Do we have the following matches coming up:

Newcastle v Bolton. 19/1/08 17.15 As 10 Leo

Wigan v Everton 20/1/08 13.30 As 25 Gem

Man C v West Ham (again) 20/1/08 As 26 Can

Liverpool v Aston Villa 21/1/08 As 7 Virgo

I think the Watford game in the Championship may also have an individual kick-off time.

I've not yet had the chance to consider the 1st ManC v WHU game, I assume the comments can be put on this thread, to assist with the hierarchy of considerations.

Whilst I am having a go at predicting timing of goals and the correct score, I'm not sure whether I am predicting the correct score or the margin of the result, e.g. 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, etc. If I actually get anywhere with this, this issue may become clearer.

There is also the question of draws. Looking back at previous threads do I understand that if neither team appears to have an advantage predictions are defaulting to draws. If others are considering this criteria, I may try and go down the Castle Beseigement route of seeing if a Chart should default to a draw regardless of the respective strengths of a particular team. Again, I may scrap this thought process as draw charts come along.

Although scoring goals is essential for a winning a game, I would be quite happy with being able to determine the winner, or draw, before the actual number of goals either way. But I think that the two studies are connected, so we should be able to link the two together.

Do we need to divide some of the tasks within the group? We seem to be doing alright, but there is quite a lot of work some time. :)

I think I want to contribute be adding the relationship between the planetary hour, the radical ascendant and it's lord. Maybe lunations, too. Charts that look obvious but don't work out as expected, intrigue me. There must be an explaination as to what is going on and a detail that we have missed.

Someone might want to define the word 'default', as well. What does it take to reach this state or quality. And Arsenal are do longer default (?) What has changed? Movements within the league are pretty important.

Prehaps a league is like a ship. The ascendant is for the team at the top, the descendant is Derby. :brows
http://www.astronor.com

Fridays game between Hartlepool and Cheltenham. 19.45 GMT
The odds are: 1.73 3.50 4.40

Now I have difficulty finding testemony of either team winning. The game starts in the hour of Venus, the chart is not radical and the lady of the hour agrees more with the Pisces descendant, where she has her exaltation. But looking at it another way, Venus, lady of the hour is L10 and intercepted in the 4th.

Could this match possibly end a draw?

There is the Moon in the 10th applying to a trine with her dispositor Mercury, L1, but the aspect is wide, Mercury cadent and the aspect cast through signs of short ascension. Will this do it for Hartlepool?

Newcastle - Bolton, Jan 19. - 17.15 GMT
Odds: 1.75 3.35 4.85

Could this chart provide a draw? The match starts in the hour of Mercury, which does not agree with the either the radical ascendant or its lord. I am experimenting with the idea that this moves victory away from the favourite. Newcastle are favourites by odds and playing home. The lord of the ascendant is the Sun, who is in his own face and in a position to save it, but cadent in the 6th and VOC.

Saturn, L7, is in mr with Mercury, located in the 7th - but does nothing much else. Mercury is sextile the MC, which is located in his terms. The Moon's first application is to Venus, who is lady of the 4th, hence the contest provides no victor.

:?:

Testimonies for Newcastle
Moon conj Mars (L10)

Testimonies for Bolton
Moon opp Venus (L4)
Moon sextile antiscion Saturn (L7)

We have an opportunity to test out one of JF's aphorisms, namely that bodily conjunctions are usually final. (NB "usually") This would indicate a win for Newcastle.

Although there are two testimonies for Bolton, one of them is minor. The aspects indicate that Bolton should score one or possibly two goals. I'll go for 3-2 Newcastle.

Is it possible to get astrolgers block?
It sounds as if all of us aren't getting much out of any of the charts.

Newcastle-Bolton

Newcastle home and favourites are the ascendant. I get nothing for the colours.

I can understand why Andrew has gone for a draw.

I'll try a different approach and prediction. Bolton win.

Newcastle sun, void. Sun in its own face but in saturns sign and terms.

Bolton are saturn. Mutual Rec with mercury, in 7th house.
Saturn trine jupiter. Saturn retrograde. Jupiter in fall.!?

Moon opposes venus. Venus is in saturn's terms and saturn is in venus's terms. (Moon is also in saturns terms and suns face!!!!)

There appears to be an empahsis of saturn in reception and terms. If this has any weight then Bolton win.
Whether South node in Leo has an influence would also sway me to Bolton.

Brave or foolish? :lol: I'm still doing the Guardian competition where I have to predict scores for all 10 EPL games, so I went for 3-2 there.

Wigan v Everton

Who gets the Asc? Everton are faves but not odds-on. I'm confused over colours. Anyone got any ideas? I'm tempted to give Wigan the Asc, in which case:

Testimonies for Wigan
Mercury (L1) conj MC
Moon sextile Saturn (L10)
Antiscion Moon conj Asc

Testimonies for Everton
Moon opp Jupiter (L7)
[Antiscion Jupiter conj Desc - cadent and 3 degs away, so iffy]

Everton should score, so I'm going for 2-1 Wigan - that's assuming they're the Asc :???:

Anyone notice how the North node changing sign (mean) affected Arsenals dominance of the default top?

By the way, I haven't got any money on the table regarding the matches being discussed at the moment. There are some wonderful default games this evening and through the weekend.

Le Havre - Libourne-St Seurin
Mons AEC - Club Brugge
Paris FC - Pau
Excelsior Rotterdam - Feyenoord
Wrexham - Milton Keynes
Swansea City - Port Vale
Fulham - Arsenal
Reading - Manchester United
Portsmouth - Derby County , among my favourites...