Pretty VOC sort of afternoon, really. Derby loosing 1-4 for Preston. MK Dons loosing 0-1 for Rochdale (MK are the default of league 2 and way ahead of the others.. yet they always seem to loose when I follow them). In fact, Rochdale had a man sent off after 13 minutes and even then MK Dons still lost it! :shock:

A good VOC draw between Villa and Blackburn, Luton and Leeds. H&W was sensational, I agree. And against all odds, the Norwegians lost their handball match at home against the Swedish for the 5th place in the EU handball tournement. :-cry

Moving away from the favourites in these games would have given nice returns.
http://www.astronor.com

Mansfield-Middlesborough, I'm going with 'Borough'!
Wigan-Chelsea, I see no reason to challenge the favourite.
I think Cameroon and Egypt will get their matches.
Mansfield-Middlesborough 0-2
Wigan-Chelsea 1-2
Cameroon-Zambia 5-1
Egypt-Sudan 3-0

The combination gave 3.68:1. Why bother with anything else?
8) :'

Games to keep an eye on Sunday:
Senegal-Angola, 17.00 GMT
Odds: 1,70 3,50 4,90
The Day of the Sun, Hour of the Moon and Cancer on the Asc. The chart is radical. Together with POF receiving a dexter square through signs of short ascension from Mars, L10, these are promising testimonies in advantage of the favourite. Saturn, L7, at 7VI14 casts its antiscia to the MC 22AR10 - but he having no dignities in the point and it rather being the place of his fall - little good should be expected from this point.

Tunisia-South Africa, 19.30 GMT
Odds: 2,10 3,25 3,40
The Day of the Sun, Hour of Mars and Leo on the Asc. Mars has the same powers as the lord of the ascendant. The chart is radical and performance is in the control of the lord of the hour. I am noting that the lord of the hour and lord of the ascendant are in separate signs of the same triplicity, which I am monitoring for draws. POF/POS is receiving a sinister trine from Pluto though signs of short ascension, so I am moving the result away from the favourite - and am going to try for a possible draw.

SheffieldU-ManC, 16.00 GMT
Odds: 3,85 3,30 1,95
The Day of the Sun, Hour of Saturn and 1LE35 on the Asc. I am giving the moment radicality on basis of the relationship between the lord of the Day and the ascendant, besides Saturn, who is LHr, has two lesser dignities in this place. Seeing that POF is within 2 degr of the MC and receiving nothing but amicable aspects from the Sun and Venus, I see no reason to do anything else than go with the favourite, who is City.

Saint-?tienne - Lyon, 19.50 GMT
Odds: 3.85 3.05 2.05
The Day and Hour or the Sun with a Virgo Asc. The chart is 'saved' as the Sun and Mercury are in the same sign. Lyon are the default of the French league and get the ascendant. St.Etienne are about 3/4 down the table. Mercury, L1, applies by trine to Mars in the 10th house who receives his dipositor by sign. This amends the possible negatives of the aspect being cast through signs of short ascension. POF/POS is closest sextile Uranus, so I stick with the favourite.

I'm not feeling confident that I can get 4/4 games right, even if I have picked out games and solutions that basically seem to be supportive for the favourites. My gut feeling tells me that Angola might be better than they have shown us so far and that the trine through signs of short ascension might cause trouble for Lyon and lead to a draw, but this would be my preparations ahead of those games. See you on the ice! 8)

Hereford v Cardiff 12.30
Cardiff are faves but Hereford keep the Asc on colours.
Moon square Jupiter (L7). Cardiff win.

Man Utd v Spurs 2.00
ManU are odds-on faves.
Interesting situation with Jupiter (L10) conj Desc. It is just inside so it is captured or, as JF would say, controlled by Desc. However, if the game kicks off two minutes late, Jupiter is exactly conjunct. Any later, then Jupiter controls the Desc, again according to JF. I have little experience of these testimonies so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. The game is on TV so I shall keep my eye on the clock.

The only other testimony is Moon square Jupiter which favours ManU.

Sheffield Utd v Man City 4.00
Man City are faves but Sheff Utd keep Asc on colours.
Sun (L1) in 7th but not close to angle.
Moon conj IC (angular) but 4 degs away. It will get closer if the game kicks off late. Is this enough for a City win? Possibly, but I think I'll go for a draw.

SheffieldU - ManC 2-1! :shock: :(
Oh dear, City! I hate it when that happens! How do we explain it, Ficina? We both got it wrong. The chart is not radical if I ignore the lord of the day. That would favour the underdog. The Sun, L1, is angular but detriment. The Moon is in the Sun's fall and opposes the MC, but POF on the MC looked more prominent.

Congratulations upon your success with Cardiff and ManU! :'

Thanks Andrew, and belated congrats on your successes yesterday :'

For the record, the ManU/Spurs game kicked off at 2.02pm when Jupiter was exact to the minute conj the Desc. Not sure how to interpret that, but I guess the Moon/Jupiter aspect decided the outcome. It was a really entertaining game to watch - two class sides :)

Yes, Sheff Utd beating ManC was a surprise result. I can't really explain it. Perhaps it was just the Sun being in an angular house?