Tenessee vs San Diego Post Mortem

Game Data
January 6, 2008
1:34:09 PM PST + 8hrs
San Diego, California, USA
27 Taurus 45 rises

Lords 1, 10, 7 or 4 are not close to an angle.
None of the antiscia is close an angle
Fortuna is ruled by Venus as is the favorites (San Diego). Venus is separating from Saturn, Lord 10, but separating aspects don?t count.

So far, the default option is that San Diego wins. However the Moon applies, but barely to an opposition to Mars. Janus 4.0 software calculated this difference to be about 20 seconds of arc at the above time. At most the time is a couple of seconds off, so this wouldn?t change the aspect from applying to separating. Clock accuracy? I used my cell phone which gets a signal from a satellite and the timer on my DVD player gets it from the same place. They were identically synchronized.

The rule is Moon?s last aspect wins, other things agreeing, so I picked the underdog, since the Moon opposed the underdog?s significator, Mars. Furthermore John says that Pluto tends to work against the favorites and Pluto was at 29 Sagittarius 21, and therefore it is the last bodily aspect (conjunction really) before she leaves Sagittarius. I saw and still see nothing to override the testimony of Moon to opposition of Mars favors the underdogs and Pluto is supporting testimony - sort of.

All I can conclude is that the applying aspect to Mars is just too close to separating to count on and the default option should apply. As the game began, San Diego was an 11 point favorite. That was the precise spread at the end of the game. Perhaps the testimony is good for an upset that isn?t so lopsided. In other words if the underdog was only six or so points down to the favorite we would go with the underdog, but a double digit underdog is too great a handicap to overcome with such thin testimony.

If anyone sees something I missed, please let me know.

Look for next week?s fearless picks in a few days.

Tom

Tom,
My method is to determine "who is who" by colour of sports kit. (because ASC for one team and DSC for another team is alll about appearance!) That is the only difference from J.Frawley method.
Here we have Tenessee with white/blue sport kit colour quite appropriate with Ve ruler of ASC so ASC=Tenessee.
DSC is in Sco, with ruler Mars and that is black colour (if DSC was Ar, Ma will be red colour), so DSC is San Diego.
My free astro program, ASTROWIN, calculate Moon at 27SAg52 and Ma rx at 27Ge54, so we have applaying aspect with Ma ruler of San Diego, so DSC team win! One more thing, ASC is on Algol, most unfortunate fixed star, so ASC team could not win!
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Perhaps the testimony is good for an upset that isn?t so lopsided. In other words if the underdog was only six or so points down to the favorite we would go with the underdog, but a double digit underdog is too great a handicap to overcome with such thin testimony.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here, Tom. Moon aspects often indicate that the underdog will score but not necessarily win, depending on other testimonies. I realise this isn't so appropriate in American football where a nil score is pretty unusual anyway, but perhaps it indicates something else? It may be worth a bit of observation and research.

One other thing I'd like to add is that a 75% strike rate is excellent. If I'd got 3 correct out of 4, I'd be feeling pretty pleased with myself :D

Couple of things here:

ASTROWIN, calculate Moon at 27SAg52 and Ma rx at 27Ge54, so we have applaying aspect with Ma ruler of San Diego, so DSC team win! One more thing, ASC is on Algol, most unfortunate fixed star, so ASC team could not win!
Janus software puts the Moon as applying by something like 22 seconds of arc at kickoff. Solar Fire, which I did not check, at the same time, puts it is about that much but separating. What we need to remember is that Tennessee was an 11 point underdog. In the NFL that's huge. Frawley said that in order to overcome those odds, we need more than one testimony. One testimony is all we had, so if I had recalled John's words and heeded them, regardless of how tight the orb was, I wold have predicted San Diego as the winner. Even using Janus' calculations, I could have made a spectacular prediction of Tennessee scoring first but coming up short. I was right about the thin testimony, but discovered it too late.

I new that Algol was on the ASC, but ignored it. I don't think fixed stars have all that much influence on these kinds of charts. I've seen other charts with Algol rising or culminating and the favorites winning, just like this one.

One other thing I'd like to add is that a 75% strike rate is excellent. If I'd got 3 correct out of 4, I'd be feeling pretty pleased with myself
Thank you. I do, but I'm always after the one that got away. I'm happiest about the Giants pick since they were the underdog, but a lot of football savvy people think that was the result of heavy betting on Tampa Bay and not a real good assessment of the teams' relative strengths.

I"ll post picks for this coming weekend before game time.

Tom