on the day overall :) I think I tend to be a bit too optimistic about the underdogs winning or scoring. The underdogs often do score when there is a Moon aspect in their favour, so I won't throw out that testimony just yet. Sunderland should have had a penalty, but "should haves" don't count :P

At least Liverpool won, so I got something right today!