Reception when Neighbouring Signs are involved?

Hi Folks,

Reception when Neighbouring Signs are involved?

Something cropped up yesterday and I wonder if anybody could help me develop some ideas.

I'm interested in understanding how Mutual Reception plays out for rulers of planets that are adjacent to each other.

Many others feel that it's hard to have any "sight" between such signs.

So how does the reception of Mars in Taurus play out with Venus in Aries?

How does the Moon in Leo play out with the Sun in Cancer.

You could have the same with Mercury and Venus and Moon for Taurus and Cancer

And Mercury and Sun and Mars for Leo and Scorpio.

Also Jupiter and Mars/ Saturn for Scorpio and Capricorn/ Aquarius.

My feeling is that Reception is CONFUSED when the planets sign's neighbour each other.

Get my drift?

This dawned on me as we have Neptune in Aquarius and Uranus in Pisces.

Althougth they are MODERN planets I feel there should be reception but I don't see it in the World.

H.
Yikkes!

There is a very strong reception when the planets involved are in trine aspect, for example: Saturn Gemini - Mercury Aquarius. It's really very strong reception, especially if the aspect is exact and partile.

In sextile it is nearly good as the above, for exaplme: Mars Gemini - Mercury Aries. The exact aspects strengthen.

In square and opposition it varies according to the planets involved.
Moon in Aries and Mars in Cancer is not very well.
Sun in Scorpio, Mars in Leo is better than the above.

The other sign exchanges are not so considerable as these.
Mars in Taurus, Venus in Aries is very bad.
Mars in Virgo, Mercury in Aries is not so bad, but weak.
Mars in Pisces, Jupiter in Aries is also not bad, but how strong... If Jupiter were in Scorpio it would be much stronger.
Last edited by zuli on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think it's also important to consider which houses are involved when the mutual reception involves adjoining signs.

I have the Sun in Cancer in the twelfth, and the Moon in Leo in the first.

That Sun placement would typically manifest as shy or inwardly-focused. The mutual reception allows my Sun to act like it's in Leo. I am a natural leader, and I have been described as "dynamic." I look like a Leo, too, tall and golden blond. Of course, it's just a mask :D