Newcastle-ManchesterCity, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2.30 3.25 3.00

Bolton-Derby, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 1.50 3.70 7.00

It's not as if I am expecting the world to collapse tomorrow but I have put a bet on the combination ManC and Derby with a collective odds of 21:1. Risk/reward is good if the numbers come up. 8)

The charts put the Moon on the IC, translating the light from Saturn L7 to the Sun, L1. There was a curious situation in Norwegian icehockey last week where the Moon translated from the Sun, L1, to a conjunction with Saturn, L7, but with all 5 matches ending in a home victory. This I explain by the fact the light was translated from L1 and to his dispositor. So in reality the Sun, L1, still remained in control. This time it is the other way round, where Saturn, L7, is still in control of [and has a grip on] the Sun in Capricorn. At least I am trying that option, because the virtue of Saturn, L7, is not reversed. I think that the Moon, who is almuten of the 10th, and located on the IC, puts the underdog in control. ManchesterCity are looking for an away win. Newcastle have been unstable. Derby are by far the weakest on the table (Moon in Scorpio, its fall) but have had a few good tries, taken the lead against stronger teams than Bolton and will be eager to win.

The matches are played during the nocturnal. The closest aspect of the Part of Spirit is the trine to Neptune through signs of short ascension. This I have previously seen cause disadvantage to the favourite.

:brows :'
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew, your observations about translation are interesting. At first I fancied ManCity to win with Moon conj IC (angular) but the Moon is very weak and its dispositor is retro, so I'm not so sure. In the three games kicking off at 8pm the Moon is still conj IC but cadent, making this testimony weaker still. Moon sextiles Sun (L1) so I would expect all three home teams to win. ManCity may possibly get a draw but I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle win.

Manchester is Cancer. Although I feel that ManU is Scorpio, I am sure that City is Cancer or the Moon. The Moon is in the terms of Jupiter, by the way, which is a planet agreeable with her own natural powers. In a different manner I felt that the detrimented Moon represented Derby, and that the angularity of the light on the 4th might give them their chance.

Yes, the effect of the translation will be interesting. That is why I put it up front - because last time round it worked in a different fashion than I expected; The translation to L7 just refered everthing back to L1 again.

Going for victory for Newcastle and Bolton (the home teams) gives a total odds of 3.45:1. The away teams with the odds 27:1 is much more exciting and will be even more extraordinary if it materializes.

You have to pick a multiple combination of 4-7 favourites to build up a collective odds of 7:1, equivalent to the odds returned if Derby win. Consequently it is more valuable if we can determine the victory of the underdog.

I felt that the detrimented Moon represented Derby, and that the angularity of the light on the 4th might give them their chance.
It could equally represent Wigan and Sunderland who are both languishing near the foot of the table. All three games are being played in the same area so the charts are exactly the same. If you think that Derby might win, are you saying the other two might win also?

Yes, I agree there is very little value in betting odds-on, and multi bets are always risky which is why I generally try to avoid them 8)

Hi, Happy New Year

Just want to say I belatedly spotted a typical indication for a draw in the Man City/Blackburn chart we discussed in the December section: Moon was conjunct the S Node, which is a serious affliction. However for the life of me I can`t figure out why the Man City/Liverpool match(30 Dec) ended in a goaless draw...

I`ve finally read the event chart section of Sports Astrology but found nothing new to learn; I`d already read everything in it in this forum.

Well, Bolton beat Derby 1-0, but Newcastle were defeated by Manchester City 0-2. I had a multiple bet combining the victory of City, Blackburn and Real Madrid, with total odds 5,6:1. So although some combinations didn't work out, but the total kitty is still up ?8,- 8) :'

It was a funny evening, really :???: , which started Barcelona (The Favourites of the day at odds 1.1:1) drawing with the alltime underdogs Alcoyano, at the odds 7,25:1. [An Alcoyano win was priced 18:1!!] Then Sevilla (1,12:1) after taking a 2-0 lead almost lost their game to Denia (odds 15:1), but were lucky and scored 2 goals in the final minutes, setting the result to 4-3!! Another match that shook the bookies was Atl?tico Madrid - Granada 74 playing 1-1 at the odds 4,7:1.

Some final words on the translation, though. The Moon translating from the Sun to Saturn last week brought the virtue back to the Sun because Saturn was is dispositor. Today the Moon translated from Saturn to the Sun, but conveys the perfection of the virtues of Saturn because the Sun receives him in his dignities. That was my reasoning, anyhow...

:brows

Gem,
Good point re Moon/SN indicating draw. Glad you've got JF's book. I didn't realise we'd covered so much of it on the forum.

Andrew,
Well done for getting ManCity :' Wigan messed up my prediction for the other three games. That was the shock result of the evening, getting a draw at Liverpool :shock:

I jotted down my observations on the three matches on 2 Jan in the High vs Low Scores thread. Love to hear what you all think, particularly about the use of real time and JF's use of symbolic time regarding the angles. For those who are not familiar with his way, he holds the angles stastic. So for exmaple, the planets just below the 7th house are in reality already down the horizon and moving down into the 6th house. I would have thought, and in my experience, these palnets are losing strengths and weak. JF, would hovever, regard them as one of the strongest testimonies, holding power over that particular cusp.

Consider me a Villa fan, but it looks spooky in their home game against ManU in the Cup tomorrow, time 17.15 GMT.

The descendant is in the degree of Mars' exaltation. It is a nocturnal chart and Mars is conjunct the Part of Spirit. Mars is also L10. I take this as a testimony for the visitors.

Gem,
I've come to the conclusion that Liverpool/Wigan was just one of those freak results. Or maybe, as you say, it was Benitez's fault :lol: or as John would say, Wigan didn't follow the script! The other two matches did follow the script, both home team faves winning 1-0 with Moon aspecting L1 and nothing to indicate that the away sides would score. Two out of three is good enough I reckon :)

Real time vs symbolic time is a difficult one. I tend to favour real time for the reasons you have given, although it appears that the symbolic approach worked in the Sun/MC example you gave on the other thread. I think we just have to continue to monitor it.