Re: Point of fortune

luna wrote:I am looking for books on Point of Fortune
can anyone give me titles
Thanks
Although not exclusively about the Part of Fortune, try The Lunation Cycle by Dane Rudhyar. If you can wade through the verbiage and elaborations of his writings then it does, at least for me, start of on the correct footing when it deals with this Part, and the corresponding Part of Spirit, from the standpoint that the Part is a reflection (forgive the pun) of the Sun/Moon phase relationship.

If you haven't encountered Rudhyar before, try this site first so that you can dip your toe in it and see if you get on with his style;

http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/

Not many people get on with him, and I fully expect to get shot down in flames for even daring to mention him :lala

Hmmm. Going to Dane Rudhyar for information on the Lot of Fortune is sort of like going to McDonald's for Beef Wellington.

Try Robert Zoller's "The Arabic Parts in Astrology: The Lost Key to Prediction."
Frank Piechoski

This really belongs elsewhere either the traditional forum or nativities and general astrology forum if the author of the original post is wishes to include modern astrological delineations of the POF. I can't move it, or I would.

While I agree whole heartedly with Frank, use that book with caution. I had a conversation recently with a former student of Zoller's and he thinks Zoller may have changed his mind about some of the delineations of the POF in that book which was written over 20 years ago. It is still worth reading though. Just keep an open mind and use other sources. He did not disavow every word.

The lot or part of fortune should be read in context with the part of spirit, which is the reverse formula. Fortune or Fortuna as she is called is usually associated with the material including the body, but it is said to have a spiritual dimension as well. Spirit is just that. It gives information of the spiritual life.

The Project Hindsight Folks are dealing with this in depth but what books are available are expensive.

What follows is from Firmicus Maternus Matheseos Book VIII, Bram Translation:

"
5. The Part of Fortune shows the quality of life, the amount of inheritance and course of good and bad fortune. Also love and the affection of men toward women, the effects of child-care, and all desires. It shows the fatherland in an easy way. Abram called it the part of the Moon.

6. Therefore observe which planets rule the place of the part of Fortune, both by sign and by terms. Consider in what house each ruler is, whether angular, favorable, or dejected; whether the rulers are in their exaltations or falls; whether they aspect the part of Fortune; whether they are themselves in aspect; and whether they are angular."

7.When you have carefully investigated all this, then observe who is the ruler of the degree of the Moon ina nocturnal chart of of the Sun in a diurnal chart and see if this ruler is in aspect to the part of Fortune. If one planet is found to be the ruler of all these degrees and is favorably located in signs in which he rejoices, or in his exaltation, or in his own house this indicates a lucky chart. If this planet is well located with the Sun and Moon and in aspect to the prat of Fortune, still greater good fortune is indicated by the multiple aspect. If the part of Fortune is in an angular house in aspect to the Moon, this indicates even greater good fortune.

8. But if there is no one ruler of the sign of the part of Fortune and of its terms and of the terms of the Sun and Moon, the one which has the greatest power should be the most important in the forecast; if this one is benefic and in favorable signs, in his exaltation or in his own house, or on first angles and in aspect to the part of Fortune, a great and noble chart is indicated.
The POF is a good place to look for potential career or at least part of what should be looked at for career. Although Maternus says to look at the part of spirit for career, he was more noble of thought than I.

Rudhyar???

Tom