The Moon applies to Mars, who receives her in her sign. Mars retrogrades to meet her dispositor. Mars is in mutual reception with Jupiter by term. It is not all negative. But Moon and Mars are natural enemies, and the sextile is cast through signs of long ascension, below the horizon.

By the way, 7 yellow cards in the Chelsea-West Ham game! A lot of trouble with the Moon joined to Saturn, with the square to the Sun. South node in the same sign as Moon and Saturn.
http://www.astronor.com

Ficina
Thank you for taking the time to explain about the Moon/POF. What you found is valuable and can be used especially in a chart where testimonies are sparse. It's true that there are many variables but that can be said about others too including JF's antiscia.
Even looking at the Chelsea match, I could make a case for all possible outcomes.
That's true too :lol: Well done Andrew
I'm wondering how the Mars teams (whoever they are) in the 3pm games will do today
I'm nearly giving up making sense of 3pm matches. Figuring out who gets the AC is too hard a hurdle to overcome in the first place.

Yes, well done Andrew. Very brave to bet odds-on. I don't understand decimal odds very well but Corals had Chelsea at 2/7. Not a great return, but still a profit :)
I'm nearly giving up making sense of 3pm matches. Figuring out who gets the AC is too hard a hurdle to overcome in the first place.
I agree. Three of those five games ended in a draw, which is unusual, so I guess the Moon aspect helped the weak Mars.

Interesting game tomorrow. Spurs v Birmingham, 4pm. Spurs are odds-on faves but I can't see them winning. What do you think?

Arsenal are leading 2-1 at the end of the first half...
I can't see them winning.
There are strongish testimonies for Birmingham aren't they, though I hate the thought of Spurs being beaten.

Well, I'm just slightly out of pocket after the Chelsea win but Arsenal stealing all the points from Villa :( (looking for a draw) but I agree with Gem and will go with Birmingham winning away against Spurs tomorrow. :'

The odds there are 7,75:1 if Birmingham get it right. I don't now why the odds are stacked so heavily against Birmingham. Both teams are about even at the lower end of the table. :?

:sg I will also go for Liverpool beating Bolton at odds 1,3:1 with the Moon at 22VI25 in trine to the Asc at 21TA49 where she has exaltation.

If anyone feels they can comment why Arsenal defeated Villa today that would be interesting. It was a tight game. Moon, lady of the 1st, moved to oppose Uranus?

Question: The Asc. is for the home team or favourites. The Des. is for the away team. If the visiting team are favourites they can win from both Asc. or Des.? This is confusing. Is the Moon the match itself, showing what happens?

Yes the chart looks good for Birmingham as Ficina said. The Liverpool match appears to be a safe bet, though not a great return as the Chelsea one.

Now we have to learn something from the Arsenal match. Teams like ManU and Arsenal seem capable of winning even without strong testimonies whereas obviously Villa weren't. Interestingly the distance between the Moon and Uranus was about 4 degs and there were 4 goals. I haven't particulary observed the Moon-Uranus aspects favouring either side in the past but it may be something to keep observation.
The Des. is for the away team. If the visiting team are favourites they can win from both Asc. or Des.?
I'm not sure what you mean.
Is the Moon the match itself, showing what happens?
JF says it shows the flow of events.

I forgot to write about Spurs.
Spurs have been unbeaten since they had a new manager. They've also been doing well in the UEFA Cup, top of the table in their group. Last week they were 2-0 down in the first half and came back to beat a Danish team 3-2. They're always entertaining to watch and I hope they'll continue to do well even though I put a pound on Birmingham's win!
Last edited by Gem on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re the Moon:
JF says it shows the flow of events.
You give JF too much credit, Gem! Or at least I am sure he would quote Olivia Barclay on the same. (No offence meant JF!) :brows
The Des. is for the away team. If the visiting team are favourites they can win from both Asc. or Des.?
What I mean is that is Arsenal are playing home we say they are shown by the Asc.; or if they are playing away and the 7th is stronger than the 1st then we say they are shown by the 7th; or if Arsenal are playing away and the 1st is stronger than the 7th then we say that Arsenal are represented by the 1st because they are the favourites?

There must be a better way to get at this problem!
Gem says:
...even though I put a pound on Birmingham's win!
Put ?3 on Liverpool (1,3:1) and ?1 on Birmingham (7,75:1). This way a Liverpool win almost covers a B'ham loss. If both matches come right you walk home with ?11.65
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Although I said I couldn't see Spurs winning, I can't see Birmingham winning either, so I'm going for a draw. Birmingham will be trying to impress their new manager but, as Gem said, Spurs seem to be coming back into form.

Liverpool and Man Utd (Monday) will win. Both odds-on at home, so no surprises there.

The more I see of Arsenal, the more I think they're going to win everything this season. Even though Villa had home advantage, there were no testimonies to show they could beat the odds-on fave. Also, as I said earlier, it would seem the 4th house planets helped Arsenal on this occasion.

What I mean is that is Arsenal are playing home we say they are shown by the Asc.; or if they are playing away and the 7th is stronger than the 1st then we say they are shown by the 7th; or if Arsenal are playing away and the 1st is stronger than the 7th then we say that Arsenal are represented by the 1st because they are the favourites?
I suppose giving the strong side to faves makes a logical sense but then we won't be able to predict underdogs' win, which do happen sometimes.
I agree with Ficina on sticking to one method. So if Arsenal are playing away, I give them the DC even though the lord of the AC looks stronger.
I can't see Birmingham winning either
If you put it like that, I can now see my pound dissappearing into the cyborspace!

I can now see my pound dissappearing into the cyborspace!
Don't worry, Gem, they might still do it! If it makes you feel any better, I've done a small hedging bet for Birmingham as well as the draw 8)

Just out of interest, are you betting online? I still haven't tried that method.

It appears that online betting gives slightly better odds, meaning that your return is improved if you get i right.

Birmingham is Virgo. I'm all excited. :mrgreen: It would be a good win if they made it. I have played 4 matches this weekend. At the end it is fair to take a look at the overall results and see if astrology proved useful.