Thank you for the betting tips :D
especially if the other team has none at all.
I added a sentence to my previous post a minuete after posting... Being the dispositor of both POF and POS is quite a strong testimony, IMO.
Last edited by Gem on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Being the dispositor of both POF and POS is quite a strong testimony, IMO.
Definitely stronger if it's both, I agree. It was the same in Chelsea's case. Not so for Everton and Spurs though where L7 was dispositor of PoF only. Obviously this has to be weighed against other testimonies and also if any of the Big Four are involved, well, it takes a lot to overturn them!

Obviously this has to be weighed against other testimonies and also if any of the Big Four are involved, well, it takes a lot to overturn them!
Exactly.

In Spurs' case, they were the ruler of POF but Arsenal were the lord of POS too, balancing it out. And that was the single testimony for Everton. They both played well though, their games nearly, almost ended in draws.

On Boxingday we have at 19.45 GMT

Portsmouth-Arsenal
Odds: 4.30 3.30 1.85
Asc 17LE35 MC 1TA09 MO 11LE32 PoS(n) 24PI28 trine Venus 25SC16

In my opinion, the beneficial aspect between PoS(n) and Venus is in advantage the favourite.

Ficinia, yes - I see that the Manchester City game is on Thursday! :-?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Gem,
that was the single testimony for Everton.
Everton and Spurs both received a Moon aspect to their antiscia. Although not a testimony for a win, this indicated that they would score. I think it would have been possible to predict the exact scoreline for these games. Easy to say afterwards of course!

Andrew, the City/Blackburn match is on Thursday. I'll have a look at the charts later.

Here is the Thursday game:
Manchester City - Blackburn 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2.15 3.25 3.30

Asc 18LE56 MC 2TA10 MO 25LE04 PoF 8AR19 square Sun 5CP41 through signs of short ascension. The Moon in the 1st house square Venus, L7, through signs of long ascension. Neptune is on the Descendant. All this should be in favour of the home team.

There is the applying trine between Saturn, L7, and the Sun, L1. But has Blackburn been slipping behind since the sextile between Saturn and Mars has been fading?

I can see no testimonies for either side in the Portsmouth/Arsenal game, so presumably Arsenal, the odds-on fave, will win by default, especially since Portsmouth haven't managed to win at home since the end of September.

Man City/Blackburn looks like a clear win for City, odds-on faves. Moon in 1st square Venus (L10) and antiscion Moon in 10th, just under 3 degs from MC. Moon sextile antiscion Mars (L4) indicates that Blackburn will score.
But has Blackburn been slipping behind since the sextile between Saturn and Mars has been fading?
Blackburn were doing well until the end of October, since when they've only won one of their last 9 games.

Hmm, I've just noticed that although the two bookies I use have ManCity at 10/11, some of the others have them at evens or 11/10 :-? I have only one online account at the moment, although I know it's quite common and probably advisable to have more than one in order to get the best odds.

Alternatively, if Blackburn score first then ManCity's odds will improve, in which case it will be worth placing a bet "in running".

I wanted to try a few other matches:
Al Majd - Raja Club Athletic, Damascus, Dec 25. 17.30 GMT
Odds: 2.25 3.00 2.90
Asc 12LE00 MC 4TA54 MO 26CN14 PoS(n) 4PI41
I chose to back the home team because the 7th is ruled by Saturn, who is disposed by Mercury, who is combust and controlled by the lord of the 1st house, who is the Sun. The PoS(n) is sextile the Sun, L1, at 3CP32 - which is in advantage the favourites, who are playing at home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Result: Al Majd-Raja 1-1 :-sk
I note that the sextile between PoS(n) and the Sun is cast through signs of short ascension. I have some draws on record where I have observed PoF or PoS(n) in semi-sextile to a planet. I will get back to describing draws in a later article.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea - Aston Villa, London, Dec 26. 13.00 GMT
Odds: 1.40 4.10 8.50
Asc 12TA24 MC 17CP59 MO 7LE39 PoF 15SG41
I just had to back the Villa in this one. (Since I originate from the B'ham district..) The odds are great. First I note that the lady of the 1st is detrimented in the 7th and opposite Algol. Lord of the 7th, Mars, is cadent but in an opposition to Jupiter at the same time as they are in mutual reception by exaltation (although both planets are in their fall). I notice that the MC is in Capricorn, ruled by Saturn in Virgo - which is the sign that rules Birmingham. And most of all, the PoF at 15SG41 is in a tight square to Uranus at 15PI12 - and this could upset the favourites! C'mon Villa!!! 8)

Villa have a good record against Chelsea and if they can take advantage of the fact that Chelsea will probably be playing their third choice goalie*, then I think they are in with a chance. The Draw No Bet might be a good one to go for here; the odds for Villa are around 5/1 or 6/1.

The chart is no use to me because there are two other games kicking off at 1pm also in London so the angles hardly vary :-?

* update: Cech is in goal.

Chelsea-AstonVilla 4-4 !!
Did you get the number og goals right, Ficina?? :brows
What a game! Three red cards, too!

I think the fact that the favourites received an upset proves a point but I am not quite sure how to use it yet. Ficina's draw no bet sound like a good option. I am not familiar with the draw no bet. Do all bookies offer it? I can go for 1/x, 1/2 or x/2 at weaker odds.

Out of the last 8 matches I done, 6 of them have ended a draw. :-?
Will have to look at all these details later!

It was such an exciting match! I was only listening to the radio commentary but I still shut my eyes when Villa took their penalty in stoppage time :lol: Really looking forward to watching the highlights on TV tonight.

Draw No Bet - some bookies do it, some don't. Have a look on oddschecker.com. Draws are very difficult to predict and no, I didn't get the number of goals right :P