Norwegian Elite Series - single match
Lillestroem - Stabekk, 19.00 LST (17.00 GMT) 59N57, 11E05
Odds: 2,75 3,40 2,40
Asc 22CP24 MC 9SG01 MO 2LI52, POF 15AQ39
Stabekk is table leader with 38 pts, while Lillestroem is not a bad team but 3rd from the bottom with 19pts. The formtable puts Lillestroem in the 7th position, so they are on the way up. The game is played on the Day of the Moon and the Hour is on the cusp of the hour of Sun. Saturn, lord of the ascendant is conjunct the Sun - so I judge the chart to be radical.

I give the ascendant to the home team, but seeing that their significator, Saturn is combust and intercepted in the 7th, I fear that Lillestroem will be in the claws of their opponent, so to speak. The Moon, lady of the 7th, is in her own face and carries the virtue of her dispositor, Venus, to Mercury, Lord of the IC - which is in favour of the guests. Since Mercury is lord of the 4th I think that a draw is the best that Lillestroem can hope for, but I believe that victory will go to Stabekk.
http://www.astronor.com

Lillestroem - Stabekk 1-1
It ended a draw, with the comments that Stabekk misused their chance. This must have been the Moon's location in Libra (balance) applying to the Lord of the 4th. Note that the hour was on the change. I half registered this because I know have seen the draw appear under similar circumstances. Libra, the lord of the 4th, and the planetary hour...

Oh well! Half right! :-T

From his evenings games played 19.45 BST:
Dag and Red - Barnet 4-2
Leeds - Bradford 2-1

I played the double and collected an odds of 3,05:1

Astrology may not have had too much to do with this. Lots of games being played at the same time, but then I did select two teams that I like. Maybe that is another way around the problem, picking out the teams that you feel that you can relate to.

How funny - now that I am back from vacation, everyone else seems to be enjoying theirs! :lala

How funny - now that I am back from vacation, everyone else seems to be enjoying theirs!
Hi Andrew,

Sorry about that - it's nothing personal !! I am going to be quiet in the forum for the next few weeks as I'll be away from my desk, and at the moment it's all go with preparations. Also there doesn't seem ot be any Premier League matches this weekend, so I guess that will keep the posts low. Enjoying reading your results though!

Deb

No, there's not much going on at the moment, but I am getting ready for Saturday's first Qualifying round to the World Cup.

Today, Chesterfield & Grimsby meet at 19.30 BST
Chesterfield beat Grimsby away 0-1 only a week ago, but today the Moon is 29LI12 and VOC. This could turn the tables and my guess would be a draw. The game is played on the Day of Mercury and in the Hour of Mars. Mars rules the ascendant by triplicity (which I monitor for draws). Mercury, L4, applies to the lord of the hour.

Not putting a penny on the game. This is for the exercize! :)

Hi Andrew,

Not on holiday - just having a breather after all those weekend games :) As Deb says, there are no Prem games this weekend so I'll probably have a look at the World Cup Qualifiers - as long as they're not all being played at the same times!

Well done with your wins yesterday :'

There's nothing much else going on in England but this one;
(Edit: Please note the calculation error - as pointed out by Gem and myself further down the line (I used 19.45 GMT) , but I decided to let the wrong chart stand from the point of viewing some of the interesting technical aspects of such a moment)

Kidderminster Harriers - Torquay United, 19.45 BST, Sep. 4
Odds: 2,30 3,20 2,80
Asc 20AR10 MC 7CP36 Moon 12SC11 POF/(POS) 19GE43
The game is played on the Day of Jupiter and in the Hour of Saturn.

What an unusual chart. How to interpret it? Saturn, Lord of the Hour, at 12VI01, combust the Sun at 12VI38, but the Moon at 12SC11 in the 7th, translates Saturn to Jupiter in the 10th at 12CP33. Tight? Does the Moon in her fall translating to Jupiter in his fall get Saturn out of a fix? Saturn is the dispositor of Jupiter, and both Jupiter and Saturn are in the triplicity of the Moon.

My heart is with Kidderminster, and they are favourites by odds, but the exaltation degree of Saturn is on the cusp of the 7th. Jupiter is almuten of the 4th, by exaltation and term, and is located in the 10th in the domicile of Saturn. The Moon is in the 7th. The chart is not radical and so I think this game will go to Torquay. :???:
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Andrew
I've been very busy and haven't even gone over last weekend's PL matches yet but had a quick look at the chart, tempted by your description. It's indeed an interesting chart... but are you sure that Saturn is the LOH? One calculator says Mercury till 19:47 and the other says till 19:46. I could check another ones if I had time... If the Moon is the LOH, it doesn't look that bad for Kidderminster...

Hi Gem,
You are right. :' I seem to have made one of my most common errors when participating on the forum - time zones. The chart is wrong. :( (I get the time quoted in both Norwegian local time and BST, and then the computor seems to set about the task by random - I will try to take more care.) :? However, I have decided not to delete the wrong chart for technical reasons. It was primarily the tight aspects between the Sun, Saturn, Jupiter and the translation of the Moon that fascinated me in the first place.

Kidderminster - Torquay 19.45 BST
The correct angles are Asc 13PI24 MC 23SG47. The question you raise, Gem, is whether it is the hour of Mercury or the Moon. The hour of the Moon begins at Sunset. The Sun is below the rational horizon, so it is the hour of the Moon.

I wonder whether the Moon, lady of the hour, applying to Sun/Saturn on the cusp of the 7th would be an advantage fro the guests? Jupiter is L1 and L10. POF is tied in to it all at 12TA28.

I think I am dropping this one. After all, I got the calculations wrong, which is rarely a good sign... :shock: