On diurnal charts and the NFC Championship game

Now that I've had my coffee break I thought I'd present the Giants game from the standpoint of Sophia Mason's diurnal chart method. Details can be found in her book 'The Art of Forecasting Using Diurnal Charts', published by the AFA.

How to calculate a diurnal chart. Very easy. If you want a diurnal chart for today, enter all the data for your birth chart in the computer exactly as you did originally, except you change the name, if you want, and you enter today's date. Everything else is the same as the birth chart. Some people say you should use your current location. Mason was an expert on diurnals, and she is very emphatic that you should use the birth location.
I'm not about to argue with her.

Next, you need a birth chart for the two teams in question. There are several charts that can be used. The true birth chart for a team would be for the first exhibition game ever played, or for the first regular season game. Both appear to be valid. (I have such charts for all NFL teams). What Mason did was to use the chart for the first regular season game for the current season. There is a drawback to this, and Mason was aware of it. Namely, that there will always be two teams sharing the same chart. Not to mention the fact that almost all games are played on the same day. I have been informed by Susan Santomierei, however, that the chart for the first win of the current season is also a valid chart. I was skeptical of this when I first learned of it, but it appears to be valid. There are problems with this, too, but let's give it a try with the NFC game.

Green Bay won their first game, which was a home opener, which was played at 1:02 pm CDT, 9/9/2007, in Green Bay, WI. To get the diurnal chart for the game, call up the same data, and substitute a new name and the date of 1/20/08. Change nothing else. You should have an Ascendant of 23TA50. If possible, print the two charts out on the same page, or put the natal planets around the diurnal in a biwheel. What you are looking for are aspects, with an orb of +/- 1 degree, particularly between the natal planets and angles and the diurnal cusps, and to a lesser degree between the diurnal planets and cusps. Hard aspects are the most important, and Mason used all aspects. In this case I put the natal Asc, MC, and Saturn around the diurnal chart. Draw in the aspect lines.

The equivalent data for the Giants is 9/23/2008, 4:16 pm EDT, in Washington, DC. Data for the diurnal chart is of course the same. Natal Asc and MC are placed around the dirurnal chart in this case. Note diurnal Moon-180-diurnal Jupiter, aspecting Saturn, and how the natal MC connects to them. Put the charts up, draw up the aspect lines, and you'll see what I mean.

When you view these two charts side by side it is immediately clear why the Giants won: their chart is much more energetic.

I wish they were always this clear, but unfortunately it's not always the case. But it is another method worth exploring, and it does often work quite well. I think there is room for refinement, but the basic idea is sound.

Let me know if you have any questions, and as always I invite your comments.

Bob

The true birth chart for a team would be for the first exhibition game ever played, or for the first regular season game. Both appear to be valid. (I have such charts for all NFL teams).(I have such charts for all NFL teams)
What do you do when a team moves? For example, the current Indianapolis Colts were the Baltimore Colts. Does Indianapolis retain the original Baltimore chart or do you use the first game played by the Colts when they moved to Indianapolis?

Ditto the St. Louis Rams previously the LA Rams and prior to that the Cleveland Rams.

What do you mean by the Giants' chart was "more energetic?" Can you give an example?

Curious.

Tom

There is a question about moving when using the 'real' birth chart for a team, and I haven't researched the answer. For the Mason method the question is moot: the nature of the beast is such that team moves don't count. Now if you mean what do you do as the team moves around during the season, you don't do anything. Use the original chart for the first win.

As I said in my first post, Mason didn't do it quite that way, but she was quite emphatic in her book that you use the 'birth' location, so I guess that's what she would do. You're a Giants fan: check it out for the season and let me know.

As to energetic: take a minute to put the two charts up, draw in the aspect lines and you'll see what I mean. I gave you the data.

I may do the Pats game when I get tonights NBA charts done.

Bob

As to energetic: take a minute to put the two charts up, draw in the aspect lines and you'll see what I mean. I gave you the data.
I'm a tradtionalist, so I don't look at aspects the way a modern would. That is I don't give them the same level of importance and I look at them as qualifying the natures of the planets. If you're using aspects to indicate energy or activity, that tells me something. Over here on the dark side, Mars energizes, Mercury energizes and maybe Jupiter. Aspects don't.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tom

I'm not entirely sure I agree with all of what Mason does. For example, she wouldn't differentiate between SA-90-Asc and JU-90-Asc. I would hesitate to go along with that.

Also, in doing the sports charts, she ignores things like rulerships and house placements. She isn't really using the diurnal charts as diurnals, which are something like daily lunar or solar returns. It's more like a system of daily progressions.

It's time for my coffee again. After that I will take a look at the Patriots game using her method.

Bob

Placidus. These are not horary charts.

Mason's method uses the angles so the results shouldn't be sensitive to the intermediate cusps. Are you sure you did everything else right?

Bob

Bulletbobb wrote:Placidus. These are not horary charts.
Mason's method uses the angles so the results shouldn't be sensitive to the intermediate cusps. Are you sure you did everything else right?
Bob
Bob, I'm not shure at all...

Thanx for answer!

I cast chart of 1st winning game of current season and then cast diurnal for game date.

first of all I see:
1) natal planet conj or aspect diurnal angles
2) natal angles conj or aspect diurnal angles and planets
3) diurnal planet conj or aspect diurnal angles

Are Hard Aspects - Oppositions, Quadrates (may be even Conjuctions?) more energetic and then good for this method?
Alexey

Why don't you give me the data for the games and I can check you.

Mason says the hard aspects are more effective than the soft. She says that the most effective aspect pattern is what she calls a 'modified T-square', which could be something like VE-135-ASC, UR-45-VE, and UR-90-ASC.

Bob

Well, there is example:

Mapple Leafs vs. Bruins
Boston, USA
6-March-2008
19:07 EST

1st winnning Mapple Leafs game of season
Toronto, Canada
6-Oct-2007
19:08 EDT

1st winning Bruins game of season
Phoenix, USA
6-Oct-2007
19:04 PST
Alexey

I think I found the problem.

Boston played in Phoenix all right, and they won, and on the 6th.

The game was scheduled to start at 10:00 pm EDT. That would be 8:00 pm MDT, because Arizona is in the Mountain time zone.

However: Azizona doesn't observe daylight saving time (good for them! Stupid idea). So I think the correct time would be 19:04 MST, and not 19:04 PST as the NHL site says. Hawaii doesn't observe DST either.

A one hour error in their birth time might have some effect on your prognostications!

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Bob