Fearless US Football Predictions using the Correct Dates

For the record, my resource/method is John Frawley's Sports Astrology. Since I have no emotional stake in either game, I used the event chart method: favorite gets the ASC.

Game 1 Washington (DC) Redskins at Seattle (Washington State) Sea Hawks. Seattle is the favorite. Scheduled kickoff time is 1:30 PM PST. I used 1:35 PM PST

There is nothing of note in this chart to indicate an upset so the "default option" applies: favorites, the Seattle Sea Hawks, win.

Game 2 Jacksonville, (Florida) Jaguars at Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Steelers. Jacksonville is the favorite. Game time is 8:00 pm EST I used 8:05 PM

Pretty much the same as above with one glitch. Neptune is on the 7th cusp. Frawley says Neptune doesn't tell us anything consistently but it may be that he doesn't like the favorites, although Neptune favoring the Steelers over the Sea Hawks is an incongruity. Perhaps the Steelers will lose the game but beat the spread. The spread as of a couple of days ago was only 2 points which is less than a field goal (3 points) and makes for a very close game.

I'll try to get something up about tomorrow's games later on today.

Tom

I thought I'd chip in with my two cents.

I used a time of ten minutes after the nominal, as my timings of non-afternoon games during the season suggests that is closer to the mark. Trouble with Frawley's method is that degrees count.

In the Washington at Seattle game I see the antiscion of R1 is just below the 7th cusp, and Venus just above it. Bad news for the Redskins. (In the Rosebowl the Illini had Venus on the 7th and you all know what happened to them!). Also, R1 is closely bracketed by SU/MC and VE/UR, which might be helpful.

Again I agree with Tom in the Steelers game. In my test sets I have found that NE on an angle seems to have no effect, as Frawley says. The Jaguars have SU/SA and ME/SA closely bracketing the IC, which I assume would not be helpful.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Here are Sunday's locks.

Giants over Tampa Bay (at Tampa, Florida 1:30 EST Jan 6). Moon's last aspect is to Mars, Giant's significator.

This next one could make you some money. Sand Diego isa 9 point favorite over Tennessee. At the official game time the Moon is 3 minutes of arc from opposing Mars. Barring other significant testimony, and I can't find any, this should win, but if the game starts even 10 minutes later, the Moon will be separating from Mars. Then there is the joker in the deck. Mars true last aspect is to Pluto at 29 Sagittarius. Frawley does not specifically address this situation, but he does say that Pluto has a grudge against the favorites. If the game starts while Moon is applying to Mars it looks like a big upset. If the aspect is separating there is minor testimony for Tennessee. Might be worth a small bet.

Tom

I haven't put those charts up yet, but in the test sets I have run I have seen no support whatsoever for Frawleys views on Pluto. I've seen it on the angles in a number of charts and it hasn't done anything that I can see.

Bob

Well, I went 2-0 for Saturday when the favorite was put in the first house.
When I posted those two picks I just assumed the home team was the favorite. You know what they say about assuming!

Now to look at todays games, and the spread!

Bob

Just for the Record, John does not state that the effects of Pluto are inevitable. On page 90 of Sports Astrology:
"Pluto has a powerful destructive effect if placed directly on a relevant cusp. If conjunct or opposing Fortuna or the antiscion or the dispositor of Fortuna, this favors (emphasis added) the underdog. Pluto seems to hold some kind of grudge against favorites; he' s much less inclined to work his malice on the underdogs. Even a placement on the 2nd cusp harms the favorites."
Two things:

1) He is not arguing an absolute, although he later says he has judged charts on Pluto's placement alone accurately. This is the problem with statistical analysis, it assumes a perfectly consistent system with few or no variables. If all things point one way and Pluto sits on the second cusp, it doesn't mean all other things are irrelevant. He is not saying the position of Pluto on a sensitive point always produces the same result.

2) The scenario in the Tennessee - San Diego game does not match any of the situations cited above. I only mentioned it as a possibility, and as an apparent deduction from other things he's said about judging these charts.

Yesterday's games:

The Steelers started out as one-point favorites and ended up two point underdogs by game time. I have no idea what effect, if any this has. My assumption is that whoever is the favorite at kickoff gets the first house. It is unusual for these things to change and when they do it is often a result of betting not necessarily any news about the team that has emerged. The Steelers lost by two, and they were the underdog at home.

Today both favorites are home teams. I'm not sure why the Giants are underdogs. It must be the home field advantage, or the perpetual "deer in the headlights" look on their quarterback's face..

Tom

I tried to time yesterdays's games, but due to 'technical difficulties' I was unseccessful. Accoring to the SI site Seattle started at 1:35 ET and Steelers at 8:13 ET. So that's an average of 9 minutes after the nominal, which is close to the 10 I use.

I agree with Tom about the Giants game. If my 1:10 ET time is correct there are several midpoints that are of interest. We have JU/SA-0-Dsc (is that good or bad?), and R7-180-MA/PL, which should help. San Diego has MA/UR-0-Asc, but it's 1.5 degrees away: a bit wide. There is also NE/PL and MO/NE bracketing the MC, which should not help. Let's hope Eli gets his s**t together and we have a playoff win for once.

I'd stay away from the TT@SD game bacause of sign uncertainties. At 1:40 PST the Asc is at 29TA27. Titans have SA/NE exactly on the Dsc, which won't help, depending on the time. They also have SU-0-ME/JU, which should help. But I'd keep away from it.

Bob

I got 3 of 4. Sand Diego came from behind to beat Tennessee. It started out all Tennessee, but in the second half it was all San Diego. The kickoff took place at 1:34:09 and at that time the Moon was applying to Mars, Tennessee's significator, but only by a couple of minutes of arc, if that. Pluto didn't work out for Tennessee in the end.

I have some travelling to do this week, but I'll try to look over next week's games and give it another go.

Tom